Do you think my icons look good?

• Total voters

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I need an icon of hooks.

Something like this
hookjy5.png

But I want three (or five) of this hooks and in the (something a like) direction like this
hookzb9.png

The main one in the middle that goes like this >>>>>>>>

and later some at the sides, but I want thoose in the sides to fade a bit so it looks like the hook is shooting out fast. Don't make it flat and make it have a bit 3d feeling, make it like the hook"s" are shooting towards you.

(Pictures comming between the "this". And please, stop with the annoying comments, I clearly know what hook it is, and where it comes from)

PooBucket

Reaction score
Lol okay wasn't sure if that was what you would have wanted. I'll finish it up for ya then. Mana icons okay. And joaoac I can do those too. :p

I swear I have to learn modeling to match these cool icons. And gosh, you do those icons quick, they look good too in that short amount of time. How do you do that?! How long does it take you to do one of those icons? :confused:

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I was ignored... T.T

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Lol, yes, the two icons were from the map editor.. :rolleyes:

Heres my terrible comet icon.. ><

Attachments

• BTNMetor.jpg
    BTNMetor.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 460

PooBucket

Reaction score
Lol, yes, the two icons were from the map editor.. :rolleyes:

Heres my terrible comet icon.. ><

The icon looks more like it's used in a weather forecast! haha sry no offense. Not too bad though... I woulda probably suggested havng a comet coming liek at a diagonal without any of the cloud stuff. Probably red too. Just suggestions.

Daskunk

Reaction score
The icon looks more like it's used in a weather forecast! haha sry no offense. Not too bad though... I woulda probably suggested havng a comet coming liek at a diagonal without any of the cloud stuff. Probably red too. Just suggestions.
He wanted there to be clouds and it to be blue. Not my fualt! :p

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Kudos to you Grymlax your icon is superior to mine. I still have a ways to go to get to that skill level. I would have thought yours to have been made by blizzard myself if I didn't know otherwise. How on earth did you get so good?

Well the secret is as you might have understood to start of big. it's impossible to freehand an icon and start with 64 X 64 pixels. for that icon i started drawing with the size 300 X 300 and then when i was done i simply rezised it. another good tip is to use alot of layers. i used 3 for that one. the green background, the the backstabers and a light effect which i placed behind the person who was backstabed.

inside the spoiler you can see how the layer with the persons looked like before i resized it.
this is more or less how it looked like. i ended up making the daggers a little darker.
backstabstorvv3.png
as you probably can see this is no masterpiece but it looks alittle better when it's so small that you can't see the details. and with a background behind it.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>as you probably can see this is no masterpiece
I think it's awsome, it's exactly what I had in mind and fits perfectly with the spell I'm creating:thup:

hasslarn

Reaction score
If its not too mutch can u do icons for my lotr map?

1.Aragon
2.Legolas
3.Frodo
4.Sam
5.Merry
6.Pippin

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
First try using pixelizing.

How u like it (i know u wanted blue tail but couldn't edit it all the way without scraping it all)

here:
cloudyrocketqk6.png

If u like it, I'll give u the download!

Still pichu, there is mine if you do not like daskunk's!!

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Hi!

I would be very thankful if u made a wand icon. A wand from Harry Potter.There is no one that look like it on hiveworkshop... :banghead: Like I said, I would be very thankful if u helped me :D

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Hows this?

BTNwings.PNG

If you like it I'll upload the icon itself and the disbtn as well.

Kudos to you Grymlax your icon is superior to mine. I still have a ways to go to get to that skill level. I would have thought yours to have been made by blizzard myself if I didn't know otherwise. How on earth did you get so good?
That looks fine. Ty, i know how to copy n paste stuff but im not good at resizing or re-coloring.. :( what you use? +rep 4 u

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Forsakener

Reaction score
Still pichu, there is mine if you do not like daskunk's!!

Okay I like both of yours but daskunk your needs to be a bit bigger and comming from a angle... I really wish don you made your blue...... also i forgot to put this in the description i wanted....

Like at the front of the comet its like pushing the wind away to the sides and the wind looks like a barrier... I dont know any better description than that but if you know what i mean try adding it and let me see it. Thank you you guys are really good!

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
I'll try to edit it and give out a nice blue tint to it, expect it soon!

Forsakener

Reaction score
I feel like thats already on warcraft lmao that is really good if you made that! Its amazing!! Actually its perfect
then the next post will say well its already on warcraft!! lmao i hope not! dam that is really good
+rep

Daskunk

Reaction score
I feel like thats already on warcraft lmao that is really good if you made that! Its amazing!! Actually its perfect
then the next post will say well its already on warcraft!! lmao i hope not! dam that is really good
+rep
Lol. No, its not. All with normal paint brush. Glad you like it though. :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
These are just pasting stuff onto icons... nothing special.

Anyways...
+rep

Lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.