AoE Bash

Parsival

Reaction score
Hi.

I just wanted to make AoE Bash. You know, chance of stunning enemy in range by attacking one of them. I know it's impossible in Object Editor and I need to make a script.
I created ability based on normal Bash ability (has its own buff). Now I want to create dummy unit every time bash is launched and use AoE stun ability. The problem is, I don't know how to detect that target unit got stunned.

Bash is used by range attack unit with quite slow missile speed (takes 1-2s before reaching target). So I cannot make trigger waiting for missile (checking its HP and launching when it becomes smaller), because in this time target can be hit 20 times by other units.

I tried with millions events, conditions, ifs, hashtables... :(
It seems to be impossible, but I can't believe it :|

The only way I see is scanning for buffed units every ~0.1s, but it seems to be very bad solution when there is ~250 units (so it scans 2500 units per second) on map and 10 players with wooden pcs.

Help pl4x! :(

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I've done this before, very simple.

Don't base it off bash.
Base it off something with no effect, for example Attribute Bonus.
Then have a trigger that fires on every attack, if the chance is met pick every enemy nearby and dummy cast storm bolt to it.
(You can also make it only stun the units in the direction of facing, but thats alil more tricky)

I would suggest this for a melee unit though, if its for a ranged you might need some sort of detection system.

Parsival

Reaction score
Then have a trigger that fires on every attack, if the chance is met pick every enemy nearby and dummy cast storm bolt to it.
And when will you cast that storm bolt? When the unit starts attacking? And his missile did not even appear?

you might need some sort of detection system.
And that's the question of this thread ;)

is the missile homing or not?
Yes, it is.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The goblin tinkers cluster rocket ability has AoE stun. Just use that instead of spamming dummy units and storm bolt.
To detect when the stun buff is applied use a damage detection system, when a unit is damaged and the source of the damage is a dummy unit with cluster rockets you got your stun buff detected.

Parsival

Reaction score
To detect when the stun buff is applied use a damage detection system, when a unit is damaged and the source of the damage is a dummy unit with cluster rockets you got your stun buff detected.
Which event checks if not-specified unit took damage?

The goblin tinkers cluster rocket ability has AoE stun
Hmm. I don't know this ability. Will check it, thanks.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to use a damage detection system for the event.
When a unit takes damage, check for the unit type of the damage source. Is it your dummy unit you know the buff has been applied.

Parsival

Reaction score
Well, I'm not an idiot. I'm asking you which event checks if not-specified unit took damage.
I need it to be generic, because all units are created during gameplay.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no such event thats why i said you need a damage detection system.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the damage detection system you use. A damage detection system should provide you with generic "damage taken" events. Look for a damage detection system and choose which one suits your needs best.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.