AOE increase and splash damage increase?

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
I have edited a unit (marauder) and I would like to give it splash damage 1 quarter of total damage to initial target.

The "Marauder" is a hero and I would like this as level-able passive that scales from 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, then equal amount of damage.

I would also like to increase AOE in the same passive scaling 1, 2, 3, and 4

Does anyone know what I could do here?

by the way guys I love you, you always can answer anything :D

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Just go to the 'damage effect' of the marauder and select the 'search' tab and fill in '0.25' as fraction, select the radius you want

By the way, do you mean that you can upgrade the marauder to multiple levels which makes it a bigger splash? or do you mean that the splash damage should be 100% at close range and 25% at far range?

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
I would like the ability to increase in damage and AOE as it levels but it still only hurts 1 target, even after your instructions.
Do you know what has happened here?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
I read that tutorial first before making this ability

I'll check some places...

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I would like the ability to increase in damage and AOE as it levels but it still only hurts 1 target, even after your instructions.
Do you know what has happened here?
In the Search: Search Areas +[/i] property, make sure the Arc value is set to 360 and Radius is set to a large enough value (between 1 and 2 should do it). Also make sure the the targets are not being excluded by the Search: Search Filters property.

As far as increasing the splash damage for each ability level, the easiest way would be to create a new damage effect for each possible ability level. Now you need to create a Requirement for each damage effect (except for level 0, when the ability is yet to be researched) which tests which level the ability is at. So for the requirement for level 1 of the ability:
Code:
USE
   Equals
      Count Behaviour <Your_Ability_Behaviour> Completed at Unit
      Constant 1
SHOW
The other levels for this requirement will be the same except that the Constant value will be increased to match the level being tested.

Now you need to create a validator for each damage effect of the type Player Requirement and set the Validator: Value property to the corresponding requirement you just created. Then create a Switch effect and set the Effect: Default Value to the standard damage effect (the one to be used when that player has not learned the ability). Then edit the Effect: Cases + property and add each of the other damage effects and the corresponding validator to go with it. Make sure Fallthrough is disabled.
Finally on your units weapon, set the Impact Effect to the Swicth effect instead of the Damage effect.

I'm sorry if I have rushed through that. If something doesn't make sense or you need further info let me know.

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
I have some requirements already like this one
Code:
USE
  Greater Than or Equal To
      Count Ability "Marauder" - "Ability"
      Constant 1

SHOW
  Greater Than or Equal To
      Count Ability "Marauder" - "Ability"
      Constant 1

Sorry I can't tell you about anything about the map's heroes or Abilities so you'll have to go with me here.

Is this an OK Requirement for this ability?

EDIT: Wait... this would make it accumulative right... that might be why...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.