API for Dark GDK?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
So, I've recently gotten Dark GDK to help me make 2d games with C++, (and eventually 3d games, but I'm not planning that far yet) and it's working fine, but I can't for the life of me find a place that lists all the functions that Dark Basic (Which is what Dark GDK uses, right?) gives you. So far I have dbLoadImage, dbSprite, and dbLoadAnimatedSprite, which I got out of the first tutorial that game with the GDK. But then the tutorials jump straight into 3d games, which doesn't help me any. There doesn't seem to be any kind of documentation with the GDK or on the site that lists the various functions you're getting, only page after page of them telling you how great the program is and all the cool stuff you can do with their simple functions. :banghead:

So, does anyone know where I could find something like this? I don't need a tutorial, just something that lists the various tools and functions Dark GDK gives you, preferably with a short description of what it does and such. I've been able to find all sorts of APIs for C++, but for whatever dumb reason there doesn't even seem to be one for DarkBasic. How the hell are you supposed to learn to use it? :mad:

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Ah, FINALLY someone on this site with Dark Gdk too :D

#1. No, Dark GDK and Dark Basic are different. Dark GDK is... well, Dark GDK.

#2. Look in Start-->All Programs-->The Game Creators-->Dark GDK-->Documentation-->Information

If you need any help understanding a function or something with Dark GDK in general let me know :thup:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Ah, FINALLY someone on this site with Dark Gdk too :D

#1. No, Dark GDK and Dark Basic are different. Dark GDK is... well, Dark GDK.

#2. Look in Start-->All Programs-->The Game Creators-->Dark GDK-->Documentation-->Information

If you need any help understanding a function or something with Dark GDK in general let me know :thup:

BWAHAHAHHA finally! I don't know why they hid it so much. I mean, sure, I probably should have found it, but I would have thought they would tell you where to look from the tutorials or something, sheesh.

Anyways, thanks soo so much. Now I can actually get started on my game. (Tetris, in case you're curious, and yes it's just for practice ;))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.