Health Appendix operation through the mouth

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Surgeons have removed a man's appendix through his mouth in a radical world first.

The pioneering operation - dubbed "cakehole surgery" - means no unsightly scars, and the patient was doing sit-ups three days afterwards.

Today, doctors released the first pictures of the bizarre-looking procedure on Jeff Scholz, which was undertaken using miniaturised surgical tools.

It is hoped this new approach could slash waiting times, cut down on infection and reduce post-operative pain.

Read the news here.

Rad

Reaction score
Wasn't there one of these operations through the vagina posted a couple weeks back? Yes rad, yes there was. Oh ok, i thought so.

I don't know if I trust doctors trying all these new ways of operating. I mean sure you don't have the scar but at least the old way has been practiced much more. Doctors are very skilled, but they're still human. Wouldn't the chances of success be smaller when your "digging deeper" for the same results?

I'd rather just take the scar.

I don't know that much about anatomy, maybe it is safer, but I'd rather do it the old fashioned way. Besides, scars can tell stories. I guess "I got my appendix removed" isn't much of a story but hey :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.