Sci/Tech Apple iOS 7 makes some users literally SICK. As in puking, not upset

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Forging new frontiers in fanboi fragility, some members of the iDevice community have taken to Apple's discussion forum to complain that iOS 7 makes them want to puke.

No, their nausea isn't being caused by mere aesthetic revulsion. Rather, the source is iOS 7's many zoom animations along with the slight parallax effect that iOS 7 uses to create the illusion of 3D display layers – home-screen backgrounds, for example, can be seen to shift slightly behind icons as a user rotates their phone.

These bits of UI trickery make some people sick.

"The zoom animations everywhere on the new iOS 7 are literally making me nauseous and giving me a headache. It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car," wrote the initial poster in an Apple forum entitled "Any way to turn off iOS 7 navigation animations?"

"I have the same problem," writes another. "After using it for two minutes, I felt nauseous."

Eh...Wut? Pokémon's "Electric Soldier Porygon" seizure-inducing power now comes in iOS 7 flavor?

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I love it. This is the kind of news I come here to read.
Do me a favor and do tell me what other news you do like to read. Then I will get the lowest common denominator from all of you and post the news that follows the LCD.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything that is bad publicity to big companies or countries in general. And when something very controversial happens. It also makes for great discussions and trolling.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
something very controversial happens

• anything in violation of basic human rights
  • genetic modification
  • nuclear bombs 'n stuff
  • random people suffering because of silly stuff (i.e. this thread)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 3, mostly for web dev, and I have to say: I love iOS 7. It's so slick and flat, it really has a great feeling to it. And I'm not nauseous because of it, which is good :D.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it and have had it for a few days. I cannot see what would cause that and everyone at my job has an Iphone with IOS 7 and nothing wrong with them.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate change too but my youngest daughter forced it on me :) I like IOS 7 but I am completely new to Apple and really do not see a difference except for having to enter a code to access my stuff

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate change too but my youngest daughter forced it on me :) I like IOS 7 but I am completely new to Apple and really do not see a difference except for having to enter a code to access my stuff
Next moment, I see TH puking with his beer in his hand. He would say, "Dang iOS, made me puke my best homemade beer."

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

And it stops working whenever the fuck it wants.

Varine

Reaction score
Just wait until the new one is about out and it patches itself.

Varine

Reaction score
And iPhone 6 is still not out, making the point null.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people are just more susceptible to moving things and get dizzy more quickly.
My girlfriend for example cant even play 3D first person video games or she gets a headache.

Varine

Reaction score
Some people are just more susceptible to moving things and get dizzy more quickly.
My girlfriend for example cant even play 3D first person video games or she gets a headache.

Trick statement; your girlfriend can't play video games at all because she's plastic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.