Sci/Tech Apple iPad is dropped from the edge of space and survives in full working order.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
They have previously dropped an iPad out of a plane as well as launching a bowling ball on one.

But G-Form have now gone one step further in order to prove just how tough their protective iPad cases are.

The firm has dropped an Apple tablet from the edge of space and, incredibly, it survived.

As a YouTube video shows, G-Form attached the iPad and case to a weather balloon which carried it 100,000ft up.

The entire journey was captured on a video attached to the balloon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong, but surely it wouldnt matter how far up you went from a plane - seeing as it will hit terminal velocity anyway?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This is true. It wouldn't matter, but what's cooler sounding? iPad dropped from a plane or iPad dropped from THE EDGE OF SPACE!?

Anyhow... this doesn't make me want an iPad or a G-Form any more than I didn't want it before ;P

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt want me have one at all. For the price of these things i can live another 6 months.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Someone asked me if he should get an ipad or a laptop -_-. Laptoppppppp

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
guys cut that out, we are thehelper members, not 9gag ones.

Well even my dog can survive falling from this far with ballons. The true matter is if it can survive just thrown down to earth.
Nokia 3310 passed that test.....trolololol!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.