Technology Apple may add ultra high-end iPhone model in 2024, even more expensive than current Pro Max

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple is reportedly considering ways to push the price of the high-end iPhone even higher. Rather than simply re-branding Pro Max to Ultra, Apple is discussing adding an “Ultra” high-end model above the Pro Max as soon as 2024, or the iPhone 16 lineup.

That’s according to Mark Gurman in his latest Power On newsletter for Bloomberg. The new model would help increase iPhone average selling price even higher, with Tim Cook hinting on this week’s earnings call that consumers are willing to pay more for the best phone.

Apple has steadily raised the price of its best-specced iPhone model, beginning with the jump to the $999 iPhone X in 2017. Then, it added a Max screen size to the lineup starting in 2018, to bump up the price to $1099 for consumers wanting the biggest display and best battery life iPhone. Add in the 1 TB storage option first introduced with iPhone 13 Pro, and the best iPhone today is priced at $1599.

Consumers have clearly shown that they will splurge, though, with the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models believed to have performed well this cycle, compared to the cheaper iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus. A hypothetical Ultra would start above the $1099 base price of the Max.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If people are willing to pay for it why not? No brainer. Apple stuff is already totally overpriced and if people are willing to pay more than Apple will be happy to oblige.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I will only pay for it, if my company hands out freebie $100 gift cards that expires in 2 years and some points redemption services that I can redeem for a few $400 to $600 gift cards.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use Apple phones simply because of the price and also they do not seem to last as long as other brands. I can get a great phone using Android for a fraction of the price of an IPhone. My daughter swears by her Apple laptop though says it is worth every penny.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Maybe just adding another camera hole and then bump up the price. Whee.

Not a fan of Apple products at all. Really good chip and efficient software handling. But bad at many other things... too many restrictions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.