Applying buffs via the "Channel" ability?

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hi,
I wonder if it's possible to apply buffs via the channel ability, as there are editor fields where you can add buffs but I failed to create channel ability that applies the buff on all units for the given AoE around the unit. :/

For now I'm using thunderclap... that however creates a terrain deformation :s

jomik

Reaction score
Make a channel with no target, use a trigger to get all units in range and make it cast a dummy ability on those :D

avalya

Reaction score
He did not want the terrain deformation, use Channel and make a trigger that fires when you cast it that picks enemy living units within a 300 (or so) AOE around the caster, create a dummy for every enemy, add a buffing ability (Slow, Curse or something like that), set it to the level of the Hero's ability and order it to cast the spell on the picked unit.

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
Eh, Jomik, you didn't understand my question.
There's a certain "channel" ability whose real purpose is to serve as a dummy ability. And now I ask whether it's possibly to apply buffs with THAT (or based of) ABILITY. Nothing else.

jomik

Reaction score
Eh, Jomik, you didn't understand my question.
There's a certain "channel" ability whose real purpose is to serve as a dummy ability. And now I ask whether it's possibly to apply buffs with THAT (or based of) ABILITY. Nothing else.

Yup misunderstood that :p - But kinda answered it implicit :D

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
No, because it didn't answer my question it didn't answer my question. :s
Whatever, I may try out the terrifying growl skill of pit lord, that one doesn't create terrain deformation and should work just as fine.
And yes, I know the other ways, but I asked for the channel ability... : )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.