• Prologue I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prologue II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prologue I do some touch ups

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Prologue II do some touch ups

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • They both Suck, waste of my 5 minutes, thanks.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Chapter Eight: Shaman and Arcane​

“This Oron, will he let us into your army?” Tharon said as he fallowed closely behind. Luna beside him trying her best to keep up. “I mean, I always thought that werewolves were mindless monsters like vampires.” Ulrik stopped as Tharon said those words.

Turning around he looked at Tharon and he began to explain. “Vampires and Werewolves are not mindless monsters! We were once Just like you, some of use were elves, some humans. We were changed into this, though, where werewolves need to undergo lycanthropy willingly. A single blood transfer from a vampire to its victim will transform them. Or they can perform a very dark ritual. I hope never to see one again, that is why I became a werewolf, it give me the power to stop the vampire leader.” He turned back onto his course. “We should go quicker; Oron is expecting you to visit Jarod our Shaman.” Ulrik continued his sprint onwards.

“Wait, how was he expecting us?” Tharon asked as he continued to fallow up behind Ulrik. It seemed rather odd that these two races were at war even though they are quite similar.

“A Shaman! I have heard of them, though, I would never have guessed that a werewolf was capable of achieving such a rank. I guess I am quite uneducated about the true werewolves.” She managed to say that all without gasping for breath in between, Tharon can tell she wanted to but she held it in to seem stronger. Even he wanted a breather but his training includes training you to fight back physical urges.

“Don’t get too excited, a shaman is no good. They use arcane to explore the realm between the natural order and the supernatural. I get sick when people bring them together with the druids.” Again Ulrik stopped though it wasn’t for the reason that they both thought.

“We’re here.” Ulrik said as he looked back at Tharon and Luna who looked puzzled. He used his paw to move a large bush aside to reveal a small encampment down bellow, they were on a cliff. Ulrik Howled as he worked his way down the cliff fallowed by Tharon and Luna. At the bottom were two werewolves. One of them was large and had a necklace made of bone and hides, the other and a wooden staff with feathers on it. “The one with the staff is Jarod, the other is Oron.”

He watched as they came scrambling down the cliff and watched there auras glow around them. He could tell lots from a person’s aura, the elf had a blue aura, showing he was calm and reasonable, but to his surprise the night elf had a orange aura, showing that she was vengeful. He told this information to Oron then he watched the three finally reach the bottom.

“Good job Ulrik, take your place beside me. I would be honoured if you would help us fight the vampires. And eye for an eye, don’t you agree?” He said this looking strait at Luna. Then he was about to continue but Tharon spoke up.

“An eye for an eye? That hardly seems like the right term, I thought we were striking out at the vampires, not striking back. Vengeance is never a wise choice. I was informed that the vampires were doing wrong and you needed help, I had no idea this was just for revenge.” Tharon waited calmly for a reply.

“Vengeance is never the answer eh? Well why not ask your companion, they seem to think differently then you do. You may be a reasonable elf, but she is vengeful. She believes in an eye for an eye.” He looked over the faces of the people, Ulrik seemed normal, Jarod was smiling, while the elves were confused.

“I…” She was speechless trying to find the right words. “Your shaman told you didn’t he?” she let out a sigh she was caught and she better explain herself. “My mother… she died giving birth to me. My father and all the other dark elves raised me in Dusk. But… one day my father and I were wandering the forest. He wandered to close to a human encampment. They gave chase but we lost them, or we thought we did. One of the mages managed to keep up. As we were catching out breath, he took my father down with a bolt of lightning. I remember clearly, I kneeled down beside him. He died and there was nothing I could do. The Mage grinned and said that he would leave me for the wolves and bears. I will never forget his face. He also had a flaming red bird on his robe. I wanted to hunt him down ever since, and I wanted to get rid of arcane too. No man, no elf, was meant to hold such power…” She fought back her tears as she waited to see the events to unfold.

“Your story fills us with sorrow. And although arcane may have been to cause of your fathers death, it was also what saved you lives.” They both looked at him even more confused. “Jarod here, He was there when you escaped your execution. After you ran he took care of the search party by sending them into a place shamans call “The Void” with the help of arcane.” Jarod turned his staff around revealing a carved out portion of it that a vial of arcane sat in. “They would have found you, if not for Jarod here, then I send out Ulrik to get you, I knew you would trust him more.” He could tell that this was confusing them. “I think that is enough for now. You need your rest, Ulrik please show them to there room.’

“At once. Please follow me” he walked off towards the encampment with Luna and Tharon close behind whispering to each other. They still didn’t know if they should trust the werewolves. But as it was getting late they should best relax for now, they were relatively safe. Or at least they hoped they were.

----------------------------

You might want to check out the December challenge at arcane corruption forums.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/ArcaneCorruption/index.php?showtopic=25&st=0&#last

You can write a short story to add to the lore or Arcane Corruption. You might find it interesting and who knows, you might like it. >XD

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
You put "you" instead of "your' at the end of that chapter. I really like it... you have a bit less feeling in it then the chap before.. but its still great. I greatly believe in background, so maybe a bit more for the Werewolves. The part where it says, "Your Tale fills us with Sarrow," or some such.. I dont really like that because its just saying it, not giving the feeling of it, and it sounds a bit cheesy. Maybe change that to a facial expression or look in his eyes or such, or even a seperate action.

Maybe have another werewolve down there... idk why but it feels right.

And theres a part where he says, "or a dark ritual, I hope to never see one again." Expand on that a bit more maybe.

lol All i have to say, but its great.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Thanks fro that and don't worry, that pat is going to be expanded on in the near future, not all things get revealed right away.

Halahan

Reaction score
I guess... cept that mysterious part doesnt seem like a one that makes you want to keep reading its just some extra info.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Its not suppose too. Its suppose to be that later when you read why he said that you go "Oh thats why he said that!" Not, "Hum... why did he say that..." I want to keep it under the radar.

Halahan

Reaction score
Ahh... true. I always seem to want more information...
Almost done with third chapter for "The Elite."

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Can't wait for it.:)

Chapter 9: Reaper

“What? That much just for 2 heads? You must think I’m as dumb as a rock!” His face was building rage and turning red. It wasn’t that expensive but he wanted the cheapest price for the best he could get. He looked over at the elf and could tell he wasn’t buying it. “Fine, ill take your price, but you better not mess this up!” Garth tossed him a sack of gold.

“Well it is always a pleasure doing business with you, even if this is the first time.” His body was completely coved in robes and rags. His face was masked behind a band, allowing only his dark red eyes to bee seen. But he had what no elf would dare touch, a vial of arcane on a chain around his neck.

“Please! It will definitely be the last! If we were not in such need to see these two dead we would never have turned to the likes of an Abandoned!” Garth shouted as Eth’rale walked into the grand hall. He looked over at Garth showing that what he has was important. “You are dismissed, now leave here at once and don’t be seen!”

He got up to leave but Eth’rale spoke up. “Reaper, stay there, it is just as important for you to hear this.” Eth’rale positioned himself beside Reaper. “Our scouts have come back with some positive results. Apparently when exploring Moonlit Lake they found three prints, our elves, and a wolf.” Both Garth and reaper seemed surprised. “It would seem that they are with the Werewolves, and I doubt as welcome guests, but that doesn’t mean we forget about them, we still demand there head on a pike!”

“This news is rather welcome. Unfortunately, we have no idea where the werewolves would be. Ah! Reaper, you have to find the werewolves, and kill the elves, if anyone, or anything, gets in your way destroy it!” Garth got up out of his seat. “Don’t just stand there! Go, find and kill!”

Reaper walked off out the front doors. “Find, and kill, find and kill, I will find and kill you, I promise.” Ranting to himself he walked out the front doors and disappeared into the trees.

“He better be as good as you say he is Eth’rale.” Garth looked over to Eth’rale who was slightly smiling.

“Oh, I think he will do much better then I thought he would…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tharon woke up to the Sun in his eyes. The window was open and Luna was already awake. They have been here for a few days now, and they have done nothing. Well, almost nothing, they did eat and talk. “You sure are up early.”

Luna looked over at Tharon. “Ah you finally awake! Of course I am, I’m trying to get used to a non nocturnal night cycle.” Her voice was energetic and happy but he face was tired and worn. “Oh, I asked Jarod to come by and tell us about Shamanism.”

Tharon jolted awake and jumped up. “What? That arcane corrupt-eh…” Right before he finished Jarod walked into the hut. “Jarod, nice to see you again, Luna tells me you wish to educate us in the art of shamanism.”

“Well, I figure you would not want to hear about that, but I will tell you about “The Void”. It is a place that you should know about.” Jarod walked over to the bed and he sat down on the end and looked over at Tharon and Luna.

“Yes, why is it that I have never heard of the void until now, I have met shamans before but they never told me of any void.” Luna said with genuine interest where as Tharon seemed a little less interested.

“Why that’s because the other races with the keep it secret so that they might one day control its power. Now, where to begin, “The Void” is a plane of existence, some people call it the supernatural, but I don’t believe that to be the case. It is filled with all kinds of monsters and animals, but only one of which is what we would call an intelligent race, like the elves and humans. When sent there chances are that you die. But although we can dump our trash there we cannot go digging to get it back, once it is in the void it won’t be coming out.” Jarod stopped for a second to catch his breath before continuing. “I have seen many things in the void, but two of them really stand out, the first was similar to a human or elf in build, but it had horns, red skin, and hooves for feet. It is called a “Demon”. The second was a creature with the face and body of a wolf, but its front lags were more like a large bird, with talons. It also had Wings like a ravens but huge and strong enough to lift it. And its tail had no hair and was used as a whip. This creature is known as a Chimera.”

Luna- and even Tharon looked quite interested in what he was saying. Just as Luna was going to ask a question in came Ulrik and Oron. “You see, the vampires are trying to break the seal bounding the creatures of the void. They would then be able to rampage through all of out world and slaughter us all.” Ulrik said looking at Jarod.

“Why would they want to do that? Who would come up with such a stupid idea?” Luna said looking at Ulrik for an explanation but instead it was Oron to give it to her.

“I asked Jarod to tell you of the void so you would better under stand what I was going to tell you. The man behind such evil was the first vampire and my best friend, Valthric. He is corrupt and insane. And I am fighting to stop him and save out world.” Oron could see interest on there faces. “Come; allow me to tell you a story…”

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Chapter Ten: Reminisce

…I started to run. After seeing him kill his sister, and his family. The sky turned red and the clouds rained blood. A bolt of red lightning came down. I didn’t see where the bolt striked but you didn’t have to, I could hear Valthric scream. That’s when he gave chase after me. I could hear wings flapping behind me. I turned around to see Valthric, or what used to be Valthric. The shock of it all, I tripped and fell.

He flew on top of me and I can remember asking him why he is doing this. His response… It answered so many questions, he frowned and said, “The voices want me too…”Before he attacked me with his clawed feet one of the acolytes knocked him unconscious with a branch. We both ran away as far as we could. He told me of another ritual that they stumbled upon when learning the blood curse. It was called Lycanthropy. He said that is was called the cure to Blood. When we stopped to catch our breath we could hear two screams, a man and a woman’s. I was not entirely sure but I think that is was the screams of two acolytes Valthric took his anger on when they checked on him. Now I know it was, those two vampires that attacked you, those were them.

Both me and the acolyte went into the library trying to find out about the lycanthropy ritual. I learned much about the boy, I learned that Valthric forced him to do the ritual unlike the others. I learned how he too wanted revenge upon Valthric and stop him. This boy was great help when I was searching for the ritual and after I preformed it. I’m sure you have met him, his name was Ulrik.

Well, both mine and Valthric’s forces grew over the years, we were both immortal, we never aged. And nether did our troops. Well me and the werewolves build up a city on the elven isle. We named our city Lyceroth. We grew more social and help each other just like the humans and elves but we appeared much more beastly. Then the Vampires wanted to have there own town, they didn’t want to build one so they attacked the dark elves home, Dusk. All the werewolves ran to the aid of the dark elves, but they sure didn’t like us, it ended up being a three way war.

In the end the vampires won the city. We both learned an important lesson that day, although time won’t affect us, war does. That is why we won’t go charging in head first. We don’t want to lose more and more too the carnage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tharon and Luna were both shocked and amazed at the story. The never realized that the vampires could be so cruel, never heard of this Valthric, never thought any man could sacrifice him whole family to the voices in his head. After a minute of silence Tharon spoke up. “So, this Valthric, he wants to completely destroy everyone and everything?”

“No, He is just an innocent boy, but his mind has been contorted and corrupt but the voices in his head.” Oron stood up and began to leave but before he walked through the door he said “Now you know why they need to be stopped, and why me and Ulrik need to make up for the sins we committed.” He left fallowed by Ulrik and Jarod, leaving Tharon and Luna to there shock and thoughts.

“Beaten so easily? Next time at least throw a attack, take a life, anything!” He paced back and forth in front of the wounded. His faces showed rage. ‘You were the second of your kind and you couldn’t beat back two elves!” His face grew even redder. “Ill give you one more chance, don’t mess this up!” He flew out the room.

“Dang, Valthric sure is mad at you isn’t he Seth?” Her face showed some pleasure in making him suffer. The room was warn down with holes all over. “You better be thinking of revenge, I know I would want to make them pay.”

“Don’t worry, I am. I will be burning them alive, they’re lucky I didn’t have arcane with me.” His wounds were already starting to heal better from the spell cast on them.

“As much as I would love to see you go out and fight them again I mush advice against it. In a few days we will have what we need to break the barrier and release the darkness of the void upon the world!” She seemed overly happy at the thought. “Then we will be able to take over.” She then flew out of the room leaving Seth alone.

“Yes Krys, but when the world is taken, I will kill you and take back my spot as second.” His face held a large smirk across it and he would have laughed if not for the wounds on his lungs. “It’s only a matter of time before the gate opens…”

Halahan

Reaction score
Awesome, I love how you switch from place and character point of view so fast, but try to identify who and what connection it has to Luna and Tharon more. Got a little confusing :confused: but still, very ownage.;)]

Finshed second chapter on The Elite!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Chapter Eleven: Plans and Fantasy’s
“So they wanted our help to stop the vampires, or to help aid there personal feud. It is crazy. What are we going to do?” Tharon paced back and forth the room. “The Vampires can’t just be ignored. We have to do something; yet, the werewolves can’t fully be trusted. Erg, I’m so confused!” He stopped and put his head in his hands and shook his head violently.

“Calm down, we have a choice; the werewolves are not making us stay here. Couldn’t we leave if we want?” Luna said as she tried to talk some sense into him so he would stop his pacing.

“Well yes, I guess, but things might change if we do leave. As you have heard they are well adapted, they can hide well and track. If we do run, where do we run too? They would just find us.” Tharon walked over to a window and rested his arms on the frame as he looked out. Luna got up and walked beside him.

“We could go back to plan one, we can go to Darkwood. We could take a boat across the water and off to Colossus. There we would be safe and we could think more logically about this whole situation.” She grabbed at his arm eagerly and looked up at him. “If we travel fast we could be at Colossus by tomorrow! We could get into one of there inns, get some food!”

Tharon took her hands off his arm and looked at her. “If we get caught, if the werewolves don’t want us to leave, things might get messy. You have to promise that you will keep going. And if we do get split up, we will meet at Colossus. Don’t come back; don’t try to save me, just run.”

“But..” Tharon gave her a quick glare. “Ok, I…I promise.” She didn’t feel right about just leaving Tharon if the situation aroused but she promised. He had saved her life, and if it came down to it, she couldn’t save his. “When do we leave?”

“Tharon looked down at her and gave a slight smirk. “Why, we leave right now, don’t suppose you have any luggage.” She looked a little surprised at first but then she smiled and waited for him to head off to the door.

“Oi, Barkeep! Get me another ail!” The stout dwarf sat at the bar of the inn drinking more ail then most dwarfs do in a week. His muscles were iron and bigger then his head. His beard was long and orange. He stood at about four feet tall yet he looked like he could lift a ton.

“Don’t ye think you have had enough of the stuff? Ye have been here since we opened!” The barkeep was not really trying to kick out a customer, but well, he didn’t pay, he just kept building up his tab. Money was import in the dwarfs current state, so he would much rather sell to the ones with cash on them.

“I tell ye when I have had enough!” His face turned slightly read with rage and he spilt the rest of his ail. “I tell ye, the mining gig isn’t as great as it used to be. Back in my grandfathers day mining made a dwarf rich! He was in the arcane raid ye know. But now, your lucky to see ay profits, the humans are bulling our supplies and were dying for it!”

“That may be true, but ye are taking the ail from the paying customers.” The barkeep said as he cleaned out the mug the dwarf spilt. “Ah, they can get there own. Now, Something needs to get down, those humans need to be taught a lesson!” he took a big gulp of his mug. “And me names not Devon Thunderclasp if I’m not the one who will do it!”

“O-hohoho! We got our selves a talker here. Listen up buddy, it doesn’t matter who your ancestors were or how tough you are. You’re a dunk, ye come here blabber on about how great ye will become, and then come back the next day a repeat. Ye won’t amount to anything. Hell, ye lucky I don’t kick ye drunk ass out of here!”

“I’m not a hopeless drunk. I just need a good push on me way that’s all.” He was a hopeless drunk and he knew it. But still a dwarf is a stubborn as they are rugged and he is not about to surrender to him.

“I think we have had enough of ye. Its about time ye be getting home. Ye know where the door is right?” The barkeep walked of to see another patron. And Devon stormed out of the inn and back to his home, well until tomorrow anyway.

-------------------------
Dwarfs are smarter just for you!

Halahan

Reaction score
Well... your turning these chapters out fast. There really short though, maybe do less chapt breaks.

But your advancing the story well, not to slow, not to fast.
Oh try not to use modern cuss words, it doesn't seem right. Make up your own ;)
Maybe with the dwarf give him a bit more (i think) foreshadowing or signifigance.
Im lovin it!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Yea i try to keep chapters short. But unlike most stories with 20-25 chapters mine will have more. But think if your reading you usually end at a chapter so i make them short. But what i have planned for further chapters will be much longer.

And as for the swearing, i didn't even know i used it!:p But i still think it fits in well (your talking about ass right?)

Halahan

Reaction score
And hell. Its your call though. It just sometimes gets annoying when every other page is a chapter. (when its bound)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Yea i understand that. If i ever get around to getting it bound ill rewrite, combine chapters and add more details. I don't count that as a swear word becuase I'm not religious.

Halahan

Reaction score
No its just its much more modern, and especially since your book is in another world, it just doesnt fit.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Chapter 12 its longer!

Chapter Twelve: The Journey to Darkwood​

The Leaves Rustled as the two ran through the forest. They were heading for Darkwood Port so they could take a boat to Colossus. They both ran from the werewolves and neither turned back because of the fear of seeing the werewolves chasing them down. But at the same time high above them there were two others watching the elves scurry past.

“We can take a break once we get to moonlit lake. I don’t think that the werewolves know that we left.” Tharon was getting tired but being a druid he could use the earths powers to aid his escape, Luna couldn’t but being a rogue she still had endurance training. “Don’t worry; I think its just up around the next hill.” Surely enough atop the next hill sat the moonlit lake.

Both the elves fell to there knees to catch there breathe and they looked behind them to see no werewolves following them. “Those werewolves were definitely kind enough but I don’t think I can trust them, but I’m worried that its there appearance that’s warding us off.” Luna sat against the trunk of a thick tree as Tharon sat atop a rock. “I just hope we didn’t make a mistake running.” It didn’t look like Tharon was listening to her but she got assured his was when he responded.

“I guess we will find out. You can’t turn back the clock. It is impossible. What I mean to say is that the past is just that, the past. It will affect the future but the future can’t affect the past. So it’s best not to dwell on it.” Tharon was catching his breath slowly and he turned and faced the water. In it was the reflection of two birds high up - no not birds. “Vampires!” Both Tharon and Luna got up quickly. Tharon had his magic but Luna lost her daggers in Territh, and there was no need for the werewolves to give her new ones.

The two vampires descended down towards the elves. “Stay off the ground, the druid can’t hurt you in the air or he would have last time! And watch out for the night elves daggers they are quite painful!” Luna quickly recognized the other one that wasn’t talking as the vampire who saved the one Tharon defeated. And with that she concluded that the other must be the one she saved, but he was fully healed.

Tharon began a chant as he stood up on the rock. Seth flew in to meet him before his spell could get off. Luna on the other hand back up against the tree trunk waiting for the other vampire to charge in at her. Surely enough the vampire did and when she got close Luna rolled out of the way and the vampire just swooped up. While that happened Tharon finished his chant just as the other vampire dug his claws into his chest and dragged him out into the middle of the water.

Luna looked over and saw Tharon getting dragged out into the lake. She still didn’t see what his spell did, maybe it didn’t work? Suddenly a short sword made of earthy materials came out the ground, a blade of stone, handle of wood, and a carved picture of what the earth goddess is often pictured as. She now understood what his chant did. She grabbed the sword just in time. She brought it up in time to block the vampire’s incoming claws. The vampire was surprised by the new sword but she refused to focus on it.

Meanwhile in the central part of moonlit lake Seth tossed Tharon into the lake plunging him great depths. When Tharon finally got his wits back he realized he had to surface. Looking on both sides of him he noticed there was a creature looking back. It was one of the moon eels of the lake, they are supposed to shine like the moon at night but it was also big, about two meters long and although it had no teeth it liked to hit with its head. The eel charged at Tharon but he swam out of its way and grabbed the end of its tail. The creature went berserk and swam up to the surface. The eel broke the surface and shot about four meter high. Tharon let go and he swam back to the shore. When he got there he was met by the vampire who dug both his claws into his shoulders. The pain was immense and then the vampire lifted him up and flew of towards Luna’s fight.

Krys came in again at Luna she brought the sword up again but she only blocked one claw, the other scratched her cheek. She took the sword in both hand and swung it as she turned around in a complete circle. The sword left her hands and slid across the side of the vampire then dug into the trunk of a tree and vanished. The vampire was bleeding and she flew of fallowing the other. Luna was going to look for Tharon but there was no need, she could see him. Luna wanted to run, run back to Dusk and save Tharon, he saved her twice, but, he said she couldn’t and she promised, with tears in her eyes she ran on, along the River and reached Darkwood by night fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The air was full of the salty smell of the ocean and the only people walking the streets were drunken humans. Well, drunk humans and a dark elf. Luna was tired and sad. She had to save Tharon but if he was at Dusk there wasn’t much she could do. She was headed for Colossus and to the dwarfs. She could ask them for help. The dwarfs may appear quite tough and self centered but inside there kind and caring race. They have always gotten along well with the elves, both dark elves and normal elves.

After walking she came to the docks of the town. There was only one ship docked. She walked up to the ships captain. He was a dwarf, a large black beard, bald head and muscles of steal. “Excuse me, but is this Ship headed for Colossus?” The dwarf looked around surprised.

“Aye, it was heading for Stormvale but the high seas knocked our cargo overboard.” The dwarf looked at her. ‘Ye are thinking about going over there aren’t ye? Well we would be happy to take ye along with us, but don’t expect anything special and once we dock me and my crew got some loading to do so no one can show ye around.”

“That’s all fine. I just need to know when we leave.” Luna looked over at the ship. It wasn’t build to strongly but she hoped that it would be able to carry her over the ocean safely.

“We were leaving as you came! Hurry on we got to go! If we leave soon we can arrive at dawns break.” The dwarf almost pushed her onto the ship then he pulled the anchor up his just his arms. It was an impossible task for anyone, who was not a dwarf. The Dwarf took hold of the wheel as the other dwarfs started to take hold of the ores. It seemed as if they didn’t notice her or just didn’t wonder why she had to get to Colossus.

Luna looked over the edge as they sailed off. The ship was moving quite steadily. The first ship was made only twenty years ago but there slowly getting bigger some day the world will feel much smaller, but that doesn’t matter, it will still be full of evil and darkness. At the dock she boarded on was a mysterious elf by the look of his height. His whole body was covered in robes and other articles of clothing. She could hear a voice in the distance she could barely make it out but she was sure of what she heard and that scared her. The vampires got one, the other runs, but there is no escape from your Reaping.

Halahan

Reaction score
Very good, except add more feeling from Tharon, sweaty hands, desperately, excruciating, you know, that kind of thing. Describe everything a bit more. (Environment mainly, though town and boat too and such)

Great!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen: Torture

He opened his eyes to be welcomed by a darkness he thought was non existent. A steady dripping noise could be heard in the background. His feet were strapped down and his arms were chained to the roof. He tried to pull free causing the chains to rattle. Another sound could now be heard, the soft steady beet of wings flapping. It got closer until it was right in front of him. What ever it was it stunk horribly and then it spoke up to him. “Are you having fun? Oh that’s right you elves can’t see in the darkness. Krys turn the lights on.”

Some more wings flapped and then when it stopped his surroundings became clear. He was in a torture chamber. There were dead corpses both old and new around him; he now knew it wasn’t the vampire in front of him that stunk. “Well, if you co-operate we won’t have to kill you. That’s Krys.” He signalled at the other vampire. “And me, I’m Seth. You best remember that, you beet me the first time, but I got my revenge, and trust me, you don’t want that revenge to continue.”

He could tell he was in danger and he wanted to get out of this jail and find Luna. The vampire looked at him and he just gave a long star back at him then he noticed that the other vampire, Krys, had a slash wound across the side of her chest. “Oh you’re not going to talk to us eh? That’s not a good choice. Lets start with your name shall we?”

He looked right up to the vampire and said “…It’s Tharon.” His whole body was cold and in pain. It seemed like he was in major trouble. He also knew that he couldn’t trust the vampires and he shouldn’t give them any answers to there questions but his name seemed harmless enough. He just had to be careful with his answers, they can’t know about where Luna is off too.

“Good, we are making some progress. Next question, if you answer this we might be able to get you some food and water. After all we can’t have our pet starving now can we?” Tharon was glad to hear of some food or water, he was starving, it doesn’t matter if its bad or good, but he couldn’t answer the questions, but was hill will strong enough to resist the temptation, he wasn’t sure. “Tell us, where did your little night elven friend run off to?”

Tharon lifted his head up and gave Seth a stare to tell him he won’t tell him no matter what. Seth grew angry and he was about to hit Tharon but suddenly another vampire came into the room. He flew over and pushed Seth out of the way and went in front of Tharon. “If you know what’s best for you, tell us, otherwise, I won’t stop Seth.”

Tharon looked this new vampire strait into the eyes and said “I’ll never tell you monsters” This new vampire grew angry and he flew up into the air and left the room. Seth came back in front of him and he scratched the floor eagerly with his claws. Krys flew out after the other vampire.

“You know, you should have told us, it looks like my revenge isn’t quenched yet. It’s one thing to have my rage, but you shouldn’t have given yourself Valthric’s rage too, unless you didn’t want to sign your death off, but for now, he wants you alive.” When Tharon realised who that was he became shocked, it was the one Oron talked of. But he didn’t have enough time to continue his train of thought. The claws came down and the blood, the blood came out.

“We are here at Colossus. Now I think its time we say good bye! We got to load up our ship and take off again, and ye got something to do. What ever it is it is none of our business.” The dwarf seemed so eager to get her to leave. But I guess he would be vary tense and doesn’t need an elf around to ruin things. The humans control the dwarfs, well not the humans, but there reigning king; Adreon II. He used the dwarfs weakness to bully them around to get what they need. Now the elves and night elves have to go to Colossus to trade with them.

Right now she was at Colossus port and she had to make her way up to the capital. It was just a few hours away. She just needed to ask them for some help. The dwarfs are mighty warriors, if there properly trained they can become near invincible in melee combat. They also have a natural resistance to magic, but it still affects them, which is why it took a few days for the arcane catastrophe to fully affect them. She kept thinking back to the elf she saw when leaving Darkwood. Who was he? Is he following her? Is he going to come here? She could only go to Colossus and see what the future holds.

“Oron, both elves are running do we go after them?” The werewolf watched as the elves ran into the trees.

“No, let them go, they don’t want to fight, we can’t force them.”

Halahan

Reaction score
Gerrrreat! Describe environment and surroudnings more though. ;)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I took the winter break off. Here is chapter 14, 2 new characters introduced!

Chapter Fourteen: Liege and Lord
The young man stalked through the halls of the grand castle in a great city of Halthitel, commonly known as the holy city. Halthitel was the capital city of the great human empire. It held the castle and thus it also housed king Adreon II, who was the current ruler of the humans. Many humans lived in this great city; they trained to be powerful mages and warriors. But this was also known as the holy city for a reason, it was also the capital of priest and paladin training. Humans from all over came here to train in these holy arts, though, most don’t stay, usually they go back to there home village and defend and help the people they grew up with. But this was not the case for the man making his way down the hallway; he was one of the few who stayed.

He was completely covered from head to toe in plate mail. Except for his head which was left unprotected, that showed a sign of importance. His shield was silver with a red cross on it, and within the middle of the cross was the crest of the human empire. At his side was his broad sword. It had a hilt with a white diamond in it, and leather wrapped around the rest. The blade was about 2 feet long and 3 inches wide. His boots made a echoing sound as they hit the marble floor of the deserted hall way. Another pair of tapping could be heard coming from behind him. He turned and saw as a messenger came around the corner. The messenger stopped when he saw him and said a clearly rehearsed message. “Sir Xander, our liege, king Adreon II has requested your presence in the great chamber the second you were to receive this message. Please follow me.”

Xander walked back to the messenger and then past him. He turned just long enough to reply. “I have been there many times, I know the way, make yourself busy and do what else the king demands of you, I will be fine on my own.” With those last words he walked out of the hall and back towards the court yard so he could quickly get to the great chamber which was in the wing opposite the churches.

Xander walked up to the double doors and he prepared to enter, he looked at the carvings on the doors which all resembled wealth and power, while, the doors to the cathedral resembled kindness and the lord. He gripped the handles of the doors firmly and he pushed them open as he marched to the front of the throne on the other side, holding his head high and his back strait. When he arrived at the throne the two disciples to the king signalled for him to kneel and introduce his self. He did not kneel but stood as he introduced himself. “Xander, captain of the royal guard in charge of the security of your liege’s health, reporting as requested.”

The king gave a slight frown at Xander because he didn’t kneel. He was a well built man with golden armour and a diamond sword. Although it was mainly for show, it was useable in battle if required. He had a beard though it wasn’t long enough to interfere, but long enough to resemble his authority. One of his disciples noticed the kings frown and took it upon himself to remedy it. “You shall kneel when addressing our king!”

The king smiled from this being that the king was cruel; the king also knew who he shouldn’t make enemies with the captain of the royal guard. Adreon II was known as Adreon the cruel, but only in the underground, if it was used within ear shot of him the person would end up hanged. Xander knew that the king feared him because he could kill him easily. “I kneel to know man, no mortal; I will only kneel to my lord.”

The king gave a frown, but it seemed that he had heard this same scene played out many time before and each time it seemed to just get at him less. The king spoke up loud enough that people on the other side of the thick wood doors could hear. “That is enough if that! Now to the reason I called you here. Xander, as captain of my guard I need you to go to Stormvale, we have discovered reason to believe that there is a small rebel group who plans to attack Halthitel and put an end to my reign of-“ The king paused for a second to find the right words to say next. “-as king. You are to go there and hunt out this rebellion and discover its leaders. A carriage awaits out side the main doors and you are not to return until you discover something.”

Xander was a bit annoyed by the king’s paranoia in this whole thing. It seemed to him that this rebellion group plot was just made by the king to get him out of the castle while something happens which his strong faith would be against. He was torn between his lord and his liege. He tried to hide his frustration and anger under a blank mask of emotion. “Vary well, the lord will grant me the strength to not only discover the perpetrators but also the arrest them for proper judgement.”

Again the king had the frown on him face. He hated the fact that the best swordsmen in the land took the path of a paladin instead of a warrior. He withheld his true power to follow his faith blindly. “Just go now before I assign this to someone else!” The king was losing his temper which was rather common. And his threat was useless because there was no one else he could give such a task too.

Xander turned and walked away with a smile on his face for his victory. This was the only victory he could have against his liege, he lord would condemn him for violence, and if he did anything worse his head would be on a pike by midday. “I will report to you in a few days, and I will have the culprits, the lord will guide me.” He walked out of the room leaving the king furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.