Arcane Corruption-Character Backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Arcane Corruption - One doom destined child​

Two young boys about eight years old lived there lives well, or so they thought, so most people though.. On some days they would pretend to be powerful warriors who save the earth. Other days they just run around to escape from there daily lives. They were well known in the village for there imagination and there joy. It seemed like each day lasted an eternity while there were around.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end. Some are more horrific then others...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hurry! You have to see this!” The young boy stood atop a old guard tower out side of his small village. “Valthric, hurry!” He was extremely eager, but then again. Most young boys were. He was full of life, and joy.

“I’m coming as fast as I can!’ He was climbing the stairs on his way to the top of the guard tower, to where his friend was waiting for him. When he reached the top of the tower he looked over the edge. “Wow! Oron, you were right! I can see my house from here! I can see yours, and the farmers!” He walked closer to the edge to get an even better view.

“Valthric, don’t get so close to the edge, you might fall!” Oron was warning his friend as he was backing down the stairs to leave. “Common, we have to go! It’s nearly supper time!” He continued to work his way down.

Valthric turned to him “down worry, those type of things never actually happen!” you can run home but I want to see some more of this!” Oron disappeared over the edge and down into the tower. He walked close to the edge. “I wonder if I can see the church from here!” He took another steep- but it was onto the air. He fell, he fell fast.

People fall all the time, they try to get back up, but they usually need help. The greatest heroes have always had someone to pick them up when they fell, but what happens when a hero is left to gather alone?

“I can’t believe this! How could you do something like this!” The woman was red in her face as she screamed at the boy. ‘Your friend! And you just left him there! He could have died! It was a miracle he survived!” She looked at the boy. “What do you have to say about this?”

Oron was in tears unable to speak. His eyes and nose were dyed crimson from his constant crying. “I-I-I didn’t… I was scared… I ran…” He was unable to make complete sentences and barely able to make sense.

“Please! You're already eight! A few more years and you will be a man! Stop crying like some baby! We don’t even know if he will recover. The fall was horrible!” Oron’s mother was getting a soar throat and tired of the yelling. “Just leave and hope that you will be forgiven for this heinous crime!”

Oron left his house crying. He walked through the town and to the tower that Valthric fell from. There was a huge blood stain on the earth where he hit the ground. He grew sadder at the thought that he could have avoided this by not showing him the tower. It would have all ended there. And things could go back to normal.

In the town there was people running around in a hurry and screaming for joy. Oron ran back into town, he stopped crying but his race was still red. He asked what was happening and the person said the Valthric was waking up. Unable to hold back his joy he ran to Valthric’s house just in time to see him rise.

Everything started to become clear and pain was racking his body. But he didn’t care. He came through and he saw Oron, his friend! “Oron… what happened…” He tried to get up but his body was in to much pain to allow that.

Just as Oron was going to speak he was interrupted by Valthric’s Mother. “Don’t you dare! You stay away from my son! It’s your fault he is in here! Leave now!” She grabbed him by the back of his collar and tossed him out of the house.

Valthric looked shocked at what just happened then he heard something… “See that? She wants you to leave you friend! She doesn’t appreciate you. She is evil!” Valthric shook his head. “It, it can be his fault! He is my friend he wouldn’t do this!”

“Your mother is right.” His dad said as he held there baby and there younger son was hiding behind him being shy. “He left you when you fell, he could have saved you.” He didn’t like doing this but he couldn’t have his son in danger.

“There wrong! There evil… you whole family is against you…” There it was that same voice again! What could it be? No one else seemed to hear it. “Please just let me rest…”

“Oh of course! Common, we should leave him alone now.” The family left Valthric to him self and he thought about the events. He remembers being on the tower, next thing he knew he was on the ground and he could hear Oron cry as he ran away. Maybe it was his fault. “No, it is you family, they caused this! They fill your head with false thoughts and corrupt your mind! You must not fall into there darkness!” He knew the voice shouldn’t be trusted but it was strangely manipulating, like he felt he had to believe it.

Oron crept through the door into Valthric’s room. “I’m sorry, I should have helped you. I could have, but I didn’t…” He was about to cry again, he didn’t even know if Valthric was paying him any attention.

“Oron, you’re my friend, I believe you. You didn’t have a choice.” He new he shouldn’t believe these words. But the voice kept saying they were true. Why though? Why did the voice come to him? Was who ever behind the voice the person who saved his life?

“So, are we still friends” Oron kept his eyes down to the ground at the entrance for the room. He didn’t think Valthric would forgive him and he surly didn’t think they would still be friends.

“Yes, we are still friends.” Valthric could sense the being behind the voice listening in, making sure Valthric didn’t betray him.

“Why did you save that pathetic human? He is a mere child. No help to his family, nor to us!”

“You don’t understand, he could be the chosen one. If we give him the blood curse, if he resurrects the ancient art of Vampirism, he could help us escape from here!” He laughed at his genius.

“What of the four sacrifices?”

“There is no need to worry about that, I already picked out the four who will be sacrificed…”

“And his friend? He could prove a problem if he discovers any of this!”

“That’s why we keep Valthric in the Dark until after the ritual, then we can let him kill his friend.”

“Why not kill him now and get it out of the way!”

“Because, all rituals need a speaker…”

What happens when no one is there pick us up when we fall? Someone always will pick you up, if it is not a friend of a loved one, I might become something bad, and you will slowly fall into the darkness…

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Interesting... and good. Although who the heck is Oron or Valthric? I dont remember them in the story.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
@Silver hawk

Thanks!

@Halahan

Valthic was the guy who did the darkest ritual(chapter 1) and Oron was the speaker. He was also mentioned in chapter 7.(very briefly)

Halahan

Reaction score
ioooohh alright... thx for clearing that up... it can get confusing when you switch from teh story and stuff and its not fresh in your mind. thx for our comments on my story, though I havn't made the changes they helped alot.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Arcane Corruption - Arcane Corruption

Corruption is a terrible thing, it causes one to lose there mind to all but what ever it is corrupting them. Whether that corruption is good, like a family, or evil, like gold, it is still very real and influences that person’s train of thought. Once you become corrupted it can be reversed, unless the corruption was horrible, such as arcane corruption…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young elf woke up to a haunting sound. He has been hearing it a lot lately, well since he has been going on a different walking path. He thought it was just his imagination playing tricks on him, as it often did now. He must be going crazy, or maybe it has to do with that arcane discovered by the dwarfs, it has been popping up through the world. The sun was raising and he doubted he could get back to sleep. He took his clothes, got dressed and left his burrow.

“Zenn!” A call came from behind him. He turned around to see the face of one of the young druids he often talked to. The one running up to him was young, one of the youngest in the order actually. He was also great in his art.

“Ah, Garth! What’s happening, something I can help you with?” Zenn said as he waited for the young druid to reach him. The druids’ father was the current Arc Druid and Garth wanted to take his place one day but Zenn didn’t think he would make a good leader. Although the Arc Druid isn’t suppose to be controlling the elves, even since arcane was found more and more are following the Arc Druids words, if things continue the Arc Druid will be ranked higher then the high court.

“Oh I was just wondering if you knew about what’s happening!” Zenn gave a nod to signal that he didn’t know. “Really? Well all the elves that are using arcane are being kicked out of Territh.” Zenn seemed surprised by this and signalled for Garth to continue. “Well, my father talked to the court about it of course, and he convinced them that it was the right course of action. Soon the Elves will be pure of the threat of arcane!” Zenn seemed more disturbed from them then Garth thought. “Are you ok Zenn?”

“Oh, Yea I’m good, Its just that, don’t you think it’s a little bit extreme to exile the arcane elves? Sure, they don’t believe in the earth goddess or druidism, but there still elves.” Zenn started to walk away back onto his daily trail.

“They still use a deadly substance which is poisoning the earth and killing our people!” Zenn was already entering the forest and onto his trek. “We might not see eye to eye on this now, but trust me, you will when the time comes!” It was too late; he was already hidden in the thick canopy. But not even Garth knew the truth behind his words.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both the body and the mind get effected by arcane. It is believed that arcane crystals emit waves which poison the nervous system and the brain. Usually it is enough to kill a person but if they are exposed to small amounts of arcane then how effected do they get? If it just as bad? Does it corrupt fully?

“It’s been about a week and we still haven’t heard from Zenn! What do you think happened to him? Shouldn’t we go looking for him?” The young elf said talking to his young druid friend. They were both arguing over what happened to there friend. They haven’t seen or heard from him in a week.

“I-I don’t know. I told him about what my father did with the arcane elves and he kind of just continues on his daily walk. He just never came back. I assumed he got upset about the arcane elves but I just don’t know now, he should be back.” Garth had a sense of worry in his voice and face. Garth looked back over to Eth’rale. “Do we go look for him?”

“Uh, well, I guess so, we should check his walking path first. Then if we don’t see him we should get some help.” Eth’rale said as he looked down into the canopy that swallowed there friend and never spit him back out. He had no idea what happened to Zenn be he planned to find out.

“Garth! Garth! Come quick I found him!” Eth’rale was kneeling besides an unconscious Zenn along the side of the path. “He seems to be breathing but its rather poorly.”

Garth rushed over besides them and he tried to use his Druidistic powers to heal him. “It’s no use my powers are just too weak!” He started to think then he grabbed Zenn’s lags and lifted them up. “Quick grab his arms! My dad might be able to help!” Eth’rale did just that, and together they rushed back to the village to be met by a small elven child.

Garth and Eth’rale told the kid to run and tell Garths Father to prepare for an emergency. And in a matter of minutes Zenn was on a table and the Arc druid and high Druids tried to heal him. “Its no use, our powers are being warded off some how. What did this to him?”

“We have no idea we just fond him like this!” Both Garth and Eth’rale were close to crying but they held it in well. Suddenly one of the high druids came out of his meditative state and walked over too the two young elves.

He put a hand on each of there shoulders. “I’m so sorry, but, he just passed away. We tried all we could, but, he didn’t make it. A barrier blocked all our attempts.” The boys couldn’t hold it in any longer they burst into tears for there now dead friend. All the druids left leaving the young elves to there friend.

The Arc Druid, the High Druids and both Garth and Eth’rale along with most of the other younger druids attended Zenn’s funeral. They all stood still and watched as there friend was buried under six feet of earth. After he was buried the Druids all made a prayer for his soul to betaken back to the earth goddess’s domain. Usually the earth would shake and a green light comes from the grave unless the elf was no friend of the earth goddess…

No light came, no quake came. That’s when they realized that although Zenn was devoted to the earth goddess he was never in her favour, it caused much grief and the elves all departed leaving Zenn in his grave for an eternal rest.

But, about eight hours after the elves left, a elven body emerged from the earth. His heart had stopped beating, his brain was barely functional, and he couldn’t feel any pain or contact. His mind was set on one thing and one thing alone, arcane. He was once known as Zenn, but no, not any more. He would hide his body from the world and claim the name of the one he escaped. From now on he was, the Reaper…

Small amounts of arcane is not as lethal or as corrupting, you will remember your past but will become unable to feel emotions or remorse. You become focused on arcane and usually is accompanied by the belief you are invincible, leading to killing. It is a fate worse than Death itself, a fate only the truly greedy choose…

Halahan

Reaction score
Great... except this is character backgrounds... this seems like its advancing the plot... although I can see if its in the past and thats how Reaper was made, who is in I think chap 7. Maybe actually put this IN the story... it could work very well.

Great though.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
i don't see how it advances the plot. it tell of what happened to him. Oh and Garth and Eth'rale don't know that Reaper is Zenn. It tell of Zenn's life before he was Reaper and what happened to him. It doesn't really advance the story anymore than Oron and Valthric's.

Halahan

Reaction score
Well yes, true, but still include it in the story I think because it fits well in it, despite not advancing the plot and tells a very interesting piece of history.

(Look for A second version [rather soon] of, "The Elite," Posted in the same thread [attachment]and give me your opinion on which one is better, how to improve.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.