Reaction score
Untitled-1-1.jpg

Download Official (1.2e)

Bugs Known as of (1.2e)
  • Denies count toward kills in Team Deathmatch

Currently Working On for (1.3)
  • New Items
  • Remake of bow system
  • POSSIBLY: Recode of FM mode, Holy Arrow/Explode/Split will not be refreshed for lag reasons.

Background Info
Archer Wars is a 12 player map where players choose 1 hero out of 7. The most basic archer is unlocked in the beginning and the other 6 are locked. As you play the game and kill other players, your kill count racks up and you will be able to unlock new characters. Warning though, these unlock numbers are somewhat high which is why there is a save code, (just for unlocks, no loading items or levels) The other 6 chars are not exactly better, but their harder to play which is why I want others to be familiar with the game before trying the harder characters.

Main Game Modes
-FFA (Free For All)
-6team (All Players Divided Into 6 Teams)
-5team (All Players Divided Into 5 Teams)
-4team (All Players Divided Into 4 Teams)
-3team (All Players Divided Into 3 Teams)
-2team (All Players Divided Into 2 Teams)

Additional Modes/Options
Shuffle Players - Players are divided into teams randomly (Using this mode in FFA will change player colors)
Deathmatch - First Player or Team to a certain kill limit
Fun Mode - No cooldowns and No mana cost*
Disable Target Lock - Recommended for more experienced players, aiming is key.
*Abilities refresh only after using a different skill

Hero List + Skill List

Red = Hero, Green = Generic Skills, Purple = Semi-Class Based Skills, Blue = Class Based Skills

Assault - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Spread Shot, Holy Arrow, Meld, Assault Mastery
Demollitionist - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Explode, Holy Arrow, Meld, Shrapnel
Sniper - Snipe, Snipe, Falcon[Replace,Homing Beacon,Follow], Holy Arrow, Meld, Precision
Gravity - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Gravitational Field, Holy Arrow, Meld, Gravity Enhance
Revolver - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Revolve, Holy Arrow, Meld, Unleash
Time - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Save Time Plane/Construct Time Plane, Holy Arrow, Meld, Time Distort
Illusionist - Shoot Arrow, Shoot Arrow, Image, Holy Arrow, Meld, Replicate

Gameplay
Its a "Aim a line missile" game. Aim your shot, predict enemy movement, click and hope to hit. Killing enemy archers gives you gold to buy items and allows you to attack their Ancient of War (Base). It can take awhile to kill though since once the enemy revives, it is invulnerable again. Ancient of Wars can heal by eating trees but its regen rate is no where near the rate of 5 seconds of arrow slaughter. If the Ancient of War dies, the player loses.

Strategy
The strategy is to kill the enemy and harass their tree until it dies, finishing it off with some ultimate. If your hero dies, the strategy is keeping your Ancient alive. This includes hiding it behind trees, effectively dodging the arrows (Even though the Ancient is slow, you can still dodge arrows if they are somewhat far away), and eating trees whenever possible. However, eating trees takes mana and the mana regen rate of the Ancient far from fast. Careful of eating trees too fast because it will waste precious mana. Another strategy is trying to keep your killing sprees, the higher your spree is, the more gold you get, but be careful, if you die, your bounty is equal to the gold you gained from sprees meaning the player who killed you got the same amount of gold during your whole spree.

Get used to the speed of your arrows, after getting used to it, you should be able to hit moving enemy units.

Vision is a big part of this game, use trees and hills as an advantage. If the enemy can not see you, its much harder to predict.

NEVER STOP MOVING. This is a big one, to stop moving is asking for death. The best is to move in unpredictable, somewhat random away from incoming arrows and shoot a few aimed arrows but never stop for more than a second.

Items
Items are key to winning this game. More Health, more damage, more everything.

Videos
Video Previews and Gameplay Videos go here. (More to come)

PREVIEW:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Assault Gameplay:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soXlWTxOL4A

Illusionist Gameplay:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BBA0Y5HrTBw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BBA0Y5HrTBw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBA0Y5HrTBw

Time Gameplay:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQ2ELBeJE5g&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQ2ELBeJE5g&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ2ELBeJE5g

NEW HERO: REVOLVER
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbK3cLHisy0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbK3cLHisy0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbK3cLHisy0&feature=channel_page

Testing Team
Anyone can test, host on bnet, play with friends, if there are bugs, please report here with screenshot or replay.

Completion
Triggers: 100%
Terrain1: 100% (Completed by Rei, 1.0e Terrain)
Terrain2: 100% (Completed by Devrak)
Terrain3: 100% (Completed by Rei, PENDING)
All 3 Terrains should be available to play some point in the future.

Release/Version Status
Old Releases
Released 12/10 - Canceled
Released 12/14 - Public Beta
Released 12/26 - Public Beta 1.5
Released 12/28 - Public Beta 2
Released 1/01 - Public Beta 2.7
Released 1/07 - Public Beta 3.5
Released 1/10 - Official 1.0b
Released 1/11 - Official 1.0c
Released 1/25 - Official 1.0d
Released 1/27 - Official 1.0e
Released 6/14 - Beta3 1.1
Released 6/15 - Beta5 1.1
Released 6/16 - Beta8 1.1
Released 6/20 - Beta9 1.1
Released 6/22 - Beta10 1.1
Released 6/28 - Beta11 1.1
Released 7/12 - Beta12 1.1
Released 7/18 - Beta14 1.1
Released 8/10 - 1.1d Compatible with 1.24 and earlier (27 Views)
Released 8/16 - 1.1e (48 Views)
Released 9/6 - 1.2b (7 Views)
Released 9/7 - 1.2c (81 Views)
Released 9/30 - 1.2d (18 Views)
Current
Released 10/20 - 1.2e

Comments and Suggestions?
So post comments, suggestions, anything.

Old Changelogs -
1.0 -> 1.1d Change Log
[Hero Related]
-New Hero: Revolver
-Replaced Time Warp with Save Time Plane/Construct Time Plane
-Added a neat sfx to Time Distort
-Rebalanced Sniper (because of the small map size), faster initial arrow speed, faster acceleration, and better homing.
-Rebalanced Illusionist Image % (Raised Level 1, Lowered Level 4)
-Fixed a math bug that made lvl 4 assault mastery meld 6 seconds cooldown instead of 10
-Holy arrow rework (Arrow and Shockwave can no longer be split up)
-Removed effects from sniper arrows
-Cleaned up sniper skill descriptions
-Swapped Revolver and Time unlock positions (Revolver now 1000, Time now 1500)
[Item Related]
-Lowered Sentry Ward duration. 600 -> 300
-Lowered Boots of Speed and Uber Boots movement speed slightly (Boots by 10, Uber Boots by 30)
-Lowered life steal percentage
-Added burning effect to units hit by Firebow
-Double Shot now activates every 10 shots
-Double Shot now also affects Gravity Field and Time Distort (it will not tell you if it worked but the effects are there, 2x the pull/2x the slow)
-Mana steal now does not steal more mana than the enemy has
-Gem renamed to Clear Sight, Added an sfx to show heroes who carry Clear Sight
-The items sold by alcolyte a.k.a secret shop are now placed in the AoW along with the first set of items, AoW has a "View more items" skill
-Mana regen items now give a constant amount rather than % increase. constant amount per second is 0.25 sobi and 0.5 mana stone.
[Game Related]
-Changed the mode selection for additional modes to be toggled
-Added proper DISBTN icons for bows and double shot/mana steal (finally stopped being lazy about it)
-Added a new stat eyecandy that replaces strength, agility, and intelligence to show Health, Speed, and Mana
-Added -tt command
-Added -delay command
-Added -zoom overhead command
-Added -sp gamemode (Shuffle Players)
-Changed how gamemodes work. -2team now means Players divided into 2 teams. (12 players would be 6v6). -6team would be players divided into 6 teams. (12 players would be 2v2v2v2v2v2) essentially, its backwards from the original. mainly because it makes more sense and the system now auto arranges teams into the most fair combos. you will never get a team combo where one team has more than 1 player extra.
[Gameplay Related]
-Items no longer drop from heroes when their AoW dies
-Items of a player who died/left are now sold and gold is evenly distributed to team members
[Bug Related]
-Fixed bug with AoW pathing (a.k.a invisible wall bug)
-Fixed refreshing multiboards to reflect bonus kills
-Fixed bug where Clear Sight does not show as an item on the multiboard
-Fixed pathing bug created by pathing map of AoW
-Added an Anti Ally attack trigger, (not necessarily needed since the only units who can A-Attack are the AoW and they do 50 dmg. but w.e its there.)
-Fixed Sniper bird dying repeatedly if hit by a fire bow <- lmfao.
-Fixed Pendant of mana not giving any bonuses
1.1e -> 1.2 Change Log
  • Added the 1.0-1.0e terrain as a secondary terrain choice.
  • Time Distort Effects are less bright
  • Upgraded shop system, completing recipies with full inventory (only when buying), buy from anywhere on the map.
  • Added a better way to deny your archer, (run close to an allied or your AoW and right click it with your archer)
1.2 -> 1.2b
  • Fixed a debug text popping up
  • Fixed arrows captured by Time archer not removing on death
1.2b -> 1.2c
  • Fixed Sniper's Homing Beacon
1.2c -> 1.2d Change Log
  • Removed the constant delay calculation that caused many selection related errors. It is now calculated ONLY at map start up.
  • Edited the "Select Hero" skill on the Falcon so that it does not interrupt orders. (Example, you can order bird to right-click follow a unit and then use "Select Hero" without the bird canceling its follow order)
  • Edited the melding on the bird ( will no longer overlap).
  • Homing Beacon and Disable Homing Beacon no longer reveals the bird for .75s. (However, using this skill will NOT exploit the meld when revealed from a enemy melding while bird is using "Follow" skill.)
  • Added "Starting Gold" mode, "-sg"
  • Fixed texts to show in Replays
  • Updated Game Modes in Quest Tab.

1.2d -> 1.2e Change Log
  • Fixed some tooltips
  • Changed a lot of interface/UI (For Fun)
  • Added Round Mode
  • Added Aura arts to easily distinguish archers
  • Made player colors change with team color
  • Players now show up as their team color on the Multiboard

Download Official (1.2e)

I STILL FAIL x4

Post any bugs found, if possible with replay/screenshot

UNPROTECTED
[1.2d]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4R26F30
[1.2e] http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YWCY8JGC

Attachments

• Archer Wars Legacy 1.2e.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,633
Last edited:

jube1412

Reaction score
Yeah...good map...:)

But when I use the "Shoot" skills, the archer tried to cast them both...may be u should change the skills' order strings?

Also, the elemental bows' icons look ugly (no disabled icon)...

Anyway, hope u can finish your map soon, looking foward for it ;)

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Holy arrow seems like a slight overkill with all those fire effects. Btw, how do you get "holy" from that ability?...Looks like a nice map so far. I like how you can combine abilities.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Holy sounds cool. :) That's why he used it... even know it doesn't relate to holiness unless you go like "the arrow is imbued with holy and divine magic!" :D

Looks pretty cool, but does it lag? All those effects with full house playing? :)

Also, what program did you use to record that video?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Finally posted this Cleeezzz? Been waiting for about 2 months for you to...

If he didn't change it, it's called Holy Arrow because it heals the caster to full health when used I think.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
But when I use the "Shoot" skills, the archer tried to cast them both...may be u should change the skills' order strings?

its supposed to be like that, but it shoots the 1st shoot arrow first, imagine trying to spam two arrows with 2 different hotkeys, ive tried it and it just sucks

Also, the elemental bows' icons look ugly (no disabled icon)...
sorry, im lazy. i guess i can do that soon

Holy arrow seems like a slight overkill with all those fire effects.
hahah a bit over kill.

Btw, how do you get "holy" from that ability?
answered by Renedaru
it's called Holy Arrow because it heals the caster to full health when used I think.

Looks pretty cool, but does it lag? All those effects with full house playing
well, im working on the flame strikes, the only reason it lags is cuz of the fire model, im trying to make a custom flame strike right now to reduce the number of fire models AND look good at the same time. But to answer your question. 1 holy is not a big deal, (at least for me) 60 fps to low 50?. now if your talking about Holy Arrow + Image, thats about...30ish flamestrikes? that brings my fps from 60 to 20. I am working on this to reduce the drop in fps

Also, what program did you use to record that video?
fraps

Finally posted this Cleeezzz? Been waiting for about 2 months for you to...
i wanted to fix some stuff first. haha
btw, wheres my fade filter/loading screen xd

thanks for the input everyone

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You are very welcome. ;)

Ok, that explains it... a little. Does the Holy Arrow spell have a low cooldown? Or can you just keep spamming heals-on-yourself+damage-to-enemies? :D

Well, I'll try it out when I can.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
it is high cooldown.
that would be pretty cheap, not only does it heal you but it does almost double the damage as regular shoot arrow.

100/110/120/130

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Woah, that is too long I think. I'm not exactly sure about this map since I haven't tried it yet, but these types of self-action maps are usually fast-paced. I don't mean rigged 1-10s cooldowns, but 100-130s is very high. It should at least lower each level. I suggest making the cooldown like:

Level 1: 90 Seconds
Level 2: 87 Seconds
Level 3: 84 Seconds
Level 4: 81 Seconds

After I test it out I can give better suggestions. :D

Also, I sent you a PM...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i will take it into consideration. sorry i cant help about the PM

EDIT: Changed Model of flamestrike, allowed me to use less models meaning less lag, 1 holy by itself dropped my fps by 1. Even through continual spamming of holy arrow at a rate of every second, fps did not drop any lower than 20 which is a significant improvement.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I finally got Photoshop, so I can work on that loading screen/fade filter.

Renendaru

Reaction score
You're still waiting on your terrainer anyway. >.> (Stupid Rei? I forgot the person's name.)

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
yeah its rei, its ok, imma start recruiting beta testers after you give me your fade and loading

Renendaru

Reaction score
Dunno if I should be saying this publicly, but can you tell me what you want on it?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
The fade and loading can be the same image. Its colorful text with a title "Archer Wars: Legacy", under it, created by cleeezzz and under that, In memory of U_R_A_NOOBCAKE, you can put your name somewhere and credit yourself. why arent you on aim anyway?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Who all helped in this? I'm putting credits in it.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Haha, I didn't really watch the video while completely focused before yet... but I did now. The spells are really cool. :) I mean cooler than how cool I said it was before. :D

Good luck! What's your AIM btw? :)

EDIT: NVM, I added you. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.