WIP Archer Wars: Legacy

Doom2030

Reaction score
I have 1.2e
thing is one holy split doesnt
but you can split the splits and split 3 pwns your ram lolz
I was just trying to be informative cause I wanted you to be able to have some feedback from a loyal player ^_^
Oh Idea for a new class would be a bouncer type class...
Like a glaive thrower ^_^
just an Idea.
Keep up the awesome work!

megma

Reaction score
I have 1.2e
thing is one holy split doesnt
but you can split the splits and split 3 pwns your ram lolz
I was just trying to be informative cause I wanted you to be able to have some feedback from a loyal player ^_^
Oh Idea for a new class would be a bouncer type class...
Like a glaive thrower ^_^
just an Idea.
Keep up the awesome work!

Odd, doesn't happen for me, could it be your system? :confused:

Aluwen

Reaction score
bugs

Hey Cleez i would like to report 2 bugs i've found firts is that game counts denys as kill even tho they dont appear in the counter. i proved it because in 2 times i had like 51 kills (dm 60) denyed myself and won the game was really weird and the other time i had 188 kills (dm 200) denyed myself and won the game.
The other bug i have not figured it out completely it has something to do whit gravity arrows double shoot and holy arrow/gravity field i got a replay of it and its the second time it happens i just dont know how to post it here if u msg me i can send it to u by msn or smthing.

PS: about the firts bug maybe im just crazy but it happened twice so i had to report it
GREAT MAP
Edit: I figured it out, it happens at minute 21 of my replay gravity arrow+double holy arrow makes the arrow cant complete the total range (or i dont know thats my nooby explanation) cuz the 2 arrows suck each other and get stuck (this time in right top corner of map) in the start that doesnt cause trouble but in minute 22:43 or somethign like that the fps of the game just goes down and down and becomes impossible to play. i think the 2 arrows stuck in the corner start to multiplicate arrow sprites or something cuz if i look at it the number of arrows that can be seen in the corner just grows over time. Once again i dont know how to post the reply so u will have to msg me or smthing =/.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Aluwen:
Thanks for the bug reports, ill look into the deny bug, as for the gravity bug, i've switched arrow systems so i dont think that will happen anymore

hmm okay, so i need some ideas, im changing how the bows work.

so heres my current idea, keep improved bow, (+25 dmg). (more bows in later versions) and three (maybe more later) enhancers, Ice/Light/Fire. The difference is, you DO NOT have to buy a bow before getting the enhancer. Enhancers will probably be more expensive than the old recipies which were 50. (maybe 75?). Enhancers DO NOT take inventory space, rather, they show on your hero's hand. (like they did in the old version).
Enhancers DO NOT have a % chance. ALL of your arrows will be enhanced with the element.

Brief Description of each enhancer.
KEEP IN MIND THAT 100 IS THE MAX STACK. 0/100 means unit is not chilled/charged/or burning

ICE: EACH hit will chill the target unit by 35. Chilled units have slower movement speeds. Every second, the unit will defrost at a rate of 5 per second. If the unit is hit again with the same enhancer, the chill WILL stack. (So if the unit is already 25/100 chilled, and gets hit again, it will go to 60/100.) The higher the chill, the slower it moves. When chill hits 100/100, the unit will be frozen for 2 seconds, and chill meter will drop to 50/100.

FIRE: EACH hit will burn the target unit by 35. Unit burn damage is BURN LEVEL/10. (So 35/10 = 3.5 per second) Every second, the burn decreases at a rate of 5 per second. If the unit is hit again with the same enhancer, the burn WILL stack. (So if the unit is already 25/100 burned, and gets hit again, it will go to 60/100.) The higher the burn, the higher the damage. When burn hits 100/100, a ring of fire will be released from the unit, and burn meter will drop to 50/100.

LIGHTNING: EACH hit will charge the target unit by 35. If a unit is damaged while charged, it will take (Charge Level/2) extra damage. Every second, the charge disperses at a rate of 5 per second. If the unit is hit again with the same enhancer, the charge WILL stack. (So if the unit is already 25/100 charged, and gets hit again, it will go to 60/100.) The higher the charge, the higher the extra damage. When charge hits 100/100, ALL units in water will be hit for 100 damage.

*Subject to change

So now the problem is... How will they stack together? Should i make ice decrease fire, and fire decrease ice?

For this to work, each player can ONLY buy ONE enhancer.

Please comment.

megma

Reaction score
@ cleeezzz.

Lets see... I say that they don't stack together, well, more like this, if a target is burned first, then iced, the burn is reduced by total chilled. And vice versa with chilled then burned. But if target is chilled, then burned, then charged, it deals extra damage, due to, 1: the ice melting because of the fire and 2: which pumps up the lightning bow by X.XX% or total of fire and ice (because ice turned into water :p). That is, only if, say the target is chilled to 100, then burned, so it'll be at 35 now, with 35 burn (because there's a 30 charge), which comes to a total of 70. So that will be the max that you could get with the triple element. I was thinking about, 0.20-4.00% (% = lvl/5), which would come to 2.8 extra burn damage, 2.8 extra chill, and 2.8 extra charge damage so the slow, DPS burn, and extra damage. (so what would normally be 3.5, would be 6.3 burn dps, [no slow formula stated], and 17.8 extra damage from charge [logical, charge would end up being 30, while burn and chill are 35])

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
uh that was kinda confusing, so 3 element boosters, but each archer can only get one (thats what i think you said)

and also, since lightning doesn't really fit with fire and ice, you could suggest a different 3rd element.

so fire and ice cancel each other. so if unit was chilled 75 and gets burned, then its 75 - 35 = 40. So chill drops to 40 and burn has no effect?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Since ice is frozen water, you could make lightning deal extra damage to a unit that had been iced then fired as the fire would have melted some of the ice into water.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ahahaha make an earth element ^^ Trap them in place for 1/2 a second >:D

Lol. The opposite of ice. Stuns them if they are on land and slows them in water where ice slows them on land and stuns them in water.

minkosu

Reaction score
Im back

HI GUYS REMEMBER MEH?!
lol im back and im gonna start playing again..And Clezzzz if u know my code, can u plz make one for me? 3k kills 200 death

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i dont know your bnet name so i made it for minkosu, -load FY0-3EV-R

and about this map.. with starcraft 2 coming out and wc3 losing people and schoolwork and partial laziness, archer wars is currently stalled, if i ever feel like it, i may bring it back, but its a lot of work

Phwool

Reaction score
Hehe.. I can't wait for SC2 :D I hope I can beta test that map >:D (If I can even run SC2.. I use my horrible laptop T_T)

minkosu

Reaction score
Thank You

Lol thank you. and my user name IS minkosu so thats good :D.anyways thank you :D.Im back on Archer wars! GOGO@

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
mkay. im pushing for a playable beta right now,

i really need these ideas, i still haven't found the "right" combination..

i know you guys already gave ideas about the elements, but its not really "clicking" right now. (It seems too complicated, i kinda want it more simple)
(Lightning is still not fitting in with ice/fire)

Note: Fixed bug where denies count toward Team Deathmatch.

im not sure if i put this here yet,

Little remake of illusionist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF1nUHddaV0

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
I played this last night, and it was really fun. Here follows some suggestions from me:

- The custom font is kinda annoying. It's hard to see how much gold you have (5 and 3 look kinda alike.). I know it looks nice, but you should maybe try picking one that's easier to read.
- You should give a small amount of exp to someone who gets killed. Level gives a huge advantage earlygame, and if it's your first time playing, it could easily be that you stay level 1 when all pros are level 5+ with holy arrow, and then it's hard to catch up, and it often leads to leavers.
- About the element suggestion, since you can't get lightning to work with ice and fire, how about adding earth too? Then ice cancels fire and vice versa, and the same with lightning and earth.
- The new illusionist looks really good too, the illusion archer skill is a good idea. But how about making so that the illusion archer really is an illusion, so that only the real archer can deal/take damage, and you can swap location with your illusion anytime you want. That would fit in good with the illusion theme. Also, if you do this you should also add transparency on illusion archer/arrows for the owning player so you can see the difference.

Anyway, good luck with your map! :thup:

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
- The custom font is kinda annoying. It's hard to see how much gold you have (5 and 3 look kinda alike.). I know it looks nice, but you should maybe try picking one that's easier to read.
Already removed, i was seeing if it was worth it, and it wasnt.

- You should give a small amount of exp to someone who gets killed. Level gives a huge advantage earlygame, and if it's your first time playing, it could easily be that you stay level 1 when all pros are level 5+ with holy arrow, and then it's hard to catch up, and it often leads to leavers.
Im pretty sure it does that in 1.2e (Level of Killer - Level of Dying Unit) * 100 exp
if it doesn't, it will be in the next one (its already in my current version im working on)

- About the element suggestion, since you can't get lightning to work with ice and fire, how about adding earth too? Then ice cancels fire and vice versa, and the same with lightning and earth.
hmm, okay what will lightning and earth do? (Passive on Hit AND after 100 stack)

- The new illusionist looks really good too, the illusion archer skill is a good idea. But how about making so that the illusion archer really is an illusion, so that only the real archer can deal/take damage, and you can swap location with your illusion anytime you want. That would fit in good with the illusion theme. Also, if you do this you should also add transparency on illusion archer/arrows for the owning player so you can see the difference.
Thanks, the illusion has locust, it can not die. (I think im adding a blue-ish color to it to make it look like an image). I will think about the Switch places

Actually new idea, i think i will make the illusion the same health as the original hero, but when it takes damage, it will be reset to original hero health. Since the unit will not have locust, it will be used to confuse enemies, when enemies figure out its the illusion and fire at the original hero, use swap places and confuse them some more (swap will need at least a 5-7 sec cooldown)

Anyway, good luck with your map! :thup:
thanks

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Since you already have ice, fire and lightning, how about this for earth:
Each hit adds 35 charges that disappears at 5/sec. Each second you have a 1% per charge to get stunned for... let's say 0.1 seconds, and if charges reaches 100 you get stunned for 2 seconds.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.