Technology Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Scientists claim radiation from handsets are to blame for mysterious 'colony collapse' of bees

It seems like the plot of a particularly far-fetched horror film. But some scientists suggest that our love of the mobile phone could cause massive food shortages, as the world's harvests fail.

They are putting forward the theory that radiation given off by mobile phones and other hi-tech gadgets is a possible answer to one of the more bizarre mysteries ever to happen in the natural world - the abrupt disappearance of the bees that pollinate crops. Late last week, some bee-keepers claimed that the phenomenon - which started in the US, then spread to continental Europe - was beginning to hit Britain as well.

The theory is that radiation from mobile phones interferes with bees' navigation systems, preventing the famously homeloving species from finding their way back to their hives. Improbable as it may seem, there is now evidence to back this up.

Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) occurs when a hive's inhabitants suddenly disappear, leaving only queens, eggs and a few immature workers, like so many apian Mary Celestes. The vanished bees are never found, but thought to die singly far from home. The parasites, wildlife and other bees that normally raid the honey and pollen left behind when a colony dies, refuse to go anywhere near the abandoned hives.

----------------
Bizarre and scary stuff. We cannot afford to lose our bees.

Last edited:
K

kitty

thats retarded! we ALL know the reason the bees are dying
is because of that pesticide they created that transfers its
poison in those little tubes things that stick to the bees.
the bees get it all over them, scrape the pollen off them
and then end up eating it and it cuts up their insides.

turok255

Reaction score
We can't afford to lose our bees, and most of us can't afford too lose our technology.....If this is true... then we have a bit of a sich on our hands....

Reaction score
I've been following CCD for a while and it's spooky stuff. We can't yet be sure what is causing the disorder, but I think we've really stuffed something up.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I say let the bees die. This planets on the brink of destruction anyways. Too much pollution and such, we're going to die sooner or later, I say the bees be first! (This is coming from someone with one heck of a fear for bees.)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I say let the bees die. This planets on the brink of destruction anyways. Too much pollution and such, we're going to die sooner or later, I say the bees be first! (This is coming from someone with one heck of a fear for bees.)

Thats a horrible Idea...

worldofDeath

Reaction score

Well thanks for makeing my day better..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.