Are you a GUI or JASS?

Do you like GUI or JASS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Do you like/understand/code/write/read/sleep/eat/drink/fart/breathe/prefer GUI or JASS?

JUST VOTE EITHER OF THE THREE OPTIONS...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>like/understand/code/write/prefer
Every single one for Jass.

Off topic:
Your location would give a syntax error.
1. removeLoc is not a function.
2. udg_jig7c is either a player or a unit. We may never know.

jig7c

Reaction score
jig7c is a location :)... somewhere, in some language, there might be a function called removeLoc

ZulzZ

Reaction score
lol ^^

I'm only using GUI for now as it seems that almost every type of code i need to compile can be made in GUI and if Jass is needed then i just hope that someone can provide me with a code so i can just adjust the values (that is what i do best, manipulate others work :S)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
well, i'm trying to learn that how to use JASS... but so far i'm doing best with GUI:rolleyes:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I assure you that the only people who will pick GUI are those who do not know Jass.

Anybody that knows both (well) will always pick Jass.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You do realize that GUI is just text with tiny icons on each line, right?

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
I assure you that the only people who will pick GUI are those who do not know Jass.

Anybody that knows both (well) will always pick Jass.

im one of those who chooses gui unless i absolutely need jass.

i can essentially do either since i know c++ but i am just too lazy to write many of my own functions in jass as it takes more time than just simply selecting it from a gui list since i really dont remember all the black box functions of jass. i will note that some things just simply require or are more efficient writing it yourself and thats usually when i will use it, but to be honest a lot of stuff it wont matter either way. *looks around for some vectors*

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> simply selecting it from a gui list
Clicking is slower than typing (for most people).
And that GUI list is very limited.

I take you don't know Jass very well. :p

> black box functions of jass.
There's a function list. Though it does help to remember a few basic ones.

> some things just simply require or are more efficient
Everything in (good) Jass is more efficient.

ZulzZ

Reaction score
And you do realise jass is just a massive brick of text right? Both of these programming types are hard and difficult for the one who doesn't know it.. Therefor don't say it like that :)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Well you have to learn both programing type's before you use them but as soon you learned them its easyer to use JASS than GUI

i'm learning it, and i dont understand it yet, but it is easyer to get the point of it than a HUGE list og GUI codes...

+the point that JASS seperates its trigger parts in "Chepters"...

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
GUI is the BEST u can do alot of stuff with it without needing the knolege of programing as for jass is very hard to learn for most people and u need he knolege of programing

im trying to learn jass but i have no idea:nuts:

there for GUI IS THE BEST FOR ME

THE OVER ALL GUI MUI IS THE BEST

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
I'm not going into a pointless debate about which is better simply because there is no such debate, GUI is essentially jass.

I prefer jass over GUI, because it's less limited.

jig7c

Reaction score
this thread is not to start a debate or anything...
as a poll starter, I was just wondering what my fellow forums posters where more knowledgeable into... GUI or Jass...

I realize GUI is essentialy jass, but GUI makes it so much simple write codes Jass is easy if you know what you are doing, and there are things you can do with jass which you cannot do it with GUI, hell 95%, if not more of dota is jass...

GUI is a really good learning tool to create maps in World Editor and Star Editor....

I've been a member of this since 06, (i have lost passwords few times and had to create new usernames) and I been trying to learn jass, and I still have no idea on how to write even the simplest code... but I can write hell of a code in GUI...

on a side note, keep polling, I need more votes.....

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I use both, but I prefer JASS when it comes to more advanced coding.

Added a 'both' option to the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.