• Yes

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 94.5%

• Total voters

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Ahah I imagine I might cop some flak for another thread with the word iPad in it, but I'd be interested to see how many (if many at all) on TH would buy one.

EDIT: Thought I'd add some apps that are available... The first group of games look pretty sweet to me.
These are what caught my eye when browsing appadvice.com's iPad apps list.
According to Apple there will be an approximate 1000 iPad apps on the store at launch.

Games

N.O.V.A HD
Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD
Dungeon Hunter HD
CoD WoW: Zombies
X-Plane
Asphalt 5 HD
Raging Thunder 2
Need For Speed Shift
Real Racing HD

Touch Hockey Extreme: FS5
Worms HD
Adrenaline Golf HD Online
Cocoto Kart HD Online
Cro-Mag Rally
Duke Nukem 3D SE
Low Grav Racer 2 HD
NFL 2010 HD
Real Soccer 2010 HD

Fieldrunners
Flight Control HD
Enigmo Deluxe
Touchgrind HD
Diner Dash: Grilling Green
C&C Red Alert
Glow Hockey 2 HD
Jellycar 2
Labyrinth 2 HD
Grind HD
Uno HD

Normal apps

Brushes
WeatherBug Elite
Bento
Netflix
Backgrounds HD
Omnigraphsketcher
Wall Street Journal
Ping!
Aim

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No, I'm good with my iPhone and laptop. :thup: maybe when the iPad 3rd generation comes out with more stuff on it. Like the iPhone 3GS

My moral learned from buying Apple products, don't get the "1st Generation" of anything.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
ipad.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think codemonkey summed up the iPad nicely there :)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ive always preferred a laptop over a pad, but maybe ill start to like pads eventually

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
How many posts are you going to make about this?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I still don't get what this is useful for.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Let him be, :) To each his own.
Or something like that.
I won't buy one because I don't buy stuff. Wait, yes I do. But not like that.
If it was like $1.99 I'd consider buying it. Maybe chocolate instead.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Maybe if they made one as this as paper and foldable. Otherwise definitely not.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
How many posts are you going to make about this?
I will continue to post here about Apple products for a long time, I like them, and I like discussing. Plus I did want to see how the vote went.
Probably when his ego calms down.
I don't have an ego, I just like discussing this stuff. I enjoy talking about windows stuff too but not nearly as much.
I still don't get what this is useful for.
The iPad? or my post?

Regardless, the iPad offers a lot for $499 - great hardware and software. You might have no use for it, but that doesn't mean it's useless.

The iPad's going to thrive because there is no slate like it. No slate runs an OS built just for a touch based device, the iPhone OS already has succeeded, they've just improved it and moved it to a larger device.
That may not seem like much, but the larger screen and hardware backing it (faster processor/graphics etc..) will allow for so much more creativity designing apps, fully functional apps, much like that on a computer.

Personally, although I'm quite possibly wrong, I think the iPad that we saw, isn't going to be what we get. I think they are going to drop the price a bit, and add a front facing camera.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
it seems to only appeal to serious apple users *look at poll*

hey man. Not cool. I think it's a piece of crap. Some guys in my calculus class and I talked about how Apple needs to add some backpack straps to this bad boy for easy transportation.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
im talking about hardcore apple users. If it was a more general just apple users in general i would have just said apple users

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Fixed. :thup:
Loolz...

There will actually be a lot of people other than teenagers, that can use the iPad, police, doctors, schools, particularly students if text books come on board.

What could be better than having all of your college/school text books stored on your 1.6 pound iPad?
http://obamapacman.com/2010/02/epocrates-reports-1-in-4-doctors-likely-to-buy-apple-ipad-tablet-within-the-year/
EDIT: Another article
http://obamapacman.com/2010/02/demand-for-ipad-higher-than-original-apple-iphone/

it seems to only appeal to serious apple users *look at poll*
The only thing you can tell from that poll is that, I am buying one, and (I guess) the majority of TH won't be lol.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I doubt I'd buy it.
If I had a use for it, I would, but I don't at the moment...
... That, and I'm broke. :/

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As of now its 17 to 1 against. Looks like the IPad is not going to be as popular at the IPod or IPhone :)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
As of now its 17 to 1 against. Looks like the IPad is not going to be as popular at the IPod or IPhone :)
Haha, the question is, if I posted this poll about the iPhone when it first came out, would we get the same result. The answer would likely be yes.

The iPhone was highly criticised when it was released and was said to be an epic fail. There is even more interest in the iPad than there was for the original iPhone.
We all have different opinions, but time will tell :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.