Are you going to buy StarcraftII?

Mike889

Reaction score
Are you going to buy Starcraft II? Will you use its World Editor?

I hope they do make an Editor like the one we have but with many improvements.
So new maps can have a chance and new mapers can be born =D
And also it may be cool (although i don't like Starcraft I. It's so ugly =/ Unfortunately that's because i've played it 1 year after Warcraft III).

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Yes I am going to buy the game no matter what and I cant WAIT to check out SCUM Edit :D I really hope you can increase the player cap from 12 because there will be computers that can handle hosting it either at the release date or later on.. I just can't wait <3

Reaction score
>I hope they do make an Editor like the one we have but with many improvements.
Hopefully they leave the useless GUI mess away. Straight to C or something like that..

Oh yes, who wouldn't be buying a blizzard's game here. If I remember correctly, there was this kind of a thread made already :).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Hopefully they leave the useless GUI mess away.
You do realize the majority of the mapping community is using GUI?

> Straight to C or something like that..
LUA if we're lucky. But we probably aren't and Jass3 (now with even more BJs!) is on its way...

> increase the player cap from 12
No matter how high the limit is, people would still complain. Besides, there is no point in having more than 12.
SC2 is going to be a RTS, remember? I'm yet to see one in which 12 players is not enough for a good game.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Yes, I will buy Starcraft 2. But I am unsure if I will be able to enjoy it as much as Warcraft 3 and World Editor, but I hope I can. :rolleyes:

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I'm gonna' have to pass on this game. Not much of a Starcraft fan, though the lore is quite fascinating.

chanta45

Reaction score
Oh i'm definately buying SC2.

At that comment about getting rid of the GUI, I totally agree with SFilip. New mappers gotta start somewhere, although I do hope they can maybe clean it up but still add more conditions.

I hope Blizzard realizes that the modding community on WC3 is a major factor in what is keeping it alive, and I can say that if the SC2 Editor is not up to snuff, I probably wont enjoy the game as much as I could.

I hope they add a whole new array of features, like the ability to have several different units of the same model but different skins.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yes, I think I'll buy it as well.

I just hope that the editor has some more features. And that the GUI will be more efficient. Though I definitely do not mind learning whatever new generation coding they have.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I plan on buying it too.

I will first enjoy the "RTS" part of the game before delving into mapping. Just the normal games seem nice!

I think Blizzard will create a better editor. At least, I hope.

Demi666

Reaction score
depends

but do you know its been like 3 threeads like this? well they are old but still...

i have never played an SC in my life but it could be cool trying it out.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
of course im gonna buy it. Of course, im going to have to get a microphone, cause it has voice chat :D (thats what they said, right?)

And as for mapping, Ill get into it asap.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
>I hope they do make an Editor like the one we have but with many improvements.
Hopefully they leave the useless GUI mess away. Straight to C or something like that..

Extremely selfish thing to say. A HUGE amount of the community still uses GUI. Some people can't learn pogramming languages as easily as others. I've been trying for ATLEAST a year now no luck I dont get a thing. I can't even speak my native language let alone learn to pogram.

Anyways im looking forward to it , hopefully they allow you to use w/e pogramming language you like in it or enhance GUI so it has more functions and the ability to use locals or such.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I will buy the game, in fact, I technically already have, with a pre-order. (though I need to check on that) While I'm not all THAT exited to play the actual game, the single player campaign will probably be pretty fun, however long it lasts. However, the main thing I'm looking forward to is the new editor. I hope to make some crazy cool games with it, especially if they add lots of new features to make it easier to use and more powerful.

GUI is good, better GUI is gooder, but getting rid of it would be silly. While I wouldn't care if the maximum amount of players stayed at or around 12, I wish they would let you add more computer players, at least up to 24 or so, and other things to make the editor more powerful, like restricing control from the player for certain units, ways to make custom units in-game, on the fly, and abilities in the same way, stuff like that.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Yes I'll buy it, and will love it. Not loving it isn't an option! In the new editor they better have GUI functions to remove all the leaks.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
There are some things being discussed here which are already answered on the SC2 Blizz Forums.

What type of scripting language is being used? Aspiring map/mod makers would like to know.

StarCraft IIs editor features a proprietary scripting language that is based largely on C with some special parameters specific to the game. Of course, for most users, they will have access to the more user friendly Trigger Editor which will allow beginner and intermediate map designers to make advanced maps without having to learn the particular details of the scripting language. Well release further information about the world editor as we move forward.

Will the new map editor include ALL the triggers in the program unlike Staredit?

Yes, even moreso than Warcraft IIIs WorldEdit. Weve been making a point of ensuring that ALL script functionality is also exposed in the Trigger Editor UI.

Will the new map editor support locking maps? People hate losing credit for a map.

Yes, we are planning to support this feature. We hope that this feature will give the modding community more incentive to create their own original maps.

Will you guys link multiplayer maps, so mapmakers can make multiplayer campaigns?

Yes, we do plan to support multiplayer campaigns and linked maps.

M

myownworld

There are some things being discussed here which are already answered on the SC2 Blizz Forums.

T-Up for all these news, I was wondering whether Starcraft 2 will have a better support for us GUI users.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.