Are you going to buy StarcraftII?

M

Mr.Banankaka

I´ll probably download it first to see if it´s worth buying ^^

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Yes, we do plan to support multiplayer campaigns and linked maps.

That seems very interesting. Don't you think? Gives a lot more possibilities.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
> Yes, we do plan to support multiplayer campaigns and linked maps.

That seems very interesting. Don't you think? Gives a lot more possibilities.

It does. Thats one of the big things people wanted from WC. And I think it is a great idea!

Each 'area' could be another map, with different terrain - meaning new cliffs and everything. Plus, it allows each map to have more tiles to compliment that individual area.

Rad

Reaction score
I won't buy it unless all of my friends buy it. Otherwise I'll stick to sourcemods and C&C :D

Of course I'll have to buy it if they start doing LAN's monthly again, we used to have bimonthly halo2 lans. Those were AWESOME.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I don't think my computer would be able to get the SCII graphics as shown in the videos. My computer barely runs WC3, and the graphics lightly lag (lower frames) so... I would probably get it, but not enjoy it. Then again, I'm trying to get a new computer (mine is about 6-7 years old), but of course I would want it(SCII)!

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Well..... I'm buying it ofcourse. But not for the melee game, no way. In my opinion starcraft's melee multiplayer is well over-rated... I found the story mode was the most enjoyable part.

There is no questioning that Blizzard always puts out a quality product (even if they do make you wait a lifetime for it) and always worth adding another one of their games to your collection. Probably the best part about it tho, considering Darg's post about the editor, is the custom game possibilities that will come from it. It's amazing how even today people still hold onto and enjoy modifying War3 maps (myself included), and it is great how Blizzard are doing their best to deliver a product that the gamers want. Hopefully a short time after its release we will start seeing all our favourite modded maps making an appearance, and new concepts spawned that could never have been achieved before.

I hope starcraft 2 involves creeps and items...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Starcraft II will incorporate items... Or at least from the videos I've watched of the gameplay.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Starcraft II will incorporate items... Or at least from the videos I've watched of the gameplay.

Yeah I know what you mean... but still all the gameplay video's I've seen appear to be melee play, not story mode. And remember the missions in the story game where you just had a small squad of terrans? If they replicate those scenarios surely they would have amped it up to war 3 standards, anything else would be a step backwards. I know the heroes like Raynor were just beefed up units in the original game, I just hope they give them more individuality and customization like the heroes from war 3.

Most custom maps in warcraft revolve around an individual hero so I dont know exactly what kind of custom games we would end up with without them :( Td's and Siege maps anybody?

EDIT: problem solved, check out my new thread for details :) :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I plan to get Starcraft 2 but I will wait for a little to see who has it, how it is rated and how good the features really are.

Randor244

Reaction score
Of course I'll buy it. I really hope the WE will be better than Starcraft I:s. More editors like Warcrafts, I say!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
> I really hope the WE will be better than Starcraft I:s. More editors like Warcrafts, I say!

For it to be worse than WC3's or SC's, Blizzard would have to run on the extreme path of devolution in software design methodology, something that I doubt will happen. The editor may not be perfect come the first release, but unless they have come up with a policy of hiring monkeys, then I fail to see how it could end up worse.

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
Shouldn't you better ask "How often are you going to buy StarcraftII" ??? :D

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
The editor may not be perfect come the first release, but unless they have come up with a policy of hiring monkeys, then I fail to see how it could end up worse.

I had to.

BLIZZARD_computer_monkey1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.