Arena Arena of Champions

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It did mine o_O

Creeps don't drop potions. Are you sure?

Then it must be retarded again >.<

denmax

Reaction score
BETA v9 is now available!

~

Thank you for participating and your patronage!

denmax

Reaction score
I'll be happy to announce that I will release some systems tomorrow or later:

• Sub-Realistic System
- Of course, any unit can do Critical Strikes and Evasion (both skills and normal attacks) and even Bash. Simply as that. Units tire from walking and attacking always, so I'll be adding something like this. Numb, tripping at some points and something like that, but I need more ideas. Another thins is that a unit will bleed if it's hitpoints are too low to take fatal damage, hurting overtime until it can replenish health.

• Viewing/Sense System
- Heroes can actually see units better in the front view and hearing will react a "ping" for the player in the map if the enemies are too near and makes sounds. (that includes fast paced running and damaging), this is also skill dependant (battle cry has more radius detection). Not sure if I'll be adding this o_O/

• Stat based System
- Stats do not only give off something which usually does, so I have something simple. I'm not sure if this will be released with the other systems.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
(I don't understand the viewing system)

Here's my opinion :
Realistic suggestion (crit, bash): Better remove it. The game will be depend on luck
Blood suggestion : Nah, this one's cool. Try to make a condition system. When hp is lower, hp regen is [hp]%, mana regen is [hp]%, damage, etc. so you must keep your hp high in order to gives great damage. Maybe replace the realistic critical & bash with realistic bloodhit.
Also make an item called bandage, to heal hp up to [bloody hp limit +1] (bare healing item)

Stat based system :
Strength --> Allows you do critical or bash (if initial, I don't agree but if this is the effect of strength, not a bad idea)
Agility --> of course increase evasion + movespeed
Intelligence --> Uses item more efficiently, gains x% netter effect

denmax

Reaction score
I think I'm not adding any systems. I think it will kill the map (maybe the blood limit thing would be added but not next version)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Problem : The ghoul's shadow replication doesn't work (I played at my friend's place; his is only v 1.18
The creeps (orcs, humans, skeletons) can win! WTH???
I gain points by killing creeps
Potions are too expensive, thus making me sell the scroll which can be sold at 3000 gold. You MUST lower the potion's and other charged items price to more than 25% from it is now... If you keep the price, everyone will sell potions and buy permanent items.
The bounty hunter's ulti can't be used against heroes, so what's the purpose?
Creeps stuck in trees
Tauren's late reaction stun is very imba
Stun items are imba. only at 8000 price I can give a hero continues stun.

Maybe that's all... for now...
This is a funny and interesting game, according to my friend, and I think this map is really something new since we can hardly defeat a creep at 1-on1. Hero = creep! (and the creeps are fighting each other, really full of battle atmosphere)

denmax

Reaction score
Are you even suer you're in the latest version? I fixed that like in 1.3 o_O.. I dunno I forgot..

Wait a minute, I dun' remember having a Shadow Replication at the Ghoul upgrade o.oo

Do you mean Shade or Ghoul? If ghoul then I gotta look at it >.<

-> I mistook Replication and Repitance >.<.. Yes, I fixed it, just look at the changelog, I said something that it only works at player 1 and I fixed that thing in the last versions, i just forgot..

Anyway I'm gonna update the first post..

BETA v.10 is now available!
Also, if you do not sell the pots, you'll get 8000 hardly.. (wrong grammar -.-)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Nah, then lower the pots price. They're waay too expensive. I suggest lower them by 75%

Also, I suggest you keep the shops clean. I don't give a damn of dying when buy an item!
Points to capture = try add some more interesting things to make players get the urge to capture it.

Sometimes, creeps that won made a colony in an area. Trigger them to make a 'grand war' between 2/3 forces. lol!
Use check units around

Really, I can't meet with enemy heroes with full/good condition. perhaps make a duel place? (no creeps, and bounty if you won in the area)

denmax

Reaction score
Nah, then lower the pots price. They're waay too expensive. I suggest lower them by 75%

Also, I suggest you keep the shops clean. I don't give a damn of dying when buy an item!
Points to capture = try add some more interesting things to make players get the urge to capture it.

Sometimes, creeps that won made a colony in an area. Trigger them to make a 'grand war' between 2/3 forces. lol!
Use check units around

Really, I can't meet with enemy heroes with full/good condition. perhaps make a duel place? (no creeps, and bounty if you won in the area)

What do you mean, "keep the shops clean?"

What kind of "points"?

PS: I just saw that the Spectral Assasin is frekin' imba. It killed all our heroes in late game XD.

About the duel area, erh. How made? Like heroes has to go there or heroes will teleport there in some time?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I cant even stay alive in this game for only 3 minutes, there are creeps everywhere. Maybe you want to add a skill selection at the beginning. So that at least the hero could fight at the start.

denmax

Reaction score
I cant even stay alive in this game for only 3 minutes, there are creeps everywhere. Maybe you want to add a skill selection at the beginning. So that at least the hero could fight at the start.

You mean an innate skill or something? My mind is too low on ideas T-T..

Maybe I should reduce their damage and life? or increase on the heroes?

Here are some hereoes which I think will survive more than 3 minutes.

Pandaren Brewmaster
Archmage
Shadow Warlock

-

Well, they're the only 3 that I tested and I'm not sure about SW. Anyway, with the right ability that is learned in the start, it should pawn. I also configured that creeps get more than 100% spell damage (armor dependable). But I think reducing their damage and hp wouldn't hurt ^_^..

-> v1.10b is now available!

The mini-arena is now prepared but I dunno what to do with it.. It's R@i's or any other persons choice!

EDIT: Sh1t I forgot to change the Replenishment Pot's price! it was hell 6k like the Replenish Scroll o_O..

-> v1.10c is now available!

I fixed it as fast as possible with other additions and balances (even though made weaker =P)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
What do you mean, "keep the shops clean?"

What kind of "points"?

PS: I just saw that the Spectral Assasin is frekin' imba. It killed all our heroes in late game XD.

About the duel area, erh. How made? Like heroes has to go there or heroes will teleport there in some time?

The shops clean : Even The shops is full of creeps! I can't check item's effects w/o getting attacked...

Duel Area : Heroes can go there, optionally. Even I called it an arena, It should be just a mere region w/o creeps so heroes can fight there if they wish to. Devastated heroes will found these area to a place to rest, but not if other heroes see them in and kill them!

denmax

Reaction score
Capturing control points only give sight radius and no other thing. So what kind of "points" are you stating?

denmax

Reaction score
Non-24 hr BUMP!

v1.11 is now available!

EDIT:

Sh1t I thought it was Yesterday 7PM o_O! >.<

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
that's why... It does not worth much... I suggest you make the control points a little more worthy... like allows you to access the shop there, or gain control of some invulnerable critters in that area?

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Why do you still have BETA in the original thread if you have v1.11 out already ? :D

You suck!
-> So you're the only one not to seem to notice it?
Whoever wrote that seems very dull :p

Are you still looking for new hero ideas btw?

denmax

Reaction score
Actually it was still BETA. The word BETA can't fit due to the color code =P

And yes, still looking for new heroes..

Quauhtli

Reaction score
First of all I do not know which heroes you already have, feel free to change some models / names whenever you want.
Code:
Black Knight
Sindewin
Bandit Lord/Paladin with the grey hair/Paladin with the black hair
Attributes
• Starting points
  • [dont know how fast your other heroes are] 300-320 (meaning moderately fast) MS
  • 1.75-2.45 [balance your game and pick a good one] AS
• Stats
  • [Primary] 15 str
  • 10 agi
  • 7 int
• Stats Add
• Last Level Points (?) PS: 35 levels
  • 3 per level str
  • 2 per level agi
  • 1,5 per level int
Abilities
• 1st Ability - Black Ring: Creates a black ring around the caster which gradually grows beginning from 1 AoE and ending at 300/400/500/600/700 AoE. The caster is able to move. Creatures hit by the black ring will be damaged by 15/25/35/50/70 damage per second that they are still in the black ring. Note that it's a ring not a circle so if a creature stands still the ring will only hit him once because afterwards the creature is inside the ring. (If you understand what I mean) 100/125/150/175/200 mana. 1/1/1/1,5/1,5 casting time (while casting add a special effect) 40/40/35/35/30 cooldown
• 2nd Ability - Great Charge: Charges to the target unit while damaging units that it hits on the way. When it reaches target unit target gets double damage of the hit units. All units hit including the final target gain a buff which makes them attack #% faster but lose #% more hp for 1 minute. If a unit dies under effects of that buff the unit will become a shade which will fight for the caster for 20 sec. Charge hit damage 30/45/60/75/100 Final hit damage 60/90/120/150/200  Buff faster attack 5/5/5/10/10% Buff loss hp 5/5/10/15/25%  Shade has 20/25/30/40/50 dmg and 250/350/450/550/650 hp
100/125/150/175/200 mana cost 0 casting time 30/30/25/25/20 cooldown
Note: This is probably more of a creep killing ability?
• 3rd Ability - Avenging Aura: In a 400/400/450/450/500 AoE all allies and self gain a 1/1/1.5/2/2.5 armor bonus and a 5/5/10/10/15% IAS. If an ally dies under effects of aura the Black Knight will gain a buff which gives him 250/300/350/400/500 more hp, 3/3/4/4/5 more armor, 5/10/10/15/20 more damage, a range attack (although only 300 range) which lasts for 20/20/25/25/30 seconds (it's sorta like Avatar). Avenging buff cannot occur more then once every 90,90,90,90,75 seconds. PASSIVE ABILITY
• 4th Ability (Ultimate) - Choke: While the caster channels the target unit is lifted up in the air (say to 200-250 hight) slowly (over about 7 seconds) while being lifted the target unit gets damage over time. once on the highest point the target stays there for some seconds while gaining a lot more damage over time, in highest point the caster no longer channels.
lifting damage 35/50/65 damage per second. high damage 70/100/130 damage per second for 2/3/4 seconds
200/225/250 mana cost  channels for 7/7/8 seconds  90/90/75 cooldown

denmax

Reaction score
How slow is the back ring?

Do you want the person to charge not on the target loc but to the unit? Then would you prefer stunning the target or letting it move freely?

There are no allies in this map (FFA Arena) other than summons, which is only the shade =P.

So let me get this straight, you want me to let it lift the unit upward and deal x damage per second, and when it reaches seven seconds, will it be x + y damage or only y damage?

Quauhtli

Reaction score
1. Well getting from 1 to 300 should take about 4 seconds. to 400 5, to 500 6 and to 600 7 seconds.

2. It selects a target unit and keeps chasing it until it is touched. The charge can be canceled of course (for if the target is smart and runs to a dangerous area) and so no stun.

3. Well in that case it is really a stack ability for the shades, perhaps add this to it.

Level 1 gives the Shades a 25% evasion ability "Ghostly Form" (w/e)
Level 2 gives "Ghostly Form" and a 7% chance on 3 sec stun bash ability "Evil Spirit" (pick your own names, mine are lame :p)
Level 3 gives "Ghostly Form", "Evil Spirit" and a 20% lifesteal ability (that only effects the shade self) "Recover"
Level 4 gives those abilities and also a critical fury ability with a 7% chance on 200% damage "Condemn"
Level 5 gives "Ghostly Form", "Evil Spirit", "Recover", "Condemn" and a the "Grimned Master" ability which makes the Black Knight attack 1.1% faster, +2 dmg, +0.2 life regen and +3 movespeed per shade alive.
Also note that to balance it make it that there can't be more then 20 shades alive at a time < that note seems hard to me, because I have no idea how to stop there being more than a number of spawns at a time :confused:

4. The target is lifted to a height between 200 and 250 (pick one) which takes 7 (on level 3 it takes 8) seconds to lift. While being lifted the target is stunned. The stunning/lifting damages the target for 35/50/65 damage per second (so for 7 seconds, on level 3 it takes 8). In this time the Black Knight keeps channeling.
After those seconds, the target should be on the height between 200 and 250. The Black Knight now no longer channels the ability. Now the target unit stays at that hight for 2/3/4 seconds taking 70/100/130 damage per seconds (so for 2/3/4 seconds). Those 2/3/4 seconds the target is still stunned.
Optional: After the 7/7/8 + 2/3/4 seconds the target unit is releashed, but so as he is released the height should be reset to 0 (or w/e). The Optional Part : The target falls which would damage him on landing for about 50-75 damage.

Gl with this
If you need any more heroes just call me. If so please answer this:
-Less complicated or the same?
-Less, same or more damage?
-Less, same or more stunning time?
-Do I need to add stories?
-Melee, range, magic heroes?
-Less, same or more spawn abilities?
-Less, same or more aura abilities?
-[Optional]Good, evil or neutral heroes?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.