Arena Arena of Champions

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I tried the map yesterday and tried to upload a replay for the bugs for the gargolye but my internet hung... anyway, the gargolye's scream INCREASES attack and move speed instead of decreasing it.
Also, when I tried his ultimate and he died, it worked, then my enemy destroy the heart and killed me and my clones, suddenly, my clone revived instead of me... then when the clone died, I didn't revive (not surprised) and I had to quit... as soon as I have a replay i'll upload it.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I tried the map yesterday and tried to upload a replay for the bugs for the gargolye but my internet hung... anyway, the gargolye's scream INCREASES attack and move speed instead of decreasing it.
Also, when I tried his ultimate and he died, it worked, then my enemy destroy the heart and killed me and my clones, suddenly, my clone revived instead of me... then when the clone died, I didn't revive (not surprised) and I had to quit... as soon as I have a replay i'll upload it.

This is because my revive trigger didn't exclude the clones =P..

Anyway, I'll fix it..

Also, I realized that it's icon was out..

WILL SUBMIT 2.3B LATER OF TODAY

-----------

SUBMITTED

v2.3b BETA is now available!!

chopperpope

Reaction score
hero idea

I`m makiong a hero map too, and I have LOTS AND LOTS of hero ideas but its too mmuch that never put all of them in the map, so, I`m giving u some ideas of heros that I had the Idea but didn`t put in my map, so, ITS EXCLUSIVE TO YOU!:thup:

name: Slarsh
class: Tide minion
model file: water elemental
agi: OOO (primari)
str: OOO
int: OO

-living wave: the tide minion throws himself at an enemy dealing damage and stunning him.
:the elemental is tossed, so, he appears next to the target before casting the spell.
: the magic deals bonus damage based on Slarsh`s strength.

-tsunami: Slarsh summons a great wave to pull or push enemies dealing damage also.
: to push enemies u must cast the spell between you and the target, and to pull him u must cast it behind you.
: the wave is cast behind Slarch, look the signals ahead:
(wave)----> (slarch) (cast point) (enemy)
(cast point) (slarch) (enemy) <----(wave)\

FOE THIS HERO I HAVE JUST CREATED THIS TWO, good luck:)

denmax

Reaction score
2.4b is coming up!

This fixes most of the IMBAs in the map..

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
gargoyle don't have any inventory...

I remember that u said there's AIs, but i don't see any. In FFA games it's always good to have one.

denmax

Reaction score
gargoyle don't have any inventory...

I remember that u said there's AIs, but i don't see any. In FFA games it's always good to have one.

I said I removed the AI in the changelog, it's taking much space already.

BUT I could provide one, but it would only be to people who want to

I'll make it all 8 players have AI..

denmax

Reaction score
FOUND BUG:
Soul Bind is everlasting until target dies..

will fix as soon as possible..

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I always wondered, how come some heroes level up like mad? Like the Plague Bearer, the Red Raider Guy. Anyway, you should fix the Soul Leak, seems like there's a bug in the triggering. I think it is also too strong at the last level, 5% per second is not something small. I think you should change it to damage so you can count the number of units with the buff and heal according to (number of units)x(damage) so its more accurate.
EDIT: I checked out the code and it seemed alright, nothing wrong. But when I played him yesterday, he healed about 100+ hp per second for some reason.
PS: I am Zack1996 in the Hive too.

denmax

Reaction score
I always wondered, how come some heroes level up like mad? Like the Plague Bearer, the Red Raider Guy. Anyway, you should fix the Soul Leak, seems like there's a bug in the triggering. I think it is also too strong at the last level, 5% per second is not something small. I think you should change it to damage so you can count the number of units with the buff and heal according to (number of units)x(damage) so its more accurate.
EDIT: I checked out the code and it seemed alright, nothing wrong. But when I played him yesterday, he healed about 100+ hp per second for some reason.
PS: I am Zack1996 in the Hive too.

You should have used Archmage and look how fast he levels :D..

I can't rebalance him yet but I'd do my best to (changing his abilities to a better one OR without destroying his abilities OR , I dunno)

AT LAST, I HAVE KICKED MY ASS OF LAZYNESS AND MADE AN 8 PLAYER AI!

Link is bottom, as usual..

EDIT:

Warning: To those persons who have downloaded the map before the time of this post (5:50PM GMT +8) should redownload again the map AFTER I edit this post (being identified with "EDIT 2[FIX]" when I edit this post again). The one being uploaded has a huge bug on -ar..

EDIT 2[FIX]

Ready for download

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
-White screen?
-UBER LAG
-AIs don't pick the gold bounty. If you want to make em auto looted, use 'give item for hero'
-Some heroes r imba. It's all because creeps has very low hp. You may start the way it is, but at least each upgrade must get +20 hp ++. Even in lv 20 creeps only got 600 hp.
-So does the creeps attack.
-Too many bones in the path. It cause lags of course. Remove it after 20 s i suggest.
-Items r too cheap, or gold is too much.
-Since soo many cheap pots on the way, maybe you'd like to make a backpack system for pots/unusable items.
-AI still like a dummy
-AI didn't buy any items.
-I randomed then retart for some reason i get the same hero over 5x.
-Still, some stuck points on trees. free exp for ranged units.
-Any leaks? as i've said it lags.
-Good job.

denmax

Reaction score
White Screen?
-> Low detail options :D??

UBER LAG
-> Yes, I tried to fix it on the next version. It's less laggy BUT still lags on later games (somewhere 30 minutes)

AI don't pick the gold bounty
-> I'll try to fix it :D

Some heroes r imba. It's all because creeps has very low hp. You may start the way it is, but at least each upgrade must get +20 hp ++. Even in lv 20 creeps only got 600 hp.
-> You're to one who suggested to weaken it :D

So does the creeps attack.
-> Why?

Too many bones in the path. It cause lags of course. Remove it after 20 s i suggest.
-> Made it permanent but fixed it to 88 seconds.

Items r too cheap, or gold is too much.
-> You suggested to low the price down =P

Since soo many cheap pots on the way, maybe you'd like to make a backpack system for pots/unusable items.
-> I'll change the chances OR remove it

AI still like a dummy
-> Who said I didn't improve it?

AI didn't buy any items.
-> Only Player 1 does that :D

I randomed then retart for some reason i get the same hero over 5x.
-> You restarted it, not remade it. Of course the random integers are the same since it is the same game only RESTARTED it. That's the flaw in Blizzard

Still, some stuck points on trees. free exp for ranged units.
-> I know, I'll fix it

Any leaks? as i've said it lags.
-> I cleaned (almost) everything already, and also I'm protecting the map..

Good job.
-> For what? Having a bad map?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Can you use another site to host the AI version of the map cos I was unable to download it even till now... I want to try the new AI.
Anyway I tried the Soul Mage again and he is more or less nerfed, but he could still tank the creeps... That can't be helped though...

denmax

Reaction score
Can you use another site to host the AI version of the map cos I was unable to download it even till now... I want to try the new AI.
Anyway I tried the Soul Mage again and he is more or less nerfed, but he could still tank the creeps... That can't be helped though...

Well the only solution is, REMOVE THE LIFE REGEN..

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
I suggested to weaken them, but this is just too weak.

So does to gold, the problem is your price goes down yet the gold income UBERLY CAME UP due to the weak creeps and gold coin drop ratio.

Good job, for making a map i played again and again. not many games r like this.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
sorry for not visiting the thread bro, but im too busy (making maps, school, playing with cat, shooing dog, etc.)

can i help?

oh yeah, did u use unit pools for the -ar command? if u didnt theres a chance that 2 players will get the same hero, for now i dont know how to use unit pools thats why im searching for tutorials that teaches u how to create random command using unit pools

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Well the only solution is, REMOVE THE LIFE REGEN..
WOOT! I just thought of a great idea to nerf that skill! Make it active, like Immolation so it will drain mana per second, instead of more % life stolen, decrease mana cost per second and abit of range maybe?

New heroes!

Nature Guardian
Nature Guardian
TranquilNature
Ancient of War/Ancient Protector Model
Attributes:
• Movement speed: 290
• Attack speed: 2.00(base)
• Damage: 16-22(base, without primary stat bonus)
• Armour: 2
• Stats
Str: 23 (+2.25)
Agi: 11 (+0.85)
Int: 13 (+1.25)

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Roots Field: Summons a field of vines that will entangle enemy units near it. Increases duration of vine field and damage per second for entangle.

• 2nd Ability - > Vine Hold: Throws a vine at an enemy/target location (whichever you prefer) and grabs the enemy/ the first target the vine touches and moves the unit to you. Each level increases damage and range

• 3rd Ability - > Photosynthesis: The guardian is like any other tree and can photosynthesise at night, granting increased mana and health regen. Each level increases regen.

• 4th Ability (Ultimate) - Leaf Storm: Causes sharp, blade-like leaves to revolve around the guardian, damaging the units it touches. Each level increases damage and number of leaves

Scarab
Scarab
BlackArmoured
Carrion Beetle model tinted golden
Attributes:
• Movement speed: 315
• Attack speed: 1.84 (base)
• Damage: 14-17(base, without primary stat bonus)
• Armour: 1
• Stats
Str: 19+(1.80)
Agi: 15+(1.45)
Int: 13+(1.10)

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Burrow: Burrows underground to hide from his enemies, provides invisibility, armour and bonus hp regeneration. Each level increases hp regen.

• 2nd Ability - > Tunnel: Tunnels through the ground, moving to the target point and damaging units from your current point to that target point. Has a cast time if the scarab is not burrowed and no cast time if the scarab is burrowed. Each level increases damage and range and reduces cast time if scarab is not burrowed.

• 3rd Ability - > Earth Guard: The Scarab is one with the Earth and has been granted protection by it, an earthquake will occur at its position once every few seconds and damages and stuns. Each level reduces the delay between the earthquakes and increases the effect of the earthquakes.

• 4th Ability (Ultimate) - ForeShock: Begins preparing for an earthquake, creates minor terrain deformation and slows nearby units slightly, after the channeling of this skill is over, Main Shock is enabled for 5 seconds. Each level increases the slow and decreases the mana cost and cooldown.
MainShock: The true force of an under-earth earthquake is unleashed, shakes the earth around you with so much force that the terrain deforms like mad, all trees are destroyed (but if there is no tree regrow trigger then forget it) and units around you are stunned and damaged. The earthquake will persist and slow units in that area until it ends, this will only occur if you are underground.

Rock Elemental
Rock Elemental
RockyRumble
Rock Golem Model
Attributes:
• Movement speed: 305
• Attack speed: 1.98 (base)
• Damage: 15-20(base, without primary stat bonus)
• Armour: 2
• Stats
Str: 21 (+2.20)
Agi: 14 (+0.95)
Int: 12 (+1.05)

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Pick Rock: Picks up a rock from the ground, increasing attack damage but reducing movement speed slightly. Maximum of a certain number of rocks which increases per level. No mana cost, cooldown decreases per level.

• 2nd Ability - > Rock Prison: Causes rocks to burst from the ground, surrounding a unit. The rocks will slowly crumble and can be destroy. Time health of rocks will increase per level, taking longer times to crumble.

• 3rd Ability - > Rock Armour: Increases armour per level, also adds extra armour according to how many rocks you have. Max of a certain armour bonus.

• 4th Ability (Ultimate) - Rock Rumble: Cause the rocks you have to multiply and fall rapidly at the target area. Each rocks damages and stuns for a short duration. Causes temporary terrain deformation at the points where the rocks fell. Uses up all the rocks you have.

-OR-

Rock Earthquake: Controls your rocks with mana and causes them to burrow under the earth and moves towards the target point, causing an earthquake at he point where they collide. The burrowing rocks damages and stuns while the earthquake damages and slow. Uses up all your rocks.

Hope the suggestions help!

denmax

Reaction score
Right now I'm balancing the creeps, money drops and the Heroes..

Not ready for new heroes..

[del]Also, I'll be remaking some heroes[/del]

denmax

Reaction score
sorry for not visiting the thread bro, but im too busy (making maps, school, playing with cat, shooing dog, etc.)

can i help?

oh yeah, did u use unit pools for the -ar command? if u didnt theres a chance that 2 players will get the same hero, for now i dont know how to use unit pools thats why im searching for tutorials that teaches u how to create random command using unit pools

Unit Pools..

You set every unit in an array, then when using ar, pick random numbers within the array then set all other higher arrayed numbers - 1 and also - 1 the (math random integer from 1 to [this integer variable])..

OR

set the unit type [array] to what is [array AR count] (unit_type[randomdata[randomhero]] = unit_type[ARcount]) then set "AR count" to ("AR count" - 1). In other words, set what is on ARcount to randomdata[randomhero] so that what is in arcount will be moved to randomdata[randomhero]. So that it won't be reused and using -1 will remove what is ARcount, but does not remove the unit type since it is moved to the place of what is used to random..

I also used this to arrow trap, which is a "summon ward" skill..

EDIT:

2.6b BETA Released, AI Version is now on Rapidshare as well..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.