Arena System, helpppp!

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
I am having a really rough time figuring out how to make this arena system. What I want is for it to pick an equal number of random players from all teams to compete in the arena... And this number cannot be higher than the number of players on the smallest team.

I can set one up for full team duels, and 1v1 fights... But the whole "equal number not exceeding the smallest team" is what is getting me. Anyone know how I could do this?

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
I need help making a dueling/arena system.

There are either 2 or 4 teams, containing up to 6 players in 6v6, and up to 3 players in 3v3v3v3.

I need a "pick" system that will pick heroes from every team to fight in the arena.

conditions:
An equal number of players from every team must be picked. So, if it starts off as a 3v3v3v3, and 2 players leave team 4; it will only pick 1 RANDOM player from each team. If there are 2 players on the team with fewest players, I want it to pick 2 from every team, at random.

What I want is for it to pick an equal number of random players from all teams to compete in the arena... And this number cannot be higher than the number of players on the smallest team

That is about as clear as I can make it.

to rephrase again, I need a system that will pick X number of random players heroes to compete in there arena, where X is the number of players on the smallest team.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
To get the number of players in the smallest team:

Have an integer variable, say - Small_Team
Then do this

Player Group - Pick all Players in Team 1 and do multiple actions -
Loop -
Set Small_Team = Small_Team + 1

This will count the number of players in Team 1 (so long as Small_Team is originally 0).

You can also set arrays for it to count multiple teams and compare the values to FIND the smallest team.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
This trigger will give you the number of players on the smaller team, you just need to make an interger varible. You will need to make player group varibles for each team however and add the players to them, which is a good thing cause it will also come in handy for a lot of your triggers.

Trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Number of players in (Team_1)) Less than (Number of players in (Team_2))
    • Then - Actions
      • Set Interger = (Number of players in (Team_1))
    • Else - Actions
      • Set Interger = (Number of players in (Team_2)))

The triggers are kinda old and leak, but this map has a pretty nice dueling system.
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/20136/

You can use this to check for the min players on 4 teams

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Interger = (Number of players in Teams[1])
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Interger Greater than (Number of players in Teams[((Integer A) + 1)])
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Interger = (Number of players in Teams[((Integer A) + 1)])
            • Else - Actions

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
I am actually using Malt's system to clean up all GUI triggers... It is cheap, but works amazingly.

I had actually started working on what you suggested, I got the idea from the above post; I already had the player groups made for my 4 team mode, so wanted to try to use them.

here is what I got so far:
Trigger:
  • Four Team Mode
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to Team1
      • Player Group - Add Player 2 (Blue) to Team1
      • Player Group - Add Player 3 (Teal) to Team1
      • Player Group - Add Player 4 (Purple) to Team3
      • Player Group - Add Player 5 (Yellow) to Team3
      • Player Group - Add Player 6 (Orange) to Team3
      • Player Group - Add Player 7 (Green) to Team2
      • Player Group - Add Player 8 (Pink) to Team2
      • Player Group - Add Player 9 (Gray) to Team2
      • Player Group - Add Player 10 (Light Blue) to Team4
      • Player Group - Add Player 11 (Dark Green) to Team4
      • Player Group - Add Player 12 (Brown) to Team4
      • Player Group - Make Team1 treat Team3 as an Enemy
      • Player Group - Make Team3 treat Team1 as an Enemy
      • Player Group - Make Team4 treat Team2 as an Enemy
      • Player Group - Make Team2 treat Team4 as an Enemy

Trigger:
  • Small Team Pick
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in Team1) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team2)
          • (Number of players in Team1) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team3)
          • (Number of players in Team1) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team4)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team1)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in Team2) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team1)
          • (Number of players in Team2) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team3)
          • (Number of players in Team2) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team4)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team2)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in Team3) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team1)
          • (Number of players in Team3) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team2)
          • (Number of players in Team3) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team4)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team3)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in Team4) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team1)
          • (Number of players in Team4) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team2)
          • (Number of players in Team4) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team4)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions

The above trigger is run before the first duel, and every time a player leaves the game. How does it look?

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
It looks good, a little rought but it will still work. :)

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Okay, I have been frying my brain over this for a while, and cant figure out where I went wrong...

Trigger:
  • Small Team Pick 2T
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 60.00 seconds
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in Team1) Less than or equal to (Number of players in Team2)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set LowTeam = (Number of players in Team2)
        • If - Conditions
          • LowTeam Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Destroy ArenaStartTimer
          • Trigger - Turn off Timer Start <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off Even Move To Arena <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off Small Team <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off Arena Ends <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off Full Move to Arena <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

That is what you have posted above; and I also made it so that all of my arena triggers would turn off if there is only 1 team left in the game. It runs whenever it may need to be updated.

Problem being, when I use my move to arena trigger, and my arena ends trigger... it doesn't work how it should...

Trigger:
  • Even Move To Arena Copy
    • Events
      • Time - ArenaStart expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in PlayerHeroes and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at (Center of Temp Start <gen>), Hide revival graphics
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of Player 7 (Green)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at (Center of Temp Start 2 <gen>), Hide revival graphics
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is in Team1) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Team 1 Start 2 <gen>)
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit)) over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is in Team2) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Team 2 Start 2 <gen>)
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit)) over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random LowTeam units from (Units in Team 1 Start 2 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Arena Team 1 <gen>)
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random LowTeam units from (Units in Team 2 Start 2 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Arena Team 2 <gen>)
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)

When the above trigger runs, rather than picking "Lowteam" number of random heroes, it picks... all of the heroes... I may simply be misunderstanding the concept of picking a random number of units.. but this is not working....

any thoughtttssss?

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Alright, I have figured this out; kinda. I got it to finally get an even number of heroes in the arena for a 2 team mode. Had to re-word some things; and set the players being added to groups to if/then statements. It is a little sloppy, but with leak cleaning, and the trigger rarely being run I dont see a problem with it. If anyone is interested in the fixed trigger, just ask and I can post it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.