Arkham Asylum

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wow, I am so getting that. It looks amazing. Graphics, gameplay, storyline.
I think they made a nice Joker that resembles both Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson.

Can't wait for it!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Not many Batman game's let you do that. To my memory, only recent one was Lego Batman, which, by the way, was another awesome game.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They've hinted about an unlock-able villain mode.

DM Cross

Reaction score
That would be awesome.

Would be awesomeR, though, with more than one famous villian. Is Joker solo'ing this?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Killer Croc: Screenshots show him as an enormous, reptilian creature, towering over Batman.

The Riddler and Bane are also confirmed for the game.

The September 2008 issue of Game Informer revealed that Harley Quinn and Mr. Zsasz, will also be villains in the game.

Game Informer further states they saw evidence through concept art, in-game clues and hints around the offices of Rocksteady Studios that widen the possible cast of villains to include, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, The Scarecrow and Poison Ivy.

Also, according to the Game Informer article, collectibles include "Joker Spray Cans" and "Two-Face Coins" this implies that Two-Face might also be featured in the game.

Screenshots released of an unnamed character bear a striking resemblance to and may be Amygdala.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Wow, they really went all out with this... I think I do remember seeing the Croc part, but it just wasn't in this trailer, so I forgot...

We need to scour the web for more trailers!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Not that impressed, though I also don't really care for these games.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Not that impressed, though I also don't really care for these games.

Batman games or some other kind of "these games"?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Boo at Varine's statement. :p

I am impressed! The movement kinda' looks like in Gears of War. Same bulk-type character for Batman, too.

I saw Killer Croc! If they only had the Joker, that would be pretty lame.

@Seth Cross, well the link you gave us has multiple trailers if you keep watching (although I'm sure you already knew that). :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
See, with all the Villians listed, I'm almost worried they'll be made lackluster because there are too many of them. Unless they make it a really really long game. I also want to see how they do Arkham, because they portrayed it a bit more like a medieval dungeon, almost... Like it was a bit more harsh than it needed to be for security.

Did anyone else notice Gordon was... Oddly too buff? He was a decently sized guy in the cartoons and comics, but now he's like... Super hero big o_O Weird.

I love Marvel games, but I like the movies more :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of these characters are turning out to be more bulky than they are. Except for Batman from the originals. Like I said before, I think most of the characters look more bulky as in Gears of War how everyone has super-huge Marine armor. :)

I think the villains, unless playable, won't be much of a problem as in being worked well for each and every one of them since fighting them would be quite simple unless you could play as them. All of them, at least.

Yeah, Arkham Asylum looks stranger than shown and imagined? It's very dark, and not just in color, but in feeling, too, I think. This game is probably heavily inspired from the new Batman series, taking the tone of the more sad, dark world and insane Joker rather than funny Joker. But he still looks more like Nicholson. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
In the Lego Batman game, they kinda put you into the villian's environment where they had an edge... It'd be nice to see something like that, but I know the game is restrained by the fact that it takes place in Arkham.

However, some stuff could be how Batman gets elevatored to the sewers to deal with Killer Croc. Stuff like that...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
It's funny how the Joker first escaped from the guards so easily. Noobs... :)

Yeah, but now that the Joker has basically taken over, it's like remodeled into a villainous place.

Off-Topic: Hey, Seth, you're from NJ? Me<<2!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
Not really, not in the ways I'm talking about having the environments play a huge part. Imagine the Penguin and Mr. Freeze in the arctic, Croc in the jungle or swamps [possibly with Poison Ivy]

Actually it would be cool if there were levels and mini bosses... Poison Ivy would be your big boss and Croc could be your mini boss because Ivy's known as a more dangerous criminal [due to actually having thought capacity :)]

Interesting. Maybe make that an RP.

Anyway, yes, I'm from NJ.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.