Arkham Asylum

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i wouldnt know :[ i looks like its for PS3 only considering...

In April 2009 ads began appearing in the PlayStation Network service advertising the ability to play as the Joker.[29] IGN later confirmed that the Joker will be available at the launch of the game as a free download from PlayStation Store,[30] but will only be playable in the Challenge Maps.[30] Joker is exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version. [31]

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I hate how the PS3 has so many exclusives for this... XBox 360 has nothing, :(
Although I saw that if you pre-order it from GameStop, you get a free Scarecrow Challenge Map. I'm gonna' look into that, lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Should I get normal or collectors?
Okay...

GameStop
-PreOrder: Scarecrow Challenge Map
-Normal: 59.99 USD
-Collector's: 99.99 USD
Amazon
-PreOder: NADDA
-Normal: 52.99 USD
-Collector's: 89.99 USD

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
My parents don't want me spending an extra $10 just for a map, so they said I could just get the Collector's Edition from amazon... that's still awesome. I'm prolly gonna kill soemone with the batarang, xD

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The hell? Extra $10 for a map you get when pre-ordering... Pre-ordering doesn't cost extra o_O Where are you pre-ordering from?!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Heh, I meant if I pre-ordered it from Gamestop, I would get the extra map, but the price is 99.99. At amazon, there's no map, but it only costs 89.99. So... I got the amazon one. Now I'm just waiting for it to come out. I flipped a coin.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ah, okay.

Any ship/handling charges? That might put it OVER 99.99...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
For Amazon? I think I have it free.
But now I'm just waiting 8 more days. Does it come with the like 2 day shipping time from when it comes out? Or since it's pre-ordered, does it get here when the game comes out?
Cuz if it's after the game comes out, I'll have to wait like 10 days, lol
^.^ So Seth, are you going to get anything of this game?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
They probably ship when it's released, not FOR when it's released. After all, UPS and Fedex can sometimes ship things ahead of schedule. They couldn't risk you getting the game early.

I never reserved it... Crap. Going to have to try that tomorrow.

Of course I'm getting the game o_O

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I tried to cancel my amazon deal and switch to gamestop so I pick it up when it came out, and with of course the extra map. Collector's Edition ran out! lol
So now I just wait for shipping...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
Who's playing it already and how far have you gotten?

So far, I've beaten Bane... He was my last bad guy, and I think I'm headed towared Killer Croc... I'm looking for Dr. Young's notes, but I can't figure out how to get in her office yet...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
ZOMG! Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition has arrived.
In a cool, shiny box. Inside, another cool, shiny box in the shape of a Waynetech Batarang box. Inside, another XBox box containing 2 disc. Just got it now.
I shall play ASAP!

Oh, Dr. Young's note, it comes with a real life version of that, plus a comic book, lol. I'll report when I can.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
The CE edition is a disappointment according to reviews and the YouTube videos I've seen. The batarang isn't what I thought it would be, just some hunk of plastic on a stick.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
The CE edition is a disappointment according to reviews and the YouTube videos I've seen. The batarang isn't what I thought it would be, just some hunk of plastic on a stick.

Yeah. :(
Everything else is okay, the comic book, Dr. Young's notes, etc...
but really all that matters is the Batarang. That's what I wanted lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score

Ewww, it's mounted? o_O

Gross.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I was trying to pull my batarang off the mound yesterday, but didn't want to risk breaking it, :D
I wish it could be taken off, it's still like some dangerous heavy object (even if not like steel or something). Does like Eidos set up their CE or some other division or something?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!

I beat the game already XD I think... 10-12 hours will get you through it? But I didn't do all of the Riddler's challenges.

Gotta say... The ending fight was really disappointing.

Aside from being jumped by dozens of inmates, Venomed-Joker was relatitively simple... Standing on his stage, you use the Ultra Batclaw to pull him down, whack him while he's stuck in the ground and then just avoid him swiping at you for a few seconds until he goes up to his stage and sicks the inmates on you again... Very simple.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I'm not reading the spoiler, :) 10-12 hours, lol, then Hard should take like 25 hours. Cuz it's so much harder than normal, lulz.
This new profile, I'm trying to get as many challenges done as I can. Are challenges the riddles, or the question marks?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
I think it's the riddles, not the trophies...

But then, there are actual "challenges" where you can play before starting on the game you've started... If that makes sense o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.