Armor Detection System

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
After working for about 12 hours, doing mathematical calculations after others, thinking how to make this algorithm better and more efficient, I finally present you the Armor Detection System.

Description: System capable of detecting unit's current armor, armor type, or the based on a damage amount and armor, what would the value of the damage be if armor were ignored.

I made it because I found it really useful. Requires only one custom ability (I could have avoided it but then you wouldn't be able to detect armor beyond -10, if requested, I can remove it and make it require no custom stuff ;)). Doesn't work as efficient as natives, but meh, it's the best I could come up with.

Code can be found into the header of the map... Doesn't contain yet testing features, but it will in the future. It was tested multiple times but not extremely much, so if you notice any other bugs than the one I mentioned, please mention them and I will do my best to remove them. :)

Edit: If you move this to Free Trigger Code I'd prefer you moved it into a separate thread because it is a system. Also, I don't understand why you close threads. People can post their questions in the thread, so that different users do not have to ask me the same stuff many times, if not closed. Anyway, do however you feel it is right.

~Daelin

Attachments

• Armor Detection System.w3x
    20.7 KB · Views: 486

Siefer

Reaction score
Sounds useful although I don't see why I would use it yet. Although, it sounds interesting enough that I probably will use it someday.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I got a problem with your system >.< . When the units (in my case buildings) have about 70.000+ hp and I use "GetUnitArmor" of that unit, it turns invulnerable. And I tested this A LOT. I'll add a Test Map just to show you.

Attachments

• TEEST.w3x
    43.3 KB · Views: 330

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
You should send your request to www.hiveworkshop.com as Daelin appears in there alot. But I don't think he'll return back to warcraft as he quitted.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
He's not a lot in any WcIII modding site. He already quit and I don't think he'll continue working on his systems.

The problem is that this system is based on damaging the units and checking the damage received. Probably, a unit with such high amount of hp cannot be checked correctly.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
This system is made pretty long time ago, maybe you could go to www.wc3campaigns.net and pm a person called "pipedream" and ask him to look into it made some modification on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.