Campaign Arnold's adventure

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Changed the name to Vengeance.
Hello there, let me present to you the current project I'm working on. It's a smaller sort of campaign (only 1 map). It's sort of an fps or whatever you call it. 3:rd person camera, arrow key movement and a lot of fun quests and special stuff^^

Story:
Arnold is a young and strong warrior raised by the proud Warrior guild. He has never met he's parents so he has searched comfort and friendship with everyone around him instead. He is known around the world after the terrible accident which occurred when he was 2 years old. Arnold have finally reached the age of 20 and is now a man of he's own. After leaving the Warrior guild he traveled to the small encampment at the border of Ravenfields. In search for power, friends, love and gold the adventure hear by begins.

Hehe I love my imagination^^
Any way here is some screenies from ingame:

Old:
arnold1pl1.png

arnold2og3.png

arnold3tt5.png

arnold4fk2.png

New:
cave2bt0.png

snowcaveya4.png

citytunnelot6.png

boss1iu3.png

throneroomab1.png

pirategameww7.png
Currently percentage done:
Code:
Terrain:   50%
Quests:   25%
Abilities:  60%
Sounds:  70%
Items     30%
If anyone has any sorts of suggestions or critics please post them here;)

Edit:
I have created some new areas, new abilities, quests and items. Also worked a lot on already made terrain to make it look better.

Edit:
Worked a lot on the terrain, there are a lot of new areas (though you can't reach them at it's current state...) Almost done with the first boss, you can try him out by typing "First boss" in the chat. You now use your abilities by typing their names in the chat. Credits to Lord for bringing up the idea. Three graveyards has been added, a lot of new weapons (but you can't achieve them all at it's current state...) Some new music and model files, also fixed some bugs that was found in some of the quests.
Edit:
Added some new sounds, fixed some major bugs and added a new part of a quest. There is now also a mini game quest, It's quite buggy and doesn't look very well yet but it's playable if you want to check it out.

Video:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxxeU-lcKAc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxxeU-lcKAc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
What I want from you:
If you test the map, you have got to say what you think about it. Good or bad, sucky or pwning.
Searching for:
Nothing at the moment.
Thanks to:
Battlemapsta for voice acting the first boss.

Here is a link to download the unoptimized map at it's current state. Link.
And here is a link to the optimized map, a bit smaller but can't be opened with the editor: Link.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Terrain: 5-10%
Quests: 1-3%
Abilities: 0%
Sounds: 0%
Items 0.1%

Why did you post your map with such low percentage done? :p

Anyway, I have not tried it yet, so I cant say much :p

I will try it now.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Off-Topic:
lol, Firefox owns internet explorer.

Anyway, this seems like a nice map. Arnold the strong, rofl. So, won't it be a bit hard to like attack with all that stuff in that view? I find it kinda' annoying and hard when if your hero turns a bit, your whole camera turns with it, and you miss the view you were looking at, and if you frantically click like 50 times to get back to where you were, your camera just goes crazy. :p

But good luck with this anyway, perhaps it will be better. The terraining looks like it could be worked up a bit but I see that it's not 100% done yet so I'll just wait for it. :D Good luck once again. :thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback^^

I posted with such low percentages so I can edit things right away if things is totally wrong or just doesn't fit.

Thewrongvine you have to admit the terrain is a lot better then in my cinematic at start?^^ The fighting works fine with the awesome movement and camera system, it's easy to guide around and move to wherever you want. There is even a look around action (although I haven't given it to the hero yet) so you can stand still and look around.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just tried it and I have to say, I am quite impressed. The movement was alright (turning could be a bit faster) and the actual gameplay seemed fun.

Good job.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
If anyone has any sorts of suggestions or critics please post them here;)
of course man

1. i think you posted map with such low percentages...

only because you dont really want to finish it,you just want to speak with people... and its all... because you is one lonely kid... :rolleyes:

2. and its ok man! i understand you
we all need to talk sometimes
i think you really need a girl... who will talk with you ALL DAY and not only talk... you know...

I am quite impressed.
really? how sad...

anyway i played your "Arnold Schwarzenegger's Adventure" and Arnold looks totally different since the last time i saw him! :D

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I really wanna be funny and make a Quited For Thruth but nah.

No comment.

Offtopic
Thoose comments is completely useless CEMEH

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
cemeh, why even bother post...

This campaign looks pretty cool, though the terrain could use some work. The first SS with the random arches is somewhat strange. Nevertheless It should be fun to play :thup:

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Luck.Duck @ US EAST

You have a funny account name on a video in youtube. Related to d*ta.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Movement and camera was pretty bad... :( For that reason I gave up even attempting to play it after awhile. The guy kept attacking units instead of walking.

And I agree, he's funny. But annoying somtimes.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Just played it. I truly hope that isn't even close to the final form. The game has potential, and I liked your use of cinematics, but:

a). Terrain. In a single player campaign, you should have no holding back on terrain, as there's no file limit. Get some custom trees, they make a world of difference. Use tile variation, not just all dirt, and use height variation as well. the world is not that flat :p

b). Different types of quests? Not just 'kill boss' quests. But whatever.

c). I really liked the weapon system. If you could get helmets and shields, that would be cool too.

d). More to do! There's really not much to do. I suggest you make some buildings enter-able, and you will 'enter' them (be teleported) and be in a new area that looks as if it were a building. (maybe just devote a corner of the map to that or something).

e). The movement system! I don't know if you made it, but I (highly) suggest you get a new one. The current one is choppy and strange. Smith_S9, on this site, has a good movement/camera system I suggest you use.

Positive:

Again, I liked your weapon system.
The town. I love it. The gate, the guards, the buildings, I don't know but it all looks really cool and feels alive (the blacksmith working, the greetings from the soldiers).
Good, short n sweet cinematics with nice cameras (for how short they are).
I don't know why but it has an RPG-ish feel, despite it lacking a lot of stuff.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Wow so much posts wohoo^^

Sorry CEMEHbl4 but I won't even reply to your post^^

First of all, it is far from completed indeed.
Secondly, I have had a big terrain height variation but the camera sort of bugs up and half of the screen either go black or the unit runs out of it (he's sort of standing on the camera...).
Thridly, yes I have already made some quests which is not killing.:thup:
Fourth: Ye I had something like that in mind, and also when you have made it half through or something you get a new model which has a full plate armor or something.
Fifth: Hm yes I could have some of the more important houses enter able.. Good idea thanks;) Sixth: No I didn't, it's made by "VIRUS_OF_MADNESS" and I used it because it's the best this far I have seen, but I will look over the one you suggested:)

Again, I liked your weapon system.
The town. I love it. The gate, the guards, the buildings, I don't know but it all looks really cool and feels alive (the blacksmith working, the greetings from the soldiers).
Good, short n sweet cinematics with nice cameras (for how short they are).
I don't know why but it has an RPG-ish feel, despite it lacking a lot of stuff.
Ye I really love it to^^ I was sick of the old dead ways in games so I tried to cheer it up a little, glad someone noticed it^^

>you will have a *high* level cap, i hope?
You mean highest possible level? Yes I was thinking of 50 or more.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
@ CEMEH, don't start it again.

2) He is not the real luck.duck. He is just a fanboy... haha, fan-boy. AHAH. Ha.

3) Well Kazuga, I don't exactly remember, but I think your terraining from the cinematic was better, but maybe it was just because it had custom camera views. And yeah, single player = no restrictions (well at least less than multiplayer).

I'll try it out. :)

EDIT: um. the link doesn't work. I'll try it again later.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am the Luck.Duck, otherwise I wouldn't have the name Luck.Duck on all servers.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Have no idea what you guys are talking about^^ Anyway I noticed that it's not accepted to post unfinished maps at hive so I uploaded it at filefront. Also now it's updated with som new quests, an entire city, music, some new trees... You better check it out ingame^^

Here is a link.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So, this map looks pretty sweet. Sweet as nougat (nougat is super sweet). So ill try it out mate, ill edit my post after about what i think of the map :thup:

off-topic: Dude, vine i love your humor:
2) He is not the real luck.duck. He is just a fanboy... haha, fan-boy. AHAH. Ha.

EDIT: Okay, i tried the map and i think it was a great start for a map. If you made this game a multiplayer functional game or made computer controlled heroes that would follow you and be in combat with you, it would be awesome. I love the controls and the camera system. The first area where you start the quests you should make some better terrain, espacially near that hermit guy. I love how the quests work and it reminds me of WC3 campaigns <3 :p. All i can say is, continue with this map!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback^^ Hm I will try to make the Hermits cave a little more "scary" and so^^ I just managed to make my first enterable house also (looks darn good if you ask me^^) Well I could make some quest were you receive help from one or two other heroes which follows you around, good idea thanks:thup:

The map is allready far above 4MB^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.