Arrow Dodging

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Concept finnished and moved to a big mini-games map.

Keep a lookout on Members projects soon =)

edit: I have decided to let the "Big minimap project" rest untill Mr.Tutorial decides to contact me..

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
lol, it's a funny game, +rep, where did you get the arrown models from?

Suggestions:

Make something where who ever can reach the top where the arrow spawns first, to get some gold, to buy some items (Add Items).

Make an ability that is a shield that cost all the hero's mana and the cooldown is 120 seconds.

There isn't that much too add.

It is fine how it is now...

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the rep,

The arrow model: Abilities\Weapons\LichMissile\LichMissile.mdl
with:
Art - Tinting Color 1 (Red) 255
Art - Tinting Color 1 (Green) 0
Art - Tinting Color 1 (Blue) 0

Thanks for tips btw =) Will definatly add items.

I would also appriciate a suggestion that replaces my current one.

The arrows has immolation with radius 75 so u can be behind the arrow and die.

Any better ideas?

Also when you walk on the rune in the middle you get hyper speed. how do i set back to normal speed after a time?

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
not much you can do about the arrow behind thing except make the radius smaller. id say about 50. That way, with the size of the missle, You would have to litterally be touched by it to die.

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
not much you can do about the arrow behind thing except make the radius smaller. id say about 50. That way, with the size of the missle, You would have to litterally be touched by it to die.

Yea...

Maybe its possible to create so if unit encounters the dummy it dies. but dunno this works well too :p

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Haha kvickan, you've got some weird, +rep for all your effort and weird/crazy idea's.

Q:

Why don't you just put all your mini games in one map?

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
haha :D

Ive thought of that but all the multiboards/leaderboards would cover the whole screen lol... I guess I'm not smart enough to solve all that ^^

But the idea is very good and if I got help with it I would definatly do it.

btw, I got many minigame ideas ^^ when i start thinking I can come up with many "Never done concepts"

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Yeah...

Off topic:

I have a four corners map I'm working on right now... if you want to just make a huge map of mini games with me let me know in a PM. :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you can always do this for the collison

make a dummy unit in the middle of the map, and have it use the skill stampeed which will spawn one arrow, then remove it after it spawns

(missle speed can be done with multiple lvls with the same skill <i think, need to check WE, WE not open atm>)
(missle angle can be done with a random real between 0 and 360, then make the dummy unit cast it in that angle)

for the hyper speed, you can just make a dummy unit cast bloodlust on the entering unit, after a while, the unit's speed shuld go back to normal (duration - units)

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
you can always do this for the collison

make a dummy unit in the middle of the map, and have it use the skill stampeed which will spawn one arrow, then remove it after it spawns

(missle speed can be done with multiple lvls with the same skill <i think, need to check WE, WE not open atm>)
(missle angle can be done with a random real between 0 and 360, then make the dummy unit cast it in that angle)

for the hyper speed, you can just make a dummy unit cast bloodlust on the entering unit, after a while, the unit's speed shuld go back to normal (duration - units)

Great! thanks alot +rep!

edit: couldn't give rep to you.. Probably given you recently :p

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
I can't really think of good ideas, the map is fine how it is now...

i think you should add a win/lose condition, each player gets 3 lives in the beggining and if you get hit by a arrow you lose a life, every 60 seconds make 2 lives come down as a unit, so you know it is a life, so then you may gain lives... do you know what i mean?

have fun!

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yea allthough I have already intregated into Mr.Tutorial and my BIG Mini games map... =)

So there it will just be simple if you die, you die. no features just dodge the arrows.. :p

In that map there will be like 50+ minigames so i better get to work lol.. ^^

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
>50+ minigames

This map is going to be better than i though, Goodluck =]

ask if you need help with making the minigames.

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
How about a minigame were there is a line that keeps rotating and u have to use an ability to hop over it.

O---------------------- <-Line

-------X---- <-You

And if you time it wrong u miss the jump and you lose.

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How about a minigame were there is a line that keeps rotating and u have to use an ability to hop over it.

O---------------------- <-Line

-------X---- <-You

And if you time it wrong u miss the jump and you lose.

Thanks for the idea =) Will make it happen :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Sewer Cleaning - There is a giant Sluge monster in the sewers, your job is to clean it up!
Everyone is eqiped with Waterguns and Grenades, The watergun reqires you to channel, this skill will damage the slime for 1 damg every .04 seconds, every time the sluge takes damg, its movement speed will slow and there is a 5% chance that a mini sluge monster will spawn from the sluge breakeing apart <these die easaly>. Also every time the sluge monster takes damage, it will be pushed back 5 warcraft units. <i really dont know what the measure is, maby pixle lol>
The grenade will deal masive damage to the creature, the blast will fling chunks of slime everywhere, when these hit, there is a 30% chance that it will be made into minor sluge monster. If the peices hit anyone, then that player dies. Depending on how close the slug monster was to the blast radius, he will be pushed from the blast radius relitive to that point.
If the monster makes contact with anyone, then that player dies. If anyone touches a mini sluge monster, then that player dies.
As the sluge monster moves, it will produce a sticky and smelly trail, whoever is close to the trail will suffer movement speed loss

Grenades will kill other players if they are in the blast raidus.
Whoever lands the last hit on the main monster will win the match.
If everyone dies, noone wins. If the last player alive TKed the person before him, then that player will receive a deduction from his current score

When you are channeling Watergun, it will drain mana <water> this can be replenished by staying close to the sides

The arena for this minigame is inside a square platform in the sewers, if you manage to push the slime off, then the slime will contaminate the water, causeing all players with contanimated water to heal the slime instead of damageing it. The contamination will last 10 seconds, if you have contanimated water you have to wait 15 seconds for it to clear out. Also if the slime is in the water it will stay there for 3 seconds, in those 3 seconds, the slime will take massive ammounts of damage, but the longer hes in the water, he will take less damg. If he ends up in contaminated water, he will be healed for a fraction of the ammount, and will reset the contamination timer.

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sewer Cleaning - There is a giant Sluge monster in the sewers, your job is to clean it up!
Everyone is eqiped with Waterguns and Grenades, The watergun reqires you to channel, this skill will damage the slime for 1 damg every .04 seconds, every time the sluge takes damg, its movement speed will slow and there is a 5% chance that a mini sluge monster will spawn from the sluge breakeing apart <these die easaly>. Also every time the sluge monster takes damage, it will be pushed back 5 warcraft units. <i really dont know what the measure is, maby pixle lol>
The grenade will deal masive damage to the creature, the blast will fling chunks of slime everywhere, when these hit, there is a 30% chance that it will be made into minor sluge monster. If the peices hit anyone, then that player dies. Depending on how close the slug monster was to the blast radius, he will be pushed from the blast radius relitive to that point.
If the monster makes contact with anyone, then that player dies. If anyone touches a mini sluge monster, then that player dies.
As the sluge monster moves, it will produce a sticky and smelly trail, whoever is close to the trail will suffer movement speed loss

Grenades will kill other players if they are in the blast raidus.
Whoever lands the last hit on the main monster will win the match.
If everyone dies, noone wins. If the last player alive TKed the person before him, then that player will receive a deduction from his current score

When you are channeling Watergun, it will drain mana <water> this can be replenished by staying close to the sides

The arena for this minigame is inside a square platform in the sewers, if you manage to push the slime off, then the slime will contaminate the water, causeing all players with contanimated water to heal the slime instead of damageing it. The contamination will last 10 seconds, if you have contanimated water you have to wait 15 seconds for it to clear out. Also if the slime is in the water it will stay there for 3 seconds, in those 3 seconds, the slime will take massive ammounts of damage, but the longer hes in the water, he will take less damg. If he ends up in contaminated water, he will be healed for a fraction of the ammount, and will reset the contamination timer.

Oh my f god! did you just think of that now? or has it been done? +rep anyways

ask if you need help with the minigames :D

the minigames part will take quite a while...

goodluck

I first want to make the base structure finnished before I start the making of the games but since Mr.Tutorial is very busy I have to wait wait wait :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.