Arrow Keys and Random Movement (was: A few questions)

Detuned

Reaction score
So I'd like know how to get to control my hero with the arrow keys. Like you do in "Just escape" (and probably some other maps). I'd also like to get a hotkey assigned to a costum hero attack so I can attack within a certain range.
And the last thing.. how to create "patterns" for the creatures on map? If I for example want them to walk randomly in a certain area.

Where to start to learn these kinds of stuff? Please help
Thanks.

Corleone

Reaction score
1) You could look at the "Sheep dodger" map to get inspiration.

2) In the object editor, if you scroll all the way down you should see "Text - Hotkey - Normal". Just change this to whatever letter you want to use.

3) Try something like this:
Trigger:
  • Random
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type YourUnit) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Random point in (Region centered at (Position of (Picked unit)) with size (500.00, 500.00)))
          • Unit Group - Remove all units from (Last created unit group)

I'm not sure how to make it leak-free in GUI, although I do know how to do it in JASS. However, I don't want to bother you with JASS, since I'm guessing you're not familiar with it.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
3) Maybe try the "wander" ability. It will make them randomly run around every few secs.

Corleone

Reaction score
3) Maybe try the "wander" ability. It will make them randomly run around every few secs.

Oh my... You just saved me quite some triggering work. Thanks, haha! I completely forgot this ability existed.

Detuned

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answers :)
So now I downloaded the arrow move, how do I get it attached to a map?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score

I've had some troubles with Wander. I was fighting a creep then suddenly it ran in a random direction. So don't give a fighting unit Wander.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.