System Arrowkey-controlled Camera

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The system hasn't been tested in a full game yet. Tested for individual players 1 and 2. It works in theory though.
Map includes unit and demo trigger, so the map can be played so you can see what I mean. This readme is also included with the map.

Fully compatible with scrollwheel zooming!

--= Readme =--

~*- Description -*~

This system can be used to enhance any map with a camera that focuses on a single unit.
It is fully MUI, allows for multiple buttons to be pressed at the same time and works for all players.
It was made in GUI to allow GUI users and beginning mapmakers to implement the system.
It was also made to be tweaked by players to their own liking. See below.

Please give credit if you use this system in your map.

~*- How To Use -*~

Copy the CameraSystem folder to your own map and delete the CameraLock trigger.
Copy all variables and their respective start values.

Make sure to set the initial camera rotation and angle of attack to respectively rlRotation and rlAoa for all players, otherwise the first rotation will make a jump.
See the CameraLock trigger in this map for an example.

Only works for locked cameras.

~*- How To Tweak -*~

You can tweak the system to your liking with the following variable start values:
- rlRotation: change the starting camera rotation for all players (Default: 0.00)
- rlAoa: change the starting camera angle of attack for all players (Default: (-45.00)
- rlRotationStep: change the number of degrees being rotated left/right per interval (Default: 1.00)
- rlAoaStep: change the number of degrees being rotated up/down per interval (Default: 1.00)
- rlAoaLimitUp: change the maximum up angle of the camera (Default: -75.00)
- rlAoaLimitDown: change the maximum down angle of the camera (Default: -10.00)
- The intensity of application can be modified by changing the period of the CameraApply trigger (Default: 0.01)
- To invert left/right, multiply rlRotationStep by -1. To invert up/down, multiply AoaStep by -1.

~*- Credit -*~

Made by Bronxernijn
Made exclusively for TheHelper.net's community

-== End of Readme =--

Changelog:
- 16/02/2009: First version uploaded
- 17/02/2009: Instructions added for inversed movement. Modified triggers a bit to make it easy.

Attachments

• CameraTestmap.w3x
    21.6 KB · Views: 234

LoveTD's

Reaction score
I like this system a lot! It is realy usefull, but I have a little question: is it possible to have the camera really close to the unit? If so, can you give me an example of how it works? :D<3

eather ways +rep for the great system!

EDIT: nevermind I changed it to my own needs :D thanks a lot for this system... maybe you shouls tell people how to make it not inverted by changing the + and the -

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
EDIT: nevermind I changed it to my own needs :D thanks a lot for this system... maybe you shouls tell people how to make it not inverted by changing the + and the -

Thanks for the great suggestion, will do! (not now, I just woke up :p)

Also, I could try to give people the choice to use the up and down arrow keys for either going up and down or for zooming.

EDIT: Inversion instructions added, modified the triggers a bit to make it easier.

Nexor

Reaction score
Nice system, but I suugest to implent a fine-tuning in the camera move.

Atm it will turn the camera only if you press it for about 0.2-0.3 seconds.
You could turn it a bit when someone presses only for a little time

LoveTD's

Reaction score
Code:
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Height Offset to ???? over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Field of view to ???? over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Distance to target to ???? over 0.00 seconds

these can be usefull to... if you want to make it first person view.. and change the camera rotation keys to like aswd keys (don't know how to do this yet :D) and use a arrow key movement system..??

(haven't tryed it though but sounds cool ^^)

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Code:
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Height Offset to ???? over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Field of view to ???? over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Set (Player(intLoop))'s camera Distance to target to ???? over 0.00 seconds

these can be usefull to... if you want to make it first person view.. and change the camera rotation keys to like aswd keys (don't know how to do this yet :D) and use a arrow key movement system..??

(haven't tryed it though but sounds cool ^^)

A first person camera perspective is a different system entirely and is not what I intended to make here. I am currently working on zooming using the up and down arrows and fine-tuning.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
yeah I saw a tutorial about camera's and I learned you need to apply instead of rotate to use first person >< sorry about that :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.