System Artificial's Recipe System

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Shoot!
I see what you're saying, Artie. Mind if I call you Artie? Thanks for the help, Artie, plus rep for Artie!

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Sorry to be a double-poster, but I have encountered problems with the system's implementation and after several frustrating days of trying, now I'm posting to see if I can get some advice.

I downloaded and ran NewGen, and then copied and pasted both triggers. It then goes error-happy. The JassHelper window then freezes, and I have to shut my map down cold for a reset. I really need an implementer :(

Darkrider

Reaction score
Hey this system is great ^^ congratz (Y)

i'll start implementing it into my map because it will make me save a lot of space in triggers and i will be able to disassemble =D

Thx a lot

Darkrider

Reaction score
Im not trying to double post. But i found some weird behavior after implementing the system...

Most of the times (not always, but many times indeed) you can't shift+pick up items, coz the hero stops the shifted actions. For ie: you want to pick up 6 items while going back to base, but the hero picks up 2 or 3 and then stops. I don't know if this is because some of the items i wanted to pick up were in the system or not (im not sure), but happened.

The other thing i found is: I ordered my hero to destroy an item (attacking it, duh!) but my hero attempted to pick it up :S... and that happened many times (also, i dont know if the item was or was not in the system)

ok, i think that's all. Thx for the system again =D

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Most of the times (not always, but many times indeed) you can't shift+pick up items, coz the hero stops the shifted actions. For ie: you want to pick up 6 items while going back to base, but the hero picks up 2 or 3 and then stops. I don't know if this is because some of the items i wanted to pick up were in the system or not (im not sure), but happened.
I'll look into this when I get access to WC. Might be the NEED_PICKUP stuff doesn't quite work with shift ordering.

I ordered my hero to destroy an item (attacking it, duh!) but my hero attempted to pick it up :S... and that happened many times (also, i dont know if the item was or was not in the system)
Oh lol, I forgot to check the command in the stuff that makes the inventory not need to be full to pick up the item. x) Should be an easy fix.

I think you should be able to fix both of these problems by setting NEED_PICKUP to false (in case you don't really need that functionality). I'll try to fix these things when I get access to WC, though. Thanks for noting. =)

Darkrider

Reaction score
Np ^^

yes, well, it is not THAAAT necessary, but i like it :p. I'll test after your fix and see if the game responds well, after that i'll decide if i use it or not :p

Darkrider

Reaction score
Ive been trying to make this thing of buying an item when your inventory is full...

so i took a few looks at DotA and it seems (as far as i could see) that their shops are not really shops, they are allied units with abilities that looks like items. When you buy something, the item is created and the hero is ordered to pick that item. If we do the maths, your system will try to pick that item and then create the item in the inventory as normal (you cant buy an item, even if it is a rune, with your inventory full)

am i correct? or im just hallucinating?

but the part i can't understand is

If they are abilities... how to make them look like this

Dibujo-6.jpg

while abilities have the little mana icon

RaiJin

Reaction score
is this compatiable with 1.24? because i tried it and it didn't work :/

still a good recipe system though

Darkrider

Reaction score
they are charge gold abilities and you can change their order id (the little gold icons appears with that skill)

But i can't figure out how to detect the triggering player of the ability instead of the owner of the triggering unit :/

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
v0.7b

Code:
Fixed 1.24 compatibility issues (stupid patch). Remember to update your Table as well.
Fixed some bugs with the NEED_PICK_UP stuff.
 When NEED_PICK_UP is true and a unit with full inventory is ordered 
 to pick up an item that's too far away for it to pick up, it won't 
 automatically be ordered to move to the item anymore. (This had
 to be done to fix a bug.)

I'm also planning to recode this (though I might just be too lazy to do so), so if you have any ideas for functionality to add/remove/modify/etc, now'd be a good time to do so.

@Darkrider
What I heard quite a while ago is that DotA doesn't use abilities, but buying units instead of buying items. Anyway, I think the WEHZ is the correct place for that conversation, not this thread (as this system isn't related to buying items when your inventory is full).

Darkrider

Reaction score
actually... after hours and lots of tries test and etc... i could make your system to work with runes and full inventories to create items. But I had to use one of the bugs i mentioned xD... ill post my triggers here for you to see (perhaps you come out with an idea :O)

Trigger:
  • Transfer Rune to Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer V[56]) from 1 to Max_Items, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Item_Rune[V[56]]
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Create ItemStorement[V[56]] and give it to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Right-Click (Last created item)
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Once (Last created item)
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions

In this trigger what i do is: When my hero buys a rune (from shops) it actually uses the rune and can buy it even with its inventory full... so as the rune is removed automatically then i create the item the player wanted to buy and give it to the hero.
Actually i know that
Trigger:
doesn't pick up the item, while
Trigger:
does... (so i order the hero to stop for it not to destroy the item).

with this simple actions i made your system to create items with full inventory buying from shop. it is not a 100% but an acceptable 90%

The only problem with this is that: If a player really wants to destroy an item, the hero will attempt to pick it up... so far, i cant fix this :p

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
    • Skip remaining actions

You could change that part to
Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Custom script: call RecipeSYS_Combine(bj_lastCreatedItem, GetTriggerUnit())
    • Skip remaining actions

Then you don't need to use the attack-pickup bug.

Darkrider

Reaction score
hahahha now this is a funny bug xD

ive been playing around with items and a system that is in my map to move items from hero inventories to a region in map... and i discovered a funny bug in recSYS xD

pick up a couple of items shifting and not shifting to pick them up, now move the items inside your inventory with right click and clicking other items, and you will notice that your hero moves by it self to one of the positions where your shifted items used to be. What tells me that there might be a location leak too besides this bug

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
You're not using 0.7b, are you? I think I know what the bug is caused by if you're using 0.7, but that's been fixed in 0.7b.

Anyway, to fix it, you could try changing the line
JASS:
if GetOrderTargetItem() == null then

(just CTRL + F it) to

Haven't tested that, though, so it might not fix it. ;p

> there might be a location leak
There ain't. It's just that when you do GetItemX/Y for an item that's carried by a unit, it gives the X/Y of the location the item was picked up in.

Darkrider

Reaction score
oh, very well then ^^

yes, i was using system 0.7 :p

EDIT: yes, seems that condition fixed it ^^ thy

shiFt

Reaction score
Could someone please post example usage of the disassemble function, I cant seem to get it to work.

shiFt

Reaction score
this is what I made to test the function but no avail? Also I edited in the code to drop at the unit "u"s x y

EDIT

Working :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.