General As the crowd roars, cage fighters aged 8 and 9 do battle

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-2040005-0E06B5C500000578-440_634x350.jpg

Police will take no action against the organisers of 'barbaric' cage fighting involving children as young as eight, it was confirmed today.

Concerns were raised about whether two boys were put at risk by taking part in a bout at Greenlands Labour Club in Preston, Lancashire, in front of a 250-strong adult audience.

But a spokesman for Lancashire Police said today the force had 'looked into this matter fully and there are no issues for us to pursue'.

Kicking, shoving and grappling each other to the floor, the youngsters were filmed competing in cage fighting contests in front of a baying mob of hundreds of adults enjoying a night’s entertainment.

These shocking images show the primary school-age boys fighting with no padding, headguards or protection of any kind in what critics have described as ‘like a circus performance’.

Read more here.

[video=youtube;e4rTB0zhsNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rTB0zhsNs&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rTB0zhsNs&feature=player_embedded#!

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
who normal guy will pay to see children fighting??
that happens everywhere

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
who normal guy will pay to see children fighting??
that happens everywhere

Who knows? I guess people that are REALLY into MMA?

I wonder if their parents signed their kids off to do this. Would it be legal then? Tbh, if the fight is monitored by a ref like it looks like it is, then I see nothing wrong with the two kids going at it. It'd be a monitored sport, then!

I'd prefer watching trained adults, imo. They'd do better fighting techniques.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
We'd do stuff like this with friends in the backyard or at school (fight each other I mean), it's just kids being kids taken to a little more extreme level.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Father-of-three Nick Hartley, 33, whose nine-year-old son Kian fought at the social club, defended the event. ‘None of the children were ever in danger,’ he claimed. ‘There is no harm in cage fighting at all.
‘If he wasn’t cage fighting, he would probably be chucking stones at buses and giving people grief. But now he has learned some respect and he would rather go training than play out.’
Isn't it just a tiny bit drastic to make him cage fight as opposed to, say, exercising proper discipline at home? If cage fighting it the only alternative in your mind then I would question you as a parent to be honest.

When it comes down to it, I can understand giving a child lessons in other martial arts such as Karate, where they spar against each other after time, but when you're putting on full grapple fights - for other adult's entertainment - then I don't exactly think that's a good idea for such young kids.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Isn't it just a tiny bit drastic to make him cage fight as opposed to, say, exercising proper discipline at home? If cage fighting it the only alternative in your mind then I would question you as a parent to be honest.

When it comes down to it, I can understand giving a child lessons in other martial arts such as Karate, where they spar against each other after time, but when you're putting on full grapple fights - for other adult's entertainment - then I don't exactly think that's a good idea for such young kids.

Meh, it doesn't look like it's that bad. I mean they aren't actually hurting each other that bad, my friends and I did the same thing when I was younger, minus the cage and include a trampoline.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I agree with Wiseman_2 on this one. Karate teaches discipline and restraint as well as respect and control (self defense). These kids are just going all out at each other in a cage without any structure or discipline involved (at least it's what it seems like). I hope that they don't get the wrong idea about what makes a man tough when they get older. I can see them causing a lot of fights and getting into trouble because their minds aren't where they should be when it comes to this stuff. Let's hope not for their sake.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Tbh I don't see any problem with this, except it may make kids more violent when they grow up (but we just have to wait and see).

The parents aren't forcing the kids to fight, the kids like doing it.

Actually when you think about it, it's much higher chance that your kid will get hurt/killed on his way to school, than in this cage.

But yeah, it's a bit wrong that adults stand there and watch kids fight.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I remember it being on the news a few days ago!
Apparently, this is legal but some big-shot association does not condone it.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The parents aren't forcing the kids to fight, the kids like doing it.
Well, what do you say about this? (A source at the Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘A young child being forced to take part in any violent sport could constitute child cruelty.)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Well, what do you say about this? (A source at the Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘A young child being forced to take part in any violent sport could constitute child cruelty.)

Yes, so how are they going to prove force?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.