Ask a Beta Player

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while, but since I got into the Diablo 3 beta, I figured I'd come over and answer and questions you guys might have. I've completed the beta with all 5 classes, so if you have any questions about the beta, feel free to ask.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Do you like the red outline when you attack mobs? It looks annoying from the videos I've watched, but what do you think?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I haven't noticed it at all, actually. I'll look for it next time I play, but I suspect that it's a matter of, when you cause it yourself, it just feels natural.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Does Diablo 3 have more skills (counting that runed skills are different from the base skill) per character than Diablo 2?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Does Diablo 3 have more skills (counting that runed skills are different from the base skill) per character than Diablo 2?

Yes, and by quite a lot. Using the Barbarian as an example, he has 20 active skills and 10 passive skills in Diablo 2, for a total of 30 unique skills. In Diablo 3, the barbarian has 22 active skills and 15 passive skills, for a total of 37. If you include runed skills, that's another 5 skills for each active skill, or 110 skills. Added to the default skills, that's a total of 147 unique skills just for the Barbarian. Each runed skill even has it's own art and many of them are very different from the base skill. (though most skills have at least one rune that just increases it's effects significantly)

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Will there be another closed beta? I heard there's a friends and family beta and a regular beta, so are they the same thing? What do you think about the wizards, are they badass?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Will there be another closed beta? I heard there's a friends and family beta and a regular beta, so are they the same thing??

they are the same thing (ff and closed). FF Beta is the regular closed beta only that friends and family of blizz employees got invites, and REALLY REALLY SOON like this week soon the closed beta should start (therefore same exact thing but ff get invites sooner. just like the MoH pre-order 2 day earlier beta on bf3). right now only FF beta is goin on tho

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
What do you think about the wizards, are they badass?

I'm not all that much for casting classes, but from what I've seen so far, the wizard is quite fun. My favorite ability for her right now is Electrocute, which is a chain lightning ability that arcs between 3 monsters. The cool part is that it casts extremely quickly, and it also arcs between destructibles such as barrels and tables and such, making it a great all-around tool for clearing dungeons of everything. Combined with the Companion Scroll to have a little critter pick up your gold for you, it really saves a lot of time. Spectral Blade is also fun to use and fairly effective. Shock Pulse is fun and random, but not as practical as most other abilities.

Unfortunately, the really cool spells don't seem to come in until level 11-12, when you get Energy Twister and Disintegrate. Both of those look like they're a lot of fun to play around with, so I definitely want to get my wizard high enough to play around with that at some point.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
And how high a level can you get in the beta. After you kill the Skeleton King, how much more can you level?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
And how high a level can you get in the beta. After you kill the Skeleton King, how much more can you level?

Most of my characters got to the Skeleton king at around level 8-9, though you can get there faster or take more time and get there at a higher level. After the Skeleton King, you can re-do the final quest as many times as you want, gaining more and more XP. I don't know if there's a level cap, but I doubt you could get much higher than 14-15 or so. My highest level character right now is level 12.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Most of my characters got to the Skeleton king at around level 8-9, though you can get there faster or take more time and get there at a higher level. After the Skeleton King, you can re-do the final quest as many times as you want, gaining more and more XP. I don't know if there's a level cap, but I doubt you could get much higher than 14-15 or so. My highest level character right now is level 12.

13 is the cap if memory serves me right

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
confirmation?

I haven't gotten a character to 13 yet (level 12 is my highest so far), but I've heard that number thrown around a few times as well, in-game and out.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Have you found any awesome shiny loot?

I found one legendary, if that's what you're asking. I won't spoil what it is, though, as I suspect it's the only legendary you can get in the first act. You'll know it when you see it.

Other than that, I've gotten a handful or Rares, mostly from the Skeleton King, who drops 2-3 when you kill him, though only the first time you kill him. (after that, he drops mostly magic items and a rare or two if you're really lucky and/or have a ton of magic find gear)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.