Aspect TD

Reaction score
This is a new map that I've been working on for a few weeks now.
It's a solo TD, but whether or not its going to be a race or survivor, is yet to be decided, since I haven't started triggering indepth yet.

The whole premise of Aspect TD is in the choice of tower you wish to "unlock" via research. That is to say, you start off being able to build no towers at all, but as the game progresses and you accumulate more money, the more tech/higher tech you can unlock for yourself.
All towers are free, and are limited by a food cap, so all gold you gain is directed into whatever tech you want.
There are 3 types of towers: Normal towers, such as the standard arrow tower, cannon tower etc. Special towers, towers with status effects, and Traps.
Each kind of tower has 11 types in each tree, and each tree will cross-over and overlap to combine and create the higher level towers in each kind.
On top of all of this, you can, if you wish, choose to upgrade your towers "Aspect level" instead, increasing damage, range, rate of fire etc. Once this is researched, existing towers can be upgraded into their higher Aspects, which is also free.
As i mentioned before, towers are limited by a food cap, intially at 10, this can also be increased via a tech as well.

As for tower vs creep mechanics, there will be 40 waves of 20 creep (subject to change), where armour types will play no part (also subject to change) with towers dealing full damage to all creep. Creep will also have the usual "special" waves, being spell immune, fast, split, evasion, tank and boss.

Thats about it for now.. I think I've mentioned all that i wanted.. If you've got any questions feel free to ask.
As for the stage of development of which the map is at, it will be ready for a very beta test in the next week or 2. All creep and towers are mapped out, and just need to be created, while triggering is yet to be started.
I'll post a screenshot of the terrain when i get the chance, its kind of boring at the moment, but I'll fix it at a later stage.

As I said before, any comments or questions feel free to post em up!
Thanks for reading :D

EDIT::
aspectmazepy2.png

Heres the screenie of the path. Kinda plain i know, but it'll do for now. =)

The beta version is attached below...

Attachments

• Aspect TD vBeta-A.w3x
    58.9 KB · Views: 121

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i like the idea.... dont really have much comments yet because theres nothing to comment on... exept for the idea which i like

a suggestion

because there are specalties in techs, you can have it so for each research under a tech, that tech will give all towers gained though that tech extra damage (combination towers get extra damage from both techs), or if not damage, then something like slightly upgradeing their abilities <just a crazy idea>

and if theres even more gold, then the player could upgrade a single tower in terms of atkspd, and or attack (applies for that tower only)

ill keep my eye on this one

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I like the idea alot (and having gotten sick of almost every good TD out there at the moment, I'm looking forward to it :p).

Few questions:
1. Can you replace towers? If so, is there a penalty or something on it or can you just replace anything you want at any time?

2. What exactly are the aspects? By that I mean...like elements, or something? Fire water etc... or something else?

3. Why no armour types? Theres a tonne of reasons I can think for this game to not have them, just wondering which one is right :p.

And finally: What do you mean by "at the start you won't be able to build any towers at all?" >.<

Good luck with the map, looking forward to see how it turns out ;d.

Reaction score
because there are specalties in techs, you can have it so for each research under a tech, that tech will give all towers gained though that tech extra damage (combination towers get extra damage from both techs), or if not damage, then something like slightly upgradeing their abilities <just a crazy idea>

and if theres even more gold, then the player could upgrade a single tower in terms of atkspd, and or attack (applies for that tower only)

I like your first idea. I'll probably save it up for later, since I'm not sure exactly how the balance will work out yet..

I'm trying to keep gold low, so you can't just tech every single tower, kinda forcing you to make some sort of strategy like, using stun traps and faster shooting towers around the loops for example.

I like the idea alot (and having gotten sick of almost every good TD out there at the moment, I'm looking forward to it :p).

Few questions:
1. Can you replace towers? If so, is there a penalty or something on it or can you just replace anything you want at any time?

2. What exactly are the aspects? By that I mean...like elements, or something? Fire water etc... or something else?

3. Why no armour types? Theres a tonne of reasons I can think for this game to not have them, just wondering which one is right :p.

And finally: What do you mean by "at the start you won't be able to build any towers at all?" >.<

Good luck with the map, looking forward to see how it turns out ;d.

1. Since towers are free, you can sell/demolish them to free up food cap, then build something else, so you're maze can be fairly free form.

2. The "Aspects" are basically blue prints or tech levels depending... To be able to build a tower, you must first research its "Aspect" [or blue print]. After doing so, you will be able to build the tower for free, and as many times as your food cap will allow. It will also help you get to the higher level towers.
As for "Aspect Levels", they are the tech levels. For example, when you first start out all your towers will be "Aspect level 1" and cannot be upgraded to a higher "Aspect level" till it is researched. So say, I research the Arrow tower.
When I first build it, it will be "Arrow Tower [Aspect 1]". Then upgrading it, it will become "Arrow Tower [Aspect 2]" and so forth.
Just as a note, I should mention that an arrow tower will not upgrade to a cannon tower, even if it contributed to gaining that research. [not that it does :p]

Does it make sense? if not i'll try and clarify further.

3. As for no armour types, I just really wanted to have it so you can play how YOU want, not how the game determines it, ie. having to counter certain armour types.

4. What i mean by "at the start you won't be able to build any towers at all?" is exactly what it means. :p At the VERY start of the game, you are given a small amount of gold, a builder and research centres. The builder will not be able to build ANY towers, until you research their "Aspect" [or blue print] with the gold you are initially given. So with that small amount of gold, you will be able to research 1 or 2 towers [haven't decided yet] to defend you maze.

I hope I cleared somethings up for you, instead of making it more confusing.. =/ and thanks for the comments.

Reaction score
Finally got it done...
Initial release is out now, it is attached to the first post.

Pretty much everything is subject to change as suggestions come in, so don't hold back.
Gameplay and balance suggestions are appreciated as well as bug notifications and any other kind of suggestion.
Comments are ofcourse also welcome.

I've balanced a little, and smoothed some glaring bugs out, but there are probably more that I've overlooked... Anyhow, have fun.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Well, I played your TD. I found it to be quite interesting, but there was one thing that annoyed me. You can only build 10 towers unless you buy a relatively costly upgrade. You really can't improve your towers and still be able to have more than 10 of them at the same time because of the slow income rate. Other than that, I like it.

Good luck :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback =)

Did you manage to get through all 40 levels?
Did you find it too easy/hard? not challenging/challenging enough?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't get past level 8, I think it was... I'm probably not too good at TDs, and I chose the wrong initial set up to get past all 40 levels. I think that before you actually start, you should have a small tutorial about what to do and how to do it. If not at the start, then as a quest, like in Element TD or DotA. I like it a lot, otherwise :D

P.S. When the builder finished building something, his building animation doesn't stop unless you move him. Not that that impacts the game terribly, but it looks a bit strange :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.