System Assistance System 1.20

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I need help with your system and how to import it :S I've imported you assistance trigger but the other player thing, where shouöd i import that to a trigger or what ? because when i just import everything to a trigger, i get an error in NEWGEN that say like "Outside function" or something in the Color trigger and then i get a thing with the library in the other trigger plzease help!

S

saif3r

emjlr3, what u think about alliance add?
like:
[Horde] saif3r the Paladin killed [Alliance] emjlr3 the Blizz Sorc ...
can u give me a clue how to made it ?
cuz in my map i got two sides, ally and horde which fighting against each other
btw, its a pretty nice system, just what i wanted ^^ thanks.

Knif3Point

Reaction score
IT wont work for me =[

i start the map in "Local" and it kicks me back to the main screen wen i try it..
so i tried going through WE and it just takes me to the main menu =[

ANY IDEAS?

Reaction score
You're probably not saving your map properly. Make sure you use the File > Save (Ctrl+S) command before testing your map, otherwise it will save in an incomplete state and will need to be resaved.

S

saif3r

it doesnt work, when i try to run ur map, it returns to 'chose map' screen, when i paste it to my map, editor finding many errors. how to fix it ? : <

S

saif3r

how exactly to register a unit ?
i tried:AssistanceSystem_Register(paladin)
but i got suntax error while saving...

//sorry for double post, it wasnt with premeditation.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
is paladin a globa, a local, or something made up?

S

saif3r

maybe ill ask in different way, what sould i put instead ot "paladin"? point-value of hero?

emjlr3

Reaction score
what is your hero stored as?

S

saif3r

i dont understand... those are default heroes of game. can't i use point value of heroes ?

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Only tested it for a second, but cool..useful.

One thing though...the messages are lame. What I would do is make it easy for users to customize their own messages, maybe in an array so a random message can be picked.

Ex:

Code:
// %kp = killing player
// %dp = dying player
// %ap = assisting player
// and so on..

// users make their own messages...
kill_messages_assist[0] = "%kp has slaughtered %dp with the help of %ap."
kill_messages_noassist[0] = "%dp died at %kp's feet."

Other than that, there's not much to the system (not a bad thing necessarily). It seems to work, so that's it :thup:

Now that I'm thinking about this, I may do something similar. Not to trump yours of course :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
this is an assistance system not a hero killer announcer

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Well...you're displaying hero kill messages, so in a way it is..

Currently, without editing your system, it becomes unusable if I don't want those particular messages or none at all.

Works well for what it does, but it has limited functionality and customization and thus, less application. I think you mentioned that you made it for yourself, which is fine, but I would change it if I were to release it (and felt like spending a bit more time on it). Just my two cents.

Also: Your test map doesn't compile (in my version of NewGen...not sure if there's a new one). In the library declaration, there's a comma that shouldn't be there.

emjlr3

Reaction score
check the main trigger, or one of them, which is what is showing hero kills (just seeing osmething for assists would be stupid w/o knowing a hero has died), I am pretty sure that is explained somewhere

there's a comma that shouldn't be there.

Vex decided to change the syntax a few releases ago, this hasn't been updated to comply

Works well for what it does, but it has limited functionality and customization and thus, less application

how would you change the assistance message - I feel its optimal, anyone who needs different can easily change that within the system - with a few minutes of work

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I only say that because I know there are systems out there that record killing sprees and such, and if I wanted to use this (for assists) and the other, it wouldn't work seamlessly, as there would be messages from both systems on kills/deaths.

Yes, I could edit the message if I wanted, but not everyone can. I just personally like to allow for easy customization :thup:

emjlr3

Reaction score
no there wouldn't - the system only displays assists - try reading it once

btw- i just looked back at the code, and the message is completely customizable.....

k0sA

Reaction score
What could I do to use my own trigger to print text, move units, calculate multiboards etc. when a unit dies?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.