Atari VCS Atari VCS vs Atari Pi

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
so, the video is good, but I am going to say this as an owner of the VCS. The VCS is not a ps5 or xbox series s, and they don't claim it to be. The processor in it, is probably not terrible compared to like a ps4 or an xbox one, but lack of video processor keeps it from being in these categories. That being said, the ability to run, windows, linux, I think people have even put android os on it gives so much flexability. You can watch my youtube videos and see how it does playing like need for speed remastered or wolfenstein tempest and stuff like that. Because I can install an os, i can put emulators for pretty much anything I want on it, except Nuon I guess. lol. The system has so much flexability and it looks good on an entertainment center. Lots of steam games will play on this, lots of emulators, and probably stuff I have not even thought of. The flexability of being able to use pc controllers, xbox controllers, ps4 controllers and many more is great. To me the vcs is certainly worth the money to me. That being said I am an Atari Junkie

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been addicted to Atari since the 2600 when I was kiddo under the tree for Christmas. I still have an Atari Jaguar.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a jag, a jag cd, pro controller and memory cartridge. My favorite game for the system is NBA Jam. I used to have everything but I sold it all off except for a few things.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have about 55 games for jag and jag cd I think, My favorite is probably Wolfenstein but i love nba jam, alien and tempest too

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.