Attaching weapon

Darkonight

Reaction score
Well... Can't figure out how to get this to work! :O Have this cool RPGVillager that i downloaded.. and when trying him out I noticed that he attacks like he carries a weapon (Even tho he doest).. So I'm thinking, Let's import a weapon for this guy! :O So i Import this small Axe for him to use when attacking and it just won't show... the axe just wont show... Tried doing it by Ability and trigger... Can someone show me a trigger of how It is done :O Please

Found axe: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/axt-50152/?prev=of=rating&t=7&r=20&d=list&page=2

Found RPGVillager: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...lager-64170/?prev=search=Villager&d=list&r=20

Last trigger:
Trigger:
  • Axe on Male
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Male
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,right of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported\axe.MDX

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Change the 'Map Initialization' to 'Unit - A unit enters playable map area'.
Other than that, make sure you read and import the weapon model correctly.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Last trigger:
Trigger:
  • Axe on Male
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Male
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,right of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported\axe.MDX

There is no "Triggering Unit" for event "Map Initialization", what do you suppose it would be? o_O

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Also, you shouldn't use special effects for attachments. As I've noticed they're somehow bugged - even if you destroy them, they will remain on the unit for some reason...
Create a dummy ability based on Sphere. Remove the missile effect modifier, and edit the "target art" part. Upon entering the map, add it to the unit. That way you can easily remove, change it, if you want.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Maybe the effect doesn't have a "death" animation? That can cause effects to remain after they should have "died".

Try the Item Armor Bonus abilities. Just edit one field and it becomes the perfect base for attachments.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Most attachment models don't have death animations (neither stand). I thought that it's the buggy part, but I think a model without a death anim should be instantly removed.... however it's still WC3, nothing works as it should do.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
to use special effects that can be removed from a unit you must put them on an ability inside a disabled spellbook, this will add the ability to the unit without taking up a slot and it will make it so that when the ability is disabled the effect is removed this is also a great way to add weapon effects and things of that sort to units

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Why would you need a spellbook? Use Sphere. Its icon is already invisible, but the model will appear on the unit.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Its icon is already invisible, but the model will appear on the unit.
Same goes for every Item Armor Bonus (Integer from 1 - 10) ability. All you have to do is change the Data - Armor Bonus field so that there isn't any bonus, and the rest of the ability can be used to add attachments.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.