Other Attack on the Royals!

troyboy

Reaction score
My map that i have been working on, a little bit each day,for the last 6 months, is near completion. (hoping to have it done by christmas).Im hoping to put it out to The Helper Forums, to get feedback, find leaks and bugs etc.

----About the Map----
-OBJECTIVES-
The main aim of the game, is to kill the royal people on the opposing team.
Each team has 4 royals, and they are all unique.
In later versions i will be adding alternative objectives, such as getting X hero kills for victory, but for now lets stay on topic.
-TEAMS-
There are only 2 teams and they are.
THE RESISTANCE
The loyal people (NE and Humans), are concerned with keeping justice and peace in the world.
They have these royals.
King Arthas - Has hammer abilities
King Malfurion - Summoning trees abilities.
Queen Ashara - Poison Abilities.
Queen Jaina - Healing abilities.
THE HOSTILES
As you would expect, the evil team is made up of the orcs and the undead.They are trying to kill the royals of the resistance only out of spite.
They have these royals.
King Thrall - Wolf Abilites.
King Magtheridon - Fire and skeletal abilities
Queen Lich (i know shes a he but w/e) - Has frost abilities
Queen Sunflash - Fire Abilities.

Each player is able to choose 1 hero each,and must level it up by defeating creeps. The heroes are pretty much all unique, with most of them made by me, only some abilities and models by others, which get credits in the map.

Hopefully people on TheHelper will show some interest in the map, and ill upload what i have so far for you!

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Sounds cool, are the royals counted as structures, npc controlled heroes or player controlled heroes?

Your screenshot attachments didnt work, I suggest you create a www.photobucket.com account, upload the pictures there and then copy and paste the [ img ] tags (text link) in your thread. The pictures will load in the thread automatically then

Charapanga

Reaction score
Bug #1 Sonny gets timed life when he calls the priests..
Bug #2 Tanjaro gets 5 illusions instead of 3 when he uses his Mirror image skill (lvl1)
Bug #3 Sonny's Guards permanent?
Bug #4 Lower lanes don't have spawns...
Bug #5 How can i get gold?

They all might not be bugs, but the things i noticed...

troyboy

Reaction score
Replies to the comments

Sounds cool, are the royals counted as structures, npc controlled heroes or player controlled heroes?

Your screenshot attachments didnt work, I suggest you create a www.photobucket.com account, upload the pictures there and then copy and paste the [ img ] tags (text link) in your thread. The pictures will load in the thread automatically then
1 - The royals are just units, with models of heroes, controlled by npc. The npc are not AI though. They only defend there little place, and i will trigger the spells later.
2 - Well the screenshots are not important,as it doesnt show much at all, but if i get some spare time i may do the photobucket stuff.

Bug #1 Sonny gets timed life when he calls the priests..
Bug #2 Tanjaro gets 5 illusions instead of 3 when he uses his Mirror image skill (lvl1)
Bug #3 Sonny's Guards permanent?
Bug #4 Lower lanes don't have spawns...
Bug #5 How can i get gold?

They all might not be bugs, but the things i noticed...
1 - fixed
2 - fixed
3 - fixed
4 - fixed
5 - Will set up bounty when i figure out how. Any tips?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Player - Player Flag, turn bounty on? something like that, do it for all players

troyboy

Reaction score
Well heres my attempt at turning bounty on and a few other things.WIll it work?

Code:
Beggining Gold
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Set (Picked player) Current gold to 750
                Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Picked player)
                Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for (Picked player)

troyboy

Reaction score
Excellent.

Now i need more help, regarding reviving heroes.

I want it to be like the dota reviving system.which is that when you die, a timer is created for you. The timer shows how long until u will be revived. The ammount of time till u rez increases per level...any ideas how to trigger this?

nvm solved this.

troyboy

Reaction score
Progress report!!!

Terrain - 100%
Map Triggers (not spells) - 100%
Heroes - 50%
Items - 0%
Balance - 100%

Currently i have a 14 heroes working , and roughly 12 heroes non working atm.
I am now concentrating all my efforts on getting the heroes operational, hoping to have about 30 heroes in total (completely working) by Christmas Day.

Then I will begin making items.

---Regarding Items.---
Obviously the basics will be included, such as boots of speed, scrolls etc.
But I will be in need of creative ideas for items, and if you could help then:thup:
Ideas can (prefrably) be funny.

Thanks and just letting you know this project isnt dead :p

troyboy

Reaction score
i will need some beta testers for this game tomoro. anyone keen on giving assistance is much appreciated. about this time tomoro will be the test time.

Will need about 9 people to assist in the test, i will host on b.net in us west.

will be back same time tomro.

Royals Ticke

Reaction score
Great! I hope that the game went well. I would love to see updates on this game. I hope that you could also post screen shots of the game and any kind of update that would help us, the players. Thanks for sharing this information. Nice post.

Royals Tickets

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.