Attacking Even- condition problem

NBalfa

Reaction score
I know that many of u are familiar with the event and with condition
A unit is being attacked
attacking unit equal to...
the problem with this one is that the trigger works even if you decide not to attack the unit
for ex if you will make as an action to deal 10000 damage to the attacked unit and the attacker is a ranged one , the attacked one will die before the misle reaches it.

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
The event you need to use is Unit - No unit Takes damage event, since it only fires when a unit gets hit by an attack, using it however is tedious since it has no A generic unit event and must be added individually for each unit.

hopy

Reaction score
I know that many of u are familiar with the event and with condition
A unit is being attacked
attacking unit equal to...
the problem with this one is that the trigger works even if you decide not to attack the unit
for ex if you will make as an action to deal 10000 damage to the attacked unit and the attacker is a ranged one , the attacked one will die before the misle reaches it.

A unit is being attacked triggers when the unit starts the swing, and not when the swing hits.
The only way to solve this is to use a 'Damage Detection System' which can detect when (and how much) damage a unit gets, so you can start a trigger based on when the unit gets damaged rather than when the attack starts.

You can get the damage detection system over here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-friendly-damage-detection-v1-2-1-a-149098/

I believe it has a bit of a guide in it, that can show you how it works and how to use it. But you might have to practis a bit if you're new at this. I know a lot of people here use this so you could always ask for help, I haven't used it yet myself though. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.