Attention! Map Partnership!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ah, then I was wrong, I was under the assumption...

Nevermind. It was a wrong assumption, not going to keep to it.

Sorry SJM.

S

salempc

To start a map you need an idea first. It would be good if you could tell us what you have in mind, as I am prohect-less, I might help you, but not fully, lets say a good 25% or so, I don't need any money.

S

SJM

Description of Map

Ok I really havent decided how I'm going to do Tilset terrian so far I just have one that looks like regualr Tree Tag X2. I got the units I want which are a mini demon-like on fire then I got the 3 "Fire Stoppers" which is the other elementals (Earth,Air,Water). Then I going to make some buildings, units w/ buildings, etc. This is basicly Tree Tag X2 Taken to a whole new level I know I know my descrption sound just like a regular game of Tree Tag but it going to be alot better. The whole little theme I have picked out is Fire goes back to its evil ways again and the other elementals (earth,air,water) have to try and stop the fire before he burns the forest down. Funny thing is if this map does will I already know what I doing for next version which is have him take over a town, the 3rd version Polar icecaps to melt over the whole world. BUT for now I need to focus on getting the first one done right.

-Just a reminder of what I mainly need: Someone that knows JASS and good at normal triggers to (I can do most of them but there proboley will be several I dont know or need JASS for, another thing is I dont want to CLOG up forums with all my question then other people wont get a good chance to get theirs answer or mine wont be anwsered as good as I want or at all) then I need someone good at making ceinmatics,I may need help with some of terrian too. Best I could have is someone that can do all 4.

-I fell so :nuts:

Kenak

Reaction score
If you need help with all of that I suggest you try learning more about the WE or not give 50% credit for yourself when you aren't even doing 50% of the work.

S

SJM

Whoa!

WTH you saying

Doing most of triggers myself, terrian, units, doodads, imports, most ideas isn't more than 50% ?!?! Im being nice...very nice giving helper 45%

Sargon

Reaction score
SJM said:
WTH you saying

Doing most of triggers myself, terrian, units, doodads, imports, most ideas isn't more than 50% ?!?! Im being nice...very nice giving helper 45%

Here's a math lesson for you. Triggers, terrain, units, doodads, ideas. 5 sections (imports is tiny, so I'm leaving it out). You're doing most of 1 (triggers) and part of another (ideas). So between the two, you're doing the equivalent of one section. That's 1 out of 5. That's 20%. You're doing 20% of the map, and saying that you're being "nice...very nice" by giving your partner 45% credit.

Even if your map is trigger-heavy, you'll still only be doing at most 35% of the map. Units is huge, as is terrain, if you want it to actually look good.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I think he said he was doing (or did) terrain too, so that counts, but otherwise yes. Anyway I could help out with triggers only and no money or I won't help (that should be a policy, heh were makin a union here all of a sudden! :p ). even if I can't help ui have a few ideas, the different elements should have different powers, like earth is good at taking hits, and can make lots of buildings with walls and stuff, air is good at subtle stuff, cant make many buildings but has lots of magic like invisibility, tornado, buffs/debuffs, and water is good at healing and support, (like a preist i guess, but more in buffs than healing) and then fire would be good at dealiong damage, but since it's its own force you would buff it and make it harder to kill too. Also I reccomend not using the treants or infernals or a forest as this would make it into a veritable tree tag clone (maybe make it so theres different places other than a forest, like a desert, town, glacier, ocean, plains, etc. as well as te forest, making it broader and more "epic")

S

SJM

Let me state again

Ok ill put in 20% encroments...

Terrian 20% (18.5% + me)
Triggers 20% (Id say 16.5% me)
Editing spells 20% (Full 18.5 + %....unless trigger involved then may need help)
Editing units 20% (Full)
Importing, ideas, other 20% ( 15% + me)

So around 88.5% of work is done by me (refering to a question/statement ahwile back about me wanting fame for this map I garntee that I dont mind sharing alot of credit with other people so I just not getting the credit, etc. anyway so dont be telling me that they are doing way more work then me)

NOTE: take this for example I bet most maybe bit less then most dont included Helper.net in the credits of there map.

S

SJM

Like Ideas

Wow I sure am getting severl people to help on this map thanx alot for ideas AgentPaper you others, I like the idea of spliting map up into different modes (Ice/Cold part, Town, Forest, etc.)

Rad

Reaction score
Someone paid me 80 bucks to make them a single player RPG, and nobody knew of it untill now :p Nuff said no you may not see it

Kenak

Reaction score
So if you have "16.5%" of the terrain done (when compared to 20%), why not just do the rest? And cinimatics are triggers to, so I guess you're doing those? If you cannot do a simple cinimatic (and there are plenty of camera/cinimatic tutorials on this site), how can you do the majority of the other triggers involved in this game? Sorry, it just sounds like you want somebody to make the map for you, and you're giving 45% credit to them.

Please list what you need done then somebody can actually tell you if they can help or not.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
just ignore the whole percentage thing, you can figure out who did what AFTER you make the map. Personally you could not even list me and I wouldn't give a rats :eek: ss. Anyway can we get on to more contructive discussions now? Something along the lines of what is done and what needs to be done and whos going to do it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to help (for free).

To make a map, as said above, you need an idea, i mostly watch something or plan something out to get an idea.

You then need to develop that idea, work on it and get rd of any not so good parts of the map.

When you come to update your map, only add new features if you think all you're previous updates have all the bug fixes.

As for the fame part, you would need a team of professional mappers with professional skills and standards, then your team would be able to do anything you need to happen in the map to create brilliant gameplay, excellent style, and good fun :).

I mostly make maps for fun and for people's fun (i hardly made any), but if your team and game is good enough, your game could be better than DotA, or if you're really good, AWA :p.

Best wishes, good luck :).

~Jindo

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I mostly make maps for fun and for people's fun (i hardly made any), but if your team and game is good enough, your game could be better than DotA, or if you're really good, AWA .
ANYTHING is better than DotA :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.