Attribute distribution system

Alvin

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked around for what i want, but haven't seen any thing I can use. What I want, is an attribute system where you can choose which attribute you want to increase, from a button in a spellbook...

All I can think of is to let the player pick an ability to learn to the hero, remove the ability and give the hero a permanent attribute increase. :banghead:

I have already made the system with dialog buttons. And I am sure I don't want the player to write in chat, or use the bag space... :(

If you do any one have any other suggestions on how to do this... :D

-Alvin

ic3_water

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked around for what i want, but haven't seen any thing I can use. What I want, is an attribute system where you can choose which attribute you want to increase, from a button in a spellbook...

All I can think of is to let the player pick an ability to learn to the hero, remove the ability and give the hero a permanent attribute increase. :banghead:

I have already made the system with dialog buttons. And I am sure I don't want the player to write in chat, or use the bag space... :(

If you do any one have any other suggestions on how to do this... :D

-Alvin
Use Attribute Bonus ability (Aamk)

eric92

Reaction score
Hey man I dont know if this will work or not but its an idea. Mabye you can give your heros 3 abilitys that they learn by level up, like normal wc3 style. But when your hero gains a level, have a trigger give him an extra skill point:
Trigger:
  • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Leveling Hero): Add 2 points
(add 2 since when you level up you get one by default)

Now your hero clicks the "+" icon, and inside you have 3 dummy abilitys that do nothing. But when you learn one you must do a trigger to take the ability away and add +1 to the corresponding stat he chose. Make the 3 dummy abilitys have like 99 levels, as many as you can. Mabye use 3 auras that do nothing. (I am not possitive that this will work, but it should i havent done it.)

So you must make:
aura 1: name the spell: strength
aura 2: name the spell: agility
aura 3: name the spell: Intelligence
all of them need to have 100 levels, replace all the icons to the attribute bonus icon, the "+" icon.

I did not do this in my rpg because I used the dialog box and each time my hero levels up you get 3 lumber.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...] What I want, is an attribute system where you can choose which attribute you want to increase, from a button in a spellbook... [...]

six steps to victory.

1). Create a spellbook ability.

2). Create 3 copies of the "Channel" ability, set tooltips, icons, order ID's and all the other parameters, make them instant cast abilities and add them to the spellbook.

3). add the spellbook to all your heroes

4). make a trigger like this:
(BEWARE! HANDWRITTEN!!!)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit Begins Casting an Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal MyIncreaseStrengthAbility
    • Actions
      • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering Unit): Add 1

5). Think of some good condition to what a player needs to use these abilitys. (lumber, level ups, whatever you like)

6). have fun enjoing your map...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.