System Attribute System v4

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
the system is great, i even used this in my lotal project

but ill post the things i hate
1. it stops the hero from moving, e.g. chasing a unit, then suddenly level up and then my hero stops
2. dont stack with auto cast abilities, like if u right click and auto cast ability, it deactivates the auto cast ability, because the stat ability will force the hero to right click it
3. when ur hero cant use spells, e.g. silenced, or using blade storm, the stat ability will not show the glow sfx, the one swirling the icon

but all in all the system is still nice

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
1. that is noted in the system, if u edit it yourself u can remove that
2. same as above
3. no way around that

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
emjlr3 I have a little idea.

How about of instead using items you use spellbook (in the place of yellow bonus icon) so when you level up you choose your bonuses from a spellbook.
There are tricks to make abilities in spellbook change when you click something inside. and since for a bonus you need only like 6 levels it will be piece of cake.

emjlr3

Reaction score
give it a whirl, Fulla tried this once, and failed, ask him about it sometime

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Just a Quick Question.
Ok, so you need the Hero to be in AS_Enable, for the System to work for him, right?
I am not a good JASS user, and I know you hate GUI, but how would I enable the unit Hero, when he enters specific Region?
These are the Lines I believe, that add the created Unit in the Demo Map, to 'AS_Enable'
JASS:
    call SelectUnit(Hero, true)  
    call AS_Enable(Hero,6)

An this is my Move Trigger, that moves a Hero once they enter a Region.
Code:
Move Heroes Night
    Ereignisse
        Einheit - A unit enters HeroMoveNight <gen>
    Bedingungen
        ((Entering unit) is Ein Held) Gleich True
    Aktionen
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            'IF'-Bedingungen
                ((Entering unit) is in Hero_UnMoveGroup) Gleich True
            'THEN'-Aktionen
            'ELSE'-Aktionen
                Set Hero_EnteringUnit = (Entering unit)
                Set Hero_MoveRegion[1] = (Center of HeroSpawnNight <gen>)
                Einheit - Move Hero_EnteringUnit instantly to Hero_MoveRegion[1]
                Kamera - Pan camera for (Owner of Hero_EnteringUnit) to Hero_MoveRegion[1] over 0.00 seconds
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Hero_MoveRegion[1])
                Einheitengruppe - Add Hero_EnteringUnit to Hero_UnMoveGroup

I could add a lines of custom script, or do it in GUI, whichever is easier. But I realy need help on this.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i believe the system is best combined with vex's selection system...because there is a trigger that runs if a hero is selected there you will put the line AS_Enable for that hero selected

or u can make a trigger that detects if a hero is sold...then put the line AS_Enable for that hero

emjlr3

Reaction score
yea that is where I would do it, whatever trigger runs when your hero is selected

Rommel

Reaction score
Sometimes i lose all my items while using your old system, I wonder if you fixed this bug :banghead:. anyway its still a cool system for my RPGs.

emjlr3

Reaction score
they never come back, ever? this system is very similar, with only a few changes, if that ever actually happened, and I use this system in two of my maps, I would think that I would have experienced it by now...

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
For some reason I can't get it to work. I copied everything and such but when I try it in-game nothing happens. I mean, if I add the ability to a Hero and he levels up, when I click the attribute ability it disappears. I tried not to add the ability but when a Hero levels up the ability doesn't appear. Why is that?? :/

Rommel

Reaction score
Lol, im still using ur v2 system. Anyway, im coming back to WE with a new RPG project, so ur system should helps alot. I will test it tonight, hope that all nasty bugs have been fixed, thank you.:D

emjlr3

Reaction score
has this ever been reported, before .... now?

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
One big problem is that this system removes the item bonuses.....
The only way around is use a Modded Invx.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.