Attributes room to small?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Are there any way to increase the size of the room where attributes are located on a unit?
attributesroom.png

This is how it looks right now, but I want to increase the room, eg remove the 3D / 2D image of the unit, is that possible?

This unit could possibly recieve 3000 bonus HP and Bonus Spell Damage, and I want the player to be able to see it.

EDIT: I got this screenshot which shows another persons Starcraft UI with much more room? :eek:
massiveroom.png

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You should be able to do it by modifying SC2 Layout Files. The files can be found by opening up the console and typing browse. Then go to the path UI/Layout/. There are quite a lot of files there and I have never tried to modify them so that is about all the help I can provide.

X-maul

Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to locate UI/Layout?

I updated main thread with a screenshot. The screenshot was taken from a tutorial where he starts a map from scratch, so it seems to be some kind of option ingame, which I can't seem to locate?

Dave312

Reaction score
I think it just depends on the resolution of your screen.

X-maul

Reaction score
I dont know how high the resoluton is on the second screenshot, but I tried to choose the lowest resolution and it was the same with 800x600 as with 1280x1024

Doesnt any of you guys know of a way to scale the UI?

Dave312

Reaction score
It is probably more of a widescreen thing. My screen is widescreen and my interface looks like the second screenshot.

X-maul

Reaction score
hm, ok - mine isnt a widescreen - that might be the case - thank you anyway for trying :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Purchased a new monitor, wth 23.5" and widescreen, and this is what it does now....
uierror.png

Dave312

Reaction score
Well it is a bit disappointing to see that it still gets cut off despite you having the extra room. You should be able to solve this by modifying the layout files. I took a look through and found one called InfoPanel.SC2Layout (contents in spoiler tags below). Scroll down halfway and you should see this:

<Frame type="InfoPaneHero" name="InfoPaneHero" template="InfoPaneHero/InfoPaneHeroTemplate">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$parent" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Right" relative="$parent" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

Try increasing the width value and see whether that solves your problem. You will need to save this and import it and set the path to replace the path of the default file (path is "UI/Layout/UI/InfoPanel.SC2Layout")

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Desc>
<Constant name="InfoPaneUnitNameStyleNormal" val="@@InfoPaneUnitName"/>
<Constant name="InfoPaneUnitNameStyleCondensed" val="@@InfoPaneUnitNameCondensed"/>

<Frame type="InfoPanel" name="InfoPanelTemplate">
<Frame type="Frame" name="UnitPanel">
<Anchor relative="$parent"/>
<Frame type="BehaviorBar" name="BehaviorBar" template="BehaviorBar/BehaviorBarTemplate">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="6"/>
<Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="10"/>
<RenderPriority val="520"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="UnitWireframe" name="UnitWireframe" template="UnitWireframe/UnitWireframeTemplate">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/BehaviorBar" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent/BehaviorBar" pos="Max" offset="-10"/>
<Width val="140"/>
<Height val="140"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="ShieldLabel">
<Style val="UnitWireframeVital"/>
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/UnitWireframe" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent/UnitWireframe" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Right" relative="$parent/UnitWireframe" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="LifeLabel">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/ShieldLabel" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="EnergyLabel">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/LifeLabel" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
</Frame>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneAIGroup" name="InfoPaneAIGroup" template="AIFrames/InfoPaneAIGroupTemplate">
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneAIPlayer" name="InfoPaneAIPlayer" template="AIFrames/InfoPaneAIPlayerTemplate">
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneUnit" name="InfoPaneUnit" template="InfoPaneUnit/InfoPaneUnitTemplate">
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneHero" name="InfoPaneHero" template="InfoPaneHero/InfoPaneHeroTemplate">
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneQueue" name="InfoPaneQueue" template="InfoPaneQueue/InfoPaneQueueTemplate">
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneProgress" name="InfoPaneProgress" template="InfoPaneProgress/InfoPaneProgressTemplate">
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneCargo" name="InfoPaneCargo" template="InfoPaneCargo/InfoPaneCargoTemplate">
<Width val="402"/>
</Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneGroup" name="InfoPaneGroup" template="InfoPaneGroup/InfoPaneGroupTemplate">
</Frame>
</Frame>
</Desc>

X-maul

Reaction score
Sigh, I feel like a total noob :banghead: how do I modify the file? I am able to find it, but I can't modify it, it seems.

Dave312

Reaction score
Sorry I sort of just glossed over it a bit because I haven't actually done it myself. You will need to export the file (Right Click -> Export File or Crtl+E) and then make your changes using a text editor. And finally import your file using the Import Manager and set the path so it overrides the existing file (Use Right Click -> Move File... or Crtl+M to change the path).

Also just something to be aware of, if someone tries to play your map who doesn't have a widescreen, they will still have the issue of not being able to read the attributes. You may want to consider making some other changes to the layout files to avoid this issue.

X-maul

Reaction score
sigh, I can't seem to be able to export it, it let's me click on the "save" button but nothing happens /:

Dave312

Reaction score
Just copy and paste from my previous post into a text file and change the extension to match.

X-maul

Reaction score
I got it imported and changed it to 620, but it didnt work, or it was the wrong filetype, I was not able to change filetype to InfoPanel.SC2Layout..* so it got to be InfoPanel.SC2Layout.txt

Dave312

Reaction score
If the extensions don't match, I doubt the imported file will override the existing file. Have you tried changing the extension of the file prior to importing it?

X-maul

Reaction score
no, my computer won't allow me to save it as the file I export from Galaxy Editor

Dave312

Reaction score
I don't think we are on the same page. When you export the file, change the filename to "InfoPanel.txt". Then do your editing of the file with your favourite text editor and hit save. Now before you import the file into the SC2 Editor, change the filename from "InfoPanel.txt" to "InfoPanel.SC2Layout" (make sure you have the file extensions shown otherwise it won't work). Now you should be able to import it without any problems.

X-maul

Reaction score
I'm as sure as I can be, that I've done it as you said, but it does not work /:
changed the things in the document to this:
Code:
<Desc>
    <Constant name="InfoPaneUnitNameStyleNormal" val="@@InfoPaneUnitName"/>
    <Constant name="InfoPaneUnitNameStyleCondensed" val="@@InfoPaneUnitNameCondensed"/>

<Frame type="InfoPanel" name="InfoPanelTemplate">        
        <Frame type="Frame" name="UnitPanel">
            <Frame type="BehaviorBar" name="BehaviorBar" template="BehaviorBar/BehaviorBarTemplate">
                <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="6"/>
                <Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="10"/>
                <RenderPriority val="520"/>
            </Frame>

<Frame type="UnitWireframe" name="UnitWireframe" template="UnitWireframe/UnitWireframeTemplate">
                <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/BehaviorBar" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
                <Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent/BehaviorBar" pos="Max" offset="-10"/>
                <Width val="140"/>
                <Height val="140"/>
            </Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="ShieldLabel">
                <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/UnitWireframe" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
            </Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="LifeLabel">
                <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/ShieldLabel" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
            </Frame>

<Frame type="Label" name="EnergyLabel">
                <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/LifeLabel" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
            </Frame>
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneAIGroup" name="InfoPaneAIGroup" template="AIFrames/InfoPaneAIGroupTemplate">
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneAIPlayer" name="InfoPaneAIPlayer" template="AIFrames/InfoPaneAIPlayerTemplate">
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneUnit" name="InfoPaneUnit" template="InfoPaneUnit/InfoPaneUnitTemplate">
            <Width val="502"/>
        </Frame>

<Width val="502"/>
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneQueue" name="InfoPaneQueue" template="InfoPaneQueue/InfoPaneQueueTemplate">
            <Width val="502"/>
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneProgress" name="InfoPaneProgress" template="InfoPaneProgress/InfoPaneProgressTemplate">
            <Width val="502"/>
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneCargo" name="InfoPaneCargo" template="InfoPaneCargo/InfoPaneCargoTemplate">
            <Width val="502"/>
        </Frame>

<Frame type="InfoPaneGroup" name="InfoPaneGroup" template="InfoPaneGroup/InfoPaneGroupTemplate">
        </Frame>
    </Frame>
</Desc>
And I did set the extension to the right thing as you instructed, imported it like this:
pathc.png

And it still does the thing with the borders /:
I guess it's a thing that needs to be patched to work

Dave312

Reaction score
It looks like trying to replace the existing file using the import manager doesn't work.

Open up the Data Editor and select the data type Game UI Data. Now select the Default SC2 UI Settings and add your custom layout file to the UI - Custom Layout Files property. The file will be located in the path specified in the import manager. Also you may need to save, close and re-open your map after you have imported your file if you can't find it. Now test and see if that works. (Note that the filename and path may not need to be the same as the existing file)

EDIT: The method works for getting the game to read the custom layout file, however I'm getting errors about reading items with duplicate names.

EDIT2: Ok now I think I have it. You only need to override what you want to change. Create a new text file and paste this into it:
Code:
<Desc>
	<Frame tyep="InfoPanel" name="GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/InfoPanel" file="GameUI">
		<Frame type="InfoPaneHero" name="InfoPaneHero">
			<Width val="402"/>
		</Frame>
	</Frame>
</Desc>
Change the value of the width property and set it to whatever you want it to be. Then save and import the file as before and add it via the data editor.

X-maul

Reaction score
It's not working /: sigh - that sucks - I'll request Blizzard to fix it in later patches :) (or atleast try to request)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.