Aura buff that grants vision?

Tarivol

Reaction score
I'm looking to create an aura that, with triggers, gives a given player vision of friendly units within 4k range; I believe I have this half managed, as I have the buff in place, as an aura that does nothing and is present on only the units I want to have that vision, and I have a dummy unit setup specifically to give the aura of vision I want them to.. But how do I make a trigger to spawn the vision dummy next to all other friendlies, only for the players who picked a certain hero class?

And, more importantly, what do I do to maintain the vision of just the area I want them to see?

Aphurea

Reaction score
Ok. So you want an aura that grants vision to Friendly units? May I ask why? Is this to identify NPC's? And, why don't you just make the range on the buff 4k range, and make it give a Faerie Fire offshoot, where it only targets friendlies, has no art work and doesn't reduce armor?

If you're going to stick with dummies. Just create a dummy unit. Use the trigger to pick every unit in unit group. Make that unit group "All units allied to -player-". Spawn a dummy on their position, add a expiration timer to them. Rinse+repeat. But that's not a very effective way of doing it.

Tarivol

Reaction score
Actually, I hadn't thought of the faerie fire method.. Thanks! And, I want the vision thing to be an advantage; It's a tactical, squad based map, and normally you won't share vision of your allies, whereas this particular class will be able to see friendlies within 4k range. Thanks for the idea!

Tarivol

Reaction score
Actually, now that I see the layout, the Faerie Fire buff doesn't seem to control the armor reduction, or the amount of vision granted, so I'm kinda confused as to how I'm supposed to be editing the abilities. Any tips?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Actually, now that I see the layout, the Faerie Fire buff doesn't seem to control the armor reduction, or the amount of vision granted, so I'm kinda confused as to how I'm supposed to be editing the abilities. Any tips?

That information is under the faerie fire ability, the buff is just an aesthetic that goes along side the ability.

Tarivol

Reaction score
So do I need to make a trigger that makes the aura cast the spell faerie fire on the friendlies it affects?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.