Aura giving buff instantly?

Handless

Reaction score
How can I make an aura give/remove the buff instanty when an unit comes into/leaves its range?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Create a dummy unit to cast the spell on the unit for, 1-2 seconds.

Handless

Reaction score
Well thanks, but I really need an aura for my purposes. Or atleast it would be much simpler, as the buff needs to be there instantly whenever units in range of the aura are revived or if one of the units turn spell immune or something.

I know it's possible since it's used in dota. (e.g buff of Bloodseeker's Rupture is given by an aura.)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
What I meant was, use an aura. But since it takes time to register, you should create a dummy unit to cast teh spell, which givews the buff for 1 or 2 seconds, and after the buff is gone, the aura's buff should come in. if you get what I mean.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You could make a trigger to affect all units within range of your unit, you would be able to get the same effect as having an aura, just without the delay of adding or removing the buff.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
It's impossible to make a genuine aura act instantly, but you can trigger an aura using a fast period (eg. 0.1s) which will be much more prompt, although not truly instant.

Also, I believe the buff can be applied by giving each unit a self-affecting dummy aura based on Tornado Slow. This is the method used in J4L's BuffStruct and I think he said that self-affecting auras apply instantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.