Aura that heals trees?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help' started by sunshinex3, Dec 17, 2017.

1. sunshinex3

sunshinex3 You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    is their a way to have an aura that actually heals trees? or maybe an immolation ability? lightning shield? something? can't find any thing on this... i tried aura in editor and their attemps with slow poison and negative values.

what i want is for owner of a certain unit be able to collect wood like normal but not have trees die.

2. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 4 / -4
    As far as I know there is no way to do this with the data editor alone. There are no abilities that can heal destructibles I think.

But it should be fairly easy to do with triggers. Have a trigger run periodically and do something like this:
    Trigger:
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of TmpPnt and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
          • Then - Actions
            • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to (Max life of (Picked destructible))
          • Else - Actions

This will pick all trees (of type Summer Tree Wall) and heal them to the max. You could easily change the above code to make it heal by a certain amount or by a percentage.
    If this is supposed to work for multiple units though it might get a bit slow in terms of performance. You should probably just try it out yourself.

3. sunshinex3

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    running triggers periodically is something i want to avoid their could be thousands of units on the map at any given time.

4. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 4 / -4
    As far as I know there is no way apart from triggers to heal trees.

5. sunshinex3

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    lightning shield immolation dont work but tornado damage aura does... how ever i cant revers aura to heal the trees i beleive its cuz trees cant be healed.... so perhaps since i have an aura that can target trees i can use that to trigger that when tree dies resurrect it if it has buff... maybe...

6. sunshinex3

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Tornado damage aura does deal damage to trees but doodads can't be healed thax for the info i've abandoned this idea.