World Australia: Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A judge in Australia has been criticised after saying incest may no longer be a taboo and that the community may now accept consensual sex between adult siblings.

Judge Garry Neilson, from the district court in the state of New South Wales, likened incest to homosexuality, which was once regarded as criminal and "unnatural" but is now widely accepted.

He said incest was now only a crime because it may lead to abnormalities in offspring but this rationale was increasingly irrelevant because of the availability of contraception and abortion.

"A jury might find nothing untoward in the advance of a brother towards his sister once she had sexually matured, had sexual relationships with other men and was now 'available', not having [a] sexual partner," the judge said.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering only facts and no moral bias, would you allow it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont give a damn about what people do. Let them do whatever they want.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
A rapist, pedophile, Incest, and a Judge who thinks he has a conscience.
He even gave a rapist a lighter sentence, Just because he didn't ******** What a fucking freak !

Edit: He should be locked up forever !

Last edited:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Freaking Australians. Who knows what stuff will be like in 50 or a hundred years but incest being Socially OK? I knew it existed but did not think it was a huge number.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with the judge on this one 'cuz it is just like homosexuality; long as my brother isn't trying to get in my butt, why the hell should I care who someone wants to fuck?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are different things. Incest is illegal because of Darwin's gene mixing experiment using two flowers.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I don't think one judge can have a say on whether or not incest is taboo. Taboos are defined by the society as a whole, so the most he can do is say that incest is no longer illegal, and wait for people to start accepting it.

FireCat

Reaction score
You missed that "She was raped, She was underaged when all began! " Of her own scumbag of brother."

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
By the looks of it, yes, she was raped at least once. That doesn't make incest wrong however, because they're two different things. I find it downright laughable that one of the people that criticized the judge called him a misogynist, because the term 'incest' is used regardless if it's about men or women.
To answer your question, I think rape is immoral, though I don't really care about either incest or pedophilia. If you want to do something with another person and you both agree to it, then by all means be my guest.

FireCat

Reaction score
BlueMirage said:
By the looks of it, yes, she was raped at least once.
It's One too many !
Rape and Pedophilia, is horrendous and should be treated as a serious crime "Forever!"
Incest is one of the most horrendous forms of sexual abuse "child-adult whatever" should be treated as a serious crime!

Well, as long as it's not a child-adult relationship, Forced thing" If you must screw someone in your family... Just don't make babies !
It's not fair for the child! It would cause Biological/Psychological harm.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It's One too many !
Rape and Pedophilia, is horrendous and should be treated as a serious crime "Forever!"
Incest is one of the most horrendous forms of sexual abuse "child-adult whatever" should be treated as a serious crime!

Well, as long as it's not a child-adult relationship, Forced thing" If you must screw someone in your family... Just don't make babies !
It's not fair for the child! It would cause Biological/Psychological harm.

As usual, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

"Incest [...] should be treated as a serious crime. Well, as long as it's not a child-adult relationship."

Anyway, why is incest sexual abuse? Imagine two adults having sex even though they're related to eachother. Who is abusing who?

However, I don't think incest is okay due to the genetic problems associated with it. If we managed to fix them so it wasn't a factor, I don't see the problem with incest. We're all related somehow, right?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Firecat, you probably mean parent-child sexual relationship for incest, right?

Adult-child sexual relationship is of course a no-no, unless you're Islamic. That is a gray area I do not want to delve myself into. (Age of consent and religious definitions)

Adult-child relationship, however, is defined differently by law. They are not sexual, consensual, or forced. If otherwise, by law, refers to different crimes rather than incest.

Also, siblings sexual relationship is also incest.

And incest is defined as both parties of related blood consented to sex, and have done sex with each other. Since both parties are willing to do sex, there is no rape involved (both parties consented), pedophilla is non-existent (since they are related, both knew the consequences of having sex, and both knew what sex is), and no one is hurt from performing the act of sex (manslaughter is non-existent, because nobody got hurt, physically and mentally).

And incest will be a problem if and only if they produce an (a set of) offspring(s), and that (those) same offspring(s) is (are) outside of the mother's womb. Abortion and contraceptives prevents that offspring to appear, which stops both parties from satisfying the definition of incest.

FireCat

Reaction score
Siretu said:
We're all related somehow, right?
No !
Seriously, it doesn't matter how you twist it. It is incest. And It's abuse if you don't want to. Right?
Btw: How can a child know if its right or wrong to being molested ? Well, a person can manipulate a child.

tom_mai78101 said:
Firecat, you probably mean parent-child sexual relationship for incest, right?.
Yes and No! If both are adults, then fine as long as ... Well, what I said before.

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You remind me of a poorly translated book I read a bit ago.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.