auto cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
is there a way to make an ability auto cast?
im trying to make a tower where its attack is a spell (chain lightning) (costs zero manna) and i need to make it so it automaticly attacks (casts)
do i use triggers, or is there an option in the obj. editor?

also, what is the obj. maneger for?

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so if it has no damage?
if so then make a trigger to cast a spell every (seconds equal to coldown time)

or you can make a bouncing attack that looks like lightning

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Quote from the Tower Defense tutorial on this site:
Code:
A unit owned by player 5 (creeps) is attacked.
Attacking unit is (lightning tower)
Order (attacking unit) to cast (chain lightning) on (attacked unit)

U

Unregistere

Cant you just edit the tower in object editor and change its default attack to work like chain lightning? Sorry but I am in a hurry so if no one tells you how to change it I will later.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No you can't. However, you can make a bouncing attack with a lightning-like missile. You can do this by setting the attack type to missile (bounce), the maximum number of targets to the maximum amount of units that should be hit and the target range (or something like that) to the maximum range it should bounce over.

Rad

Reaction score
Lightning effects dont work right with most spells and attacks though, do what gruff said. You can give the tower a 1-1 damage attack and it wil cast when it attacks

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[off-topic]When will ya all finally learn to spell my name right? I have been called so far: Gurf Gruff Grufr Grrf Gruf Grif Grorf Garf Grty and Grefr. It's G-R-U-R-F, ok? :)[/off-topic]

AFAIK if you order the tower to cast the spell right when it starts attacking, it will cancel the attacking order and cast the spell, without doing the normal damage, just the spell damage.

U

Unregistere

That’s what I was talking about Grurf. Set the projectile art to look like lightning and make it bounce. It wouldn’t be chain lightning but it would work kind of like it.

Rad

Reaction score
"When will ya all finally learn to spell my name right? I have been called so far: Gurf Gruff Grufr Grrf Gruf Grif Grorf Garf Grty and Grefr. It's G-R-U-R-F, ok?"

OK Ill try to remember Gurf

F

Footman Bob

I tried setting it to bounce with lighting attack and it didnt bounce. I made the tower with 5 units from another team next to it and it only hit one at a time.

I

IllidansHead

Rad said:
"When will ya all finally learn to spell my name right? I have been called so far: Gurf Gruff Grufr Grrf Gruf Grif Grorf Garf Grty and Grefr. It's G-R-U-R-F, ok?"

OK Ill try to remember Gurf
lol

Sargon

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko has a tutorial map somewhere that contains a chain lightning tower. Probably is in the World Editor Tutorials site.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
why dont you just give the tower the glaive bouncing attack and give it lightning projectile art

Sargon

Reaction score
Because lightning effects aren't projectiles.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i dont really care if they are or not. i have seen plenty of units attack with bolts of lightning. first example that comes to my mind is the chimaera towers from cube defense. i have seen it before i know you can do it so dont tell me you cant. sargon, you were an ass the first time you said something to me, you were an ass the last time you said soemthing to me, and you were an ass every time you've said something in between. and i know a lot of people agree with me on that, i have seen people call you out on it in other threads. just because you're too stupid to figure something out doesnt mean you have to tell everyone else they are wrong.

but lets just suppose that he was right (even though he's not) then just use the slow orb ability to make an ability that has 100% chance to cast chain lightning on an attack and then give that ability to the tower.

Sargon

Reaction score
Grundy said:
but lets just suppose that he was right (even though he's not) then just use the slow orb ability to make an ability that has 100% chance to cast chain lightning on an attack and then give that ability to the tower.

That should work.

I also fail to see how pointing out that the lightning effect that Chain Lightning uses is not projectile art is a justification for flaming.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Grurf said:
Quote from the Tower Defense tutorial on this site:
Code:
A unit owned by player 5 (creeps) is attacked.
Attacking unit is (lightning tower)
Order (attacking unit) to cast (chain lightning) on (attacked unit)
This is the most effective way to use this, the thread should have stopped there.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
actually the most effective way is using the slow orb ability, requires no triggers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.