Auto spawn units from buildings like nexus wars

chrispytoes

Reaction score
Hello, well the title kinda says it all I want to have units auto spawn from buildings and then set an attack order to destroy the enemies main building thingy but while also stopping to attack everything on the way.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Well in Nexus Wars, the units are trained, and a trigger detects whenever a unit is made, it does an attack move order to the enemy nexus.

Event: When Unit is Created
Condition: <none>
Action: If Unit Created is created by player 1/2
Then: Change ownership to player 5 (The computer that owns the nexus, because the unit cannot be controlled by the players)
Else: Change ownership to player 6 (The other computer that owns the enemy nexus)
Order Triggering Unit to Attack Move at Position of Enemy Nexus (Its an Attack Move, so it will attack everything along the way)​

Im assuming this is how Nexus Wars does it. I'm sure your problem isn't exactly like this, but i'm sure you can derive the information here to suit your needs.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
To change their build time, you find to the train ability for that building that is training the unit in the Data Editor (under the Abilities data type). For example, the train ability for the barracks is called Barracks - Train. Once you have found the ability you are after, open up the Ability: Info + property and then double click on the unit you wish to change the build time for. Then in the new window that opens, scroll down to the bottom and edit the Info - Time property and set it to your desired duration.

There are a couple of ways of having the building automatically build a unit. You could just use triggers (in fact you could modify the trigger Monsterous posted) and use an Issue Order action to order the building to train another unit when the current unit has been trained. You would just need to remember to start the process at the start of the game by using the same action. The other solution would be to do it via data and give the building a behaviour which periodically orders the building to train another unit. If you need more info on either method, please let me know.

chrispytoes

Reaction score
I still dont get it I understand the part to make them attack but Im still confused on how to change the build times. Why is it so hard to do simple things and yet do easy to do more complex things?

Dave312

Reaction score
What are you having trouble with? Are you having difficulty finding the properties mentioned? If so, it may be because your view settings are different to mine. Set them to Table View (View > Table View) and turn on Show Default Values (View > Show Default Values), Show Advanced Values (View > Show Advanced Values), Show Field Type Names (View > Show Field Type Names) and Combine Structure Values (View > Combine Structure Values). That should make it easier to find the properties I referenced in my previous post.

chrispytoes

Reaction score
I still cant find it maybe im a bit more of a noob than I thought I was. I always had it on those settings still cant find it. I am also running into so many other problems with this map too I cant find any good tutorials or anything. If somebody could just point me in the right direction that would be great.

Dave312

Reaction score
Well the build times are located on the train ability. Are you able to find this ability? What building are you training from? If this isn't your problem, which step are you stuck on? What can't you find?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.