Autocasting a summon spell and mirror image with a summoned unit

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
My friend from another site does mapping, and this is a problem he has, which I have found myself stumped about. Quoted from his post:

I think I might already have asked this before, but is there any way besides ordering it to do so via triggers to make a unit auto-cast a spell that summons units and does not require corpses to work?
I thought removing 'Corpse' as target of the necro's Revive Dead spell might work, or changing it to 'Terrain', but in neither setting does the spell acquire a target at all then. And I cannot think of any other unit summoning spell with auto-cast function that does not require corpses as well either.
I could, of course, simply base it off any other auto-cast spell, and insert the summoning effect via triggers, but I want the unit to keep casting this spell even when no enemy units or any other targets are around, as long as the auto-cast is on and the unit has mana, and I think the AI would not get this with most other spells.

The second problem is that I have a unit with Mirror Image, which for some reason always dies as soon as it tries to use it. I figure it might have to do with the unit in question being a summoned unit itself, with an expiration timer (because, frankly, I cannot think of any other reason why this effect would happen). Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Would triggering an autocast off of Spirit Touch work? Or some modification of it?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I have noticed the mirror image death phenomenon once before. In the game Arena Nexus, an AI hero has the mirror image ability. This hero can only be reached by going through a waygate. There is a region near the hero that will transport and unit entering it to the center of the map. If the hero enters this region and gets moved to the center of the map, then mirror images, it often dies for an unknown reason.

To be honest, you have a good question there. I can't think of any way to deal with it without triggers. I don't suppose there is a changeable prerequisite for casting spell in the AI editor. I know that the AI stomps when 3 units are in range, and casts summons and avatar at 50% health. I have never messed with the AI editor, so I don't know if there are ways to change this prerequisite.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.