Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right, approved. :thup:

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Romek said:
As for making Azlier change this snippet just because you move the occasional unit outside the map area, I think that's pointless.
The event firing again does no harm. And I can assure you that the vast majority of users will not be moving units so far outside the map.
I think you haven't read with attention.
I never asked him change this snippet for that, neither i claimed, on known and unknown worlds someone exists which do this silly thing like me. :D

Anyway, like i've said it wouldn't work for most of maps, where units aren't only created only with the function CreateUnit, but also can be trained,bought,built,summoned ...

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Why is there a struct here?

It's like everyone uses structs simply because they can.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Struct initializers fire before library initializers.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Who gives a rip.
JASS:
private struct Hack

-->
JASS:
private struct Hack extends array

Someone said something about struct initialisers firing first, but that doesn't help. The order in which they'd fire isn't defined off memory, and this would work for units created in a struct initialiser anyway (but they couldn't fly immediately).

Or rather, it would when you implement this: enumerate all the units of each player for "Actions" also. Otherwise units that began on the map will not be flyable.

I like this. (But make it work :p)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Alright. Done. Does that compile? I can't check at the moment.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that's fine.

> The order in which they'd fire isn't defined off memory
Struct initializers are fired in the order in which they appear in the map script.
So structs within libraries take priority, and you can use [ljass]requires[/ljass] on this library to make it fire before your library.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Oh, nice.
I thought i wouldn't never use struct extends array because in the current state they are fairly limited, but in this case of using a struct as an initializer it's "awesome".
It prevents useless allocate and destroy functions to be created inside the map script, nice trick.

But structs extends array will be more useful when members of structs will be hashtables, if this day will happen one day.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
D'oh. Minor update. Made a stupid mistake. Enum and Actions were the exact same function with different names. :p

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Zomg it's the end of the world, you leak one rect :eek:
Can i suggest the use of GetWorldBounds() instead of bj_... ?

I heard a rumour where some silly dudes import an empty blizzard.j inside their map :D
Ofc it's more a joke than something serious, because if a dude seriously do it, he should already have enough skills to edit it as he want, or just should be shot.

It's more for the other silly dudes, which are a little more (one here) which move some units outside the playable map area.
These guys still should also have the skills to edit this code for their purpose, but anyway it doesn't change anything with your code, so just use it ;)

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
You still leak a rect.
But here is the dilemma now, add 2 lines of code or leave a rect leak (kinda irrelevant).
I would go for the 2 lines of codes ^^

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Destroying the rect will not interfere with the region, right?

If not, I will fix the leak immediately.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Destroying the rect will not interfere with the region, right?

If not, I will fix the leak immediately.

I thought you had understood it.
Rects aren't linked to the regions, neither are cells.
With regions, rects are just used as a collection of cells.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Picky, picky...

I hope that compiles.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
What do you mean? I have done no such thing!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.