Tool AutoHotKey

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
A very useful program.
Used to easily create keyboard and mouse macros.
(A macro allows you to repeat key stokes and or mouse movements and clicks several times very quickly and easily)
This program has many applications in WE and can be extremely useful in almost any other program.

Website
The website has its own forum and tutorials.

Ill give some examples of how useful it is when applied to WE.

Lets say i want to make an ability that has 100 levels.
and i want to make each tool tip display the damage of my ability.
The built in autofill cant do something like that.
Its damage will be for instance 50 + 10x (the level of the spell)
All the tooltips will show a different damage value.
Autohotkey has its own programming language and can use loops, variables and expressions.
Instead of a macro that pastes rapidly I can make one that correctly types out individual tool tips for each level of my spell to include typing out the damage.

Not only can it be useful for filling out fields in the object editor, but it can be used to quickly make triggers.
If i get stuck making some horrendous GUI trigger that has many parts that are very similar such as a trigger that detects a chat message for any player.
Trigger:
  • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match

Normally I would have to copy this action paste it, then hit enter, click Player 1 (Red), hit down, then hit enter twice, just to get
Trigger:
  • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match

Then i have to repeat that for each player up to 12.
But with a macro I can accomplish the same task much more quickly.

Outside of WE there are many more applications but i wont go into that.

here is another example
this one is one that could be used for unique tooltips
(btw i didnt have to type the green part it is automatically there whenever i make a new ahk file)
Code:
[COLOR="Green"];
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         A.N.Other <[email protected]>
;
; Script Function:
;	Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.[/COLOR]
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 200

lv = 1
z::
send {enter}|cffffcc00I|rce Finger - [|cffffcc00Level %lv%|r]{enter}{down}
lv += 1
return
x:: {z 100}

all i have to do is click the first field then hit x
and it changes all 100 fields to correctly display the level of the ability
pretty nifty huh?

heres one that would make tooltips for damage
Code:
[COLOR="Green"];
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         A.N.Other <[email protected]>
;
; Script Function:
;	Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.[/COLOR]
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 200

lv = 1
z::
send {enter}Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA%lv%> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur%lv%> seconds.{enter}{down}
lv += 1
return
x:: send {z 10}

Reaction score
WE already has an auto fill function built into the object editor which pretty much does exactly what you described in the example. Displaying the damage of the spell can be done through data tags too.

But, it might still be useful for unique tool tips as you said, and possibly GUI triggering...

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
where is the autofill?
ive never used it obviously
ill just remove the examples about pasting if it can already be done an easier way

haha wow i never used that before its pretty usefull but like you said it cant do some things that ahk does.
btw data tags have to be unique if the damage changes at different levels so ahk would be useful there too

Reaction score
Auto fill increments the data tag as well. eg. At level 1 the data tag might be <A000,DataA1>. When you auto fill, it will increment the A1 to A2 and so on. It only works if the number matches the level. ie level 1 = A1, level 2 = A2. But if level 2 = A1, then all the others will A1.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.